wolfriverjoe

Religious Terrorism in North Carolina

There was a Drag Queen show scheduled in Southern Pines North Carolina.

Of course, the idiotic religious nuts protested it, calling it 'immoral'. 

One (or more) of them may have taken it a step further. Local law enforcement hasn't officially declared a motive or identified any suspects. They are referring any questions about terrorism to the federal investigators, who are on the scene and investigating it.

They shot up a couple of substations.
Damage was extensive, they need to replace some components (guessing transformers), which aren't readily available.
So 40,000 people (FORTY THOUSAND) people are without power. This includes hospitals (running on generators), traffic lights (injury accidents) and various other things. Temps are forecast to go below freezing at night, so lots of people are going to be pretty cold.

And the Drag Show?

It went on as scheduled. The performers had the crowd to light up the stage with their phones. 

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article269579392.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/05/us/power-outage-moore-county-investigation-monday/index.html

I marvel at people who get worked up about adults with other lifestyles.  I guess I spent too much time in art colonies/gay Meccas, but I'm a lot more concerned about True Believers of any stripe than I am drag queens. 

Religious fanatics have a long track record of killing those with whom they disagree; drag queens not so much.

I very much prefer cultures where other people's preferences are a matter of indifference, so long as everyone is of the age of consent, no animals are harmed and so forth.

Then again, I'm not going to hebbin, so my opinion doesn't count for much.

BSBD,

Winsor 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

One man's terrorist is another man's MAGA republican.

Proud Boys out showing their collective ass, while hiding behind masks, throwing white power signs, and holding up "Don't honk if you support us signs".

Sometimes I feel as though America has become the Iran that had a lot to do with me joining the Navy.

There are times I don't even recognize the country I live in.

White wingers ARE domestic terrorists.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

There was a Drag Queen show scheduled in Southern Pines North Carolina.

Of course, the idiotic religious nuts protested it, calling it 'immoral'. ....

President Putin has come out in support of the "idiotic religious nuts". Its no wonder that US religious conservatives and our own SK is in love with Putin. "Putin Signs Law Banning Expressions of L.G.B.T.Q. Identity in Public" Soon Alex Jones, Ye, trump, Nick Fuentes, Milo Yiannopoulos, etc. will be praising Putin again.

Attacking the vulnerable in society. Soon the nightsticks will be out to beat some religion into them.

8 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

They shot up a couple of substations.
Damage was extensive, they need to replace some components (guessing transformers), which aren't readily available.
So 40,000 people (FORTY THOUSAND) people are without power.

For the past few years every blackout has been met with chants of "See?  It's EVs or green power or loony libs or smart grid or something!  We will freeze in the dark thanks to those wackos!"

Somehow I suspect those people are going to be very quiet about this one.

On 12/5/2022 at 4:31 PM, normiss said:

Proud Boys out showing their collective ass, while hiding behind masks, throwing white power signs, and holding up "Don't honk if you support us signs".

Sometimes I feel as though America has become the Iran that had a lot to do with me joining the Navy.

There are times I don't even recognize the country I live in.

White wingers ARE domestic terrorists.

You can't find them when there's a mine field that needs clearing.

• Like 1