brenthutch

Get woke go broke

6 hours ago, jakee said:

In the other thread you already have going on to complain about films that make you uncomfortable, you never explained why you think having a female lead makes a film woke. Care to try?

Underlying fearful interpersonal feelings about the subject matter of this play? A complete personal absence of understanding of the fine arts. A knuckle dragging attitude about live art in general. All of which he tries in vain to conceal by wrapping a slow live play launch in personal politics.

Very sad when you think about it all. The beautiful things in life all colored by tribal politics.

Get help Brent.

17 hours ago, jakee said:

In the other thread you already have going on to complain about films that make you uncomfortable, you never explained why you think having a female lead makes a film woke. Care to try?

How could a film I never viewed make me uncomfortable?  I don’t go to the movies.

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

How could a film I never viewed make me uncomfortable? 

How should I know? But after two threads and countless posts dissing any film with a gay story thread, female lead or too many non white actors it’s more than clear that they do.

Exactly!  No movie/series/show/video with woke crap in it ever made it.  They all went broke.

Star Trek had a filthy episode of Kirk kissing a black woman.  Failed immediately.  That's why you never saw any Star Trek shows after the first one.

Will and Grace was ABOUT a gay man.  Failed after the first season and everyone went broke.

The Jeffersons.  A woke disaster made just so they could have a black show  Failed immediately and everyone went broke.

The Harry Potter series.  Gay lead character.  Failed after the first book, and no one made any money off those books, ever.

Supergirl.  Trans woman.  Failed after the first season.

Orange is the New Black.  Failed and everyone hated it.

35 minutes ago, Bigfalls said:

I was driving through town yesterday and saw a big banner across the road that said "Home Coming Weekend".  It got me thinking, Now the home coming king and queen could both be males.

First they were allowed to be black...now this. What is the world coming to.

58 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

In fairness to Brent, I have just seen a trailer for this movie and it looks shit. 

Its a good thing movies with straight white male lead characters never suck.

You mean Brent is struggling with causation and correlation?

I am so shocked.

14 hours ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11308083/DC-Comics-cancels-gay-Superman-book-series-just-18-issues-sales-fall-flat.html

Gay Superman fighting climate change deniers?

Can’t get much more woke than that!

They also made Robin heterosexual and then had to cancel.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-cancels-heterosexual-robin-comic-after-17-issues-as-sales-fall-flat/

Seems as always you struggle with correlation and causation.