1 1
Phil1111

trump and Musk. Two Nuts the Squirrels Missed for Winter

So both trump and Musk have suggested that Ukraine cave to Putin's criminal war of aggression. That they should cede territory in order to appease the dictator. That forgetting the war crimes. Cities destroyed. Would all be worth it to appease Chamberlain, er..Hitler.., er Putin.

Musk, a brilliant engineer. Missed history in elementary school. He went on this week to suggest that Taiwan should just accept Chinese rule. "Musk said his recommendation “would be to figure out a special administrative zone for Taiwan that is reasonably palatable.”

trump said: Oh who cares what he said its bound to be stupid. It was sure to make Putin smile.

Selling out democracies to appease communist dictators and kleptocracy gangster states. I guess after the twitter debacle. Musk should be expected to make dumb ill thought out decisions. He needs to stick to engineering.

1 minute ago, Slim King said:

The word Democracy isn't even found in the US Constitution ... 

But it is found in the dictionary you said you use, and the definition matches the way the US functions.

I think you only harp on about this because you hope the Supreme Court will enshrine the Republican’s extreme gerrymandering power forever and you’ll have your defence of ‘it doesn’t matter anyway, we’re not a democracy’ all ready to go. Well I think the founding fathers would also have hated one party giving itself power in perpetuity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Musk should be expected to make dumb ill thought out decisions. He needs to stick to engineering.

Musk only cares about what would make things better for his plans. The war in Ukraine is disruptive to the world economy and slows him down from achieving his objectives. Just as COVID restrictions did. 

10 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

So both trump and Musk have suggested that Ukraine cave to Putin's criminal war of aggression. That they should cede territory in order to appease the dictator. That forgetting the war crimes. Cities destroyed. Would all be worth it to appease Chamberlain, er..Hitler.., er Putin.

Musk, a brilliant engineer. Missed history in elementary school. He went on this week to suggest that Taiwan should just accept Chinese rule. "Musk said his recommendation “would be to figure out a special administrative zone for Taiwan that is reasonably palatable.”

trump said: Oh who cares what he said its bound to be stupid. It was sure to make Putin smile.

Selling out democracies to appease communist dictators and kleptocracy gangster states. I guess after the twitter debacle. Musk should be expected to make dumb ill thought out decisions. He needs to stick to engineering.

How did Chinese 'administration' of Hong Kong work out?

And I find the idea of a "UN Supervised election" in Ukraine to be rather abhorrent.

Since when should a sovereign nation accept invasion of it's territory if approved by a referendum?

How about we have a "UN Supervised Election" in Texas, Arizona and California to see if they should be returned to Mexico?

19 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

How about we have a "UN Supervised Election" in Texas, Arizona and California to see if they should be returned to Mexico?

With all of Musk's factories in Texas and California it's funny imagining his reaction if they end up on the other side of the border...

58 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

How did Chinese 'administration' of Hong Kong work out?

Ah but you’ve missed the genius of his plan. See he said the administration of Taiwan could be more lenient than Hong Kong, which was, errrm, also supposed to be more lenient. 

Ok, maybe not so genius after all.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Yes, well, not to complicate an otherwise sound idea but would you agree to putting the new border just south of Napa?

Just now, JoeWeber said:

Yes, well, not to complicate an otherwise sound idea but would you agree to putting the new border just south of Napa?

Ya know? 
I think that would be up to the voters.
Or maybe the UN.

Yeah, I can see all the 'patriotic 'Muricans' on board with this.

1 minute ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Ya know? 
I think that would be up to the voters.
Or maybe the UN.

Yeah, I can see all the 'patriotic 'Muricans' on board with this.

What voters? It's a war, don't you know? There's no immigration problem, we're being invaded. It's all over the news for anyone paying attention. Biden simply needs to concede defeat to Mexico and sign a treaty (he could draft it on the back side of a brown paper bag with a red crayon for historical accuracy) and submit it to the Senate for approval. Bada Bing!

6 hours ago, ryoder said:

You already have the Darién Gap there, which is tougher to cross than any wall.

Very true.

But the Venezuelans coming up to the US for asylum seem to be able to get across it.

Not all of them, more that just a few end up dying on the trek, but many still manage to make it.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Very true.

But the Venezuelans coming up to the US for asylum seem to be able to get across it.

Not all of them, more that just a few end up dying on the trek, but many still manage to make it.

From what I've read, the safest way is to hire a boat on the East coast to get around it. That is what Youtuber "Itchy Boots" did on her Patagonia -> Alaska motorcyle adventure.

Edited by ryoder