freefly_guy

Me Playing My Trumpet In Freefall

I had this video on youtube a while back and it is now on my new youtube page, and for some reason it just occurred to me that maybe it would appeal to more people on "dropzone" than just beginning to circulate by search on youtube. Comments on the youtube vid would be greatly appreciated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B42jnj8Uro

enjoy,
Matt

See the boxes below the text area where you typed your post? The one on the far right says "url".

Click that box before you enter your link, then click it again at the end of your link and it's a clicky :)
Fun video. Thanks for sharing.

Owned by Remi #?

its actually a pocket trumpet. It is even smaller than a cornet. Trumpet, cornet, and this all have the same amount of tubing, the only difference is that this one is wrapped as small as possible without having too terrible of a sound. It does sound pretty bad though. I just couldnt imagine getting my $2000 bach stradivarius trumpet caught in my lines, though it would sound quite a bit nicer. Plus I wouldnt have another trumpet to play taps for it as I watched it plummet to the earth. Maybe after my cutaway I could track to it and grab it?... :)

Nice horn.

I have a nice Conn that belonged to my grandfather. I think he paid about $1500.00 for that baby and that was 30+ years ago
Also a nice horn but the valves are all frozen now.
I dont play a horn myself. I'm a guitar and piano guy.

I grew up watching him play though. He had a cornet too. I kept them
because they were such a huge part of his life I couldn't see them
sold or disposed of as my mother had planned to do.

Maybe I'll try to do a freefall piano recital :-)
__

My mighty steed

I could hear it fine mostly because of the buzz in my head/helmet. On the raw video you can hear the sound just as I am turning and the bell is laserbeamed at the camera. Im sure that if my goal was to project to the camera that it would be very audible, but I just didnt think about that. I was actually pretty nervous about it (81st jump) so I was just focusing on altitude and pull sequence. The next time I do it I will do some squealing for the camera and post the raw video.... :)

that girl is a total cutie :D

Yeah. Put that damn horn down and tell us more about her!

Yeah. Like, does she need an hearing aid nowadays?:D
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

hmm, try to articulate better.. j/k

Wagner sounds much much better on bass trombone, that is for sure!

nice video though.. I had thought about bringing my trombone on a dive before i sold it, but figured it would be too hard to handle.. much more surface area than a pocket trumpet.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Why? were you directly below the exit point at the time?

Now there's a thing.

You know you can spot well if you have but a single jumprun and neither the piano player nor the piccolo player have to land out.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

if I was sitting in front of you on the plane I would have ....

Hey man...go easy on us brass. Trumpet rules! Pretty good for that small of trumpet, I'm sure the bumpy ride up and small cabin space was the culprit of the intonation issues. Thanks for sharing, that was a fun vid!

When I get l my license, maybe we can do a duet during freefall ;) !!!