1 1
billvon

Solar saving neighborhoods money

15 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It flows into MN all the time. A new line was just completed last year.

https://www.hydro.mb.ca/projects/mb_mn_transmission/

With a new 700mw partially native owned facility on the Nelson coming online this year. Canada exports just under $2 billion of electricity /year to US

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

..... Our national power grid was attacked by Canada. Simple as that.

They didn't forget XL so a little payback was warranted.

Edited by Phil1111

20 minutes ago, kallend said:

Define "drone".  My R/C models and a DJI quadcopter are considered the same thing by the FAA per FAR Part 107.

f-4ab.jpg

f18b.jpg

IMG-4615.jpg

I don't distinguish by FAA classifications. I think your RC's are outstanding and look like a lot of fun. I'm also guessing they don't hover annoyingly over backyards, boats and you keep them away from the local airports. DJI Drones or whatever the model in the hands of inconsiderate assholes can be a real drain. 

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I don't distinguish by FAA classifications. I think your RC's are outstanding and look like a lot of fun. I'm also guessing they don't hover annoyingly over backyards, boats and you keep them away from the local airports. DJI Drones or whatever the model in the hands of inconsiderate assholes can be a real drain. 

Hi Joe,

Re:  whatever the model in the hands of inconsiderate assholes can be a real drain

'Whatever' anything results in this.

Re:  DJI Drones

I quite like mine ( Mavic Air 1 ); and, have yet to fly it illegally.

Jerry Baumchen

59 minutes ago, kallend said:

Map of outages showing where planners failed.

outagemap-Artboard_1.jpg

Hi John,

You might excuse that area of Portland and south.  We have a lot of tree-huggers here.  To get approval to remove a tree on your own property, in this area, you usually have to replace it with one that will grow back as large as the one being taken out.  Even then, it is an uphill battle with the local authorities.

Also, a lot of people like those tall, full blooming, old Oak trees.  The problem is that they do serious damage to the electric infrastructure during ice storms.

I've removed all three of the large ( potentially damaging ) trees on my property.*  My son took one out of his property last year and will probably take the other one out next year.

Jerry Baumchen

* I hated to do it, as I really liked the look of them.  

ETA:  A beautiful, nearly 850-year-old white oak was brought down by winter weather in Gladstone

‘His name was Humboldt’: Beloved white oak toppled by storm | KOIN.com

Edited by JerryBaumchen

2 minutes ago, nomasoyo said:

The Washington Post and Yahoo are your beacons of truth??? 

If you use the Quote button people know whom you're replying to. The last post before yours quoted Yahoo News. Unless you don't care about any accuracy or attribution, which, well, speaks to the rest of what you say.

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Ya John, you just like to show off your WaPo subscription by posting stories us plebes can't read.

Edited by gowlerk

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Ya John, you just like to show off your WaPo subscription by posting stories us plebes can't read.

Hi Ken,

Re:  stories us plebes can't read

I was in the same boat; then RYODER * showed me what to disable to fix it.

He'll tell you how to fix it.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  *   Thanks again, Robert.

Edited by JerryBaumchen

4 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

Re:  whatever the model in the hands of inconsiderate assholes can be a real drain

'Whatever' anything results in this.

Re:  DJI Drones

I quite like mine ( Mavic Air 1 ); and, have yet to fly it illegally.

Jerry Baumchen

O.K, two highly intelligent guys cause no problems with their drones, I'll rethink my position :)

2 hours ago, kallend said:

Hi John,

And, this is what I call real leadership:  only the strong will survive and the weak will perish

Texas snow: Mayor quits after 'only strong will survive' post - BBC News

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

If you use the Quote button people know whom you're replying to. The last post before yours quoted Yahoo News. Unless you don't care about any accuracy or attribution, which, well, speaks to the rest of what you say.

Wendy P.

The (2) post before mine quoted both of what of what I mention. Sorry, I forgot that with Libs I have to spell it out! 

21 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi John,

And, this is what I call real leadership:  only the strong will survive and the weak will perish

Texas snow: Mayor quits after 'only strong will survive' post - BBC News

Jerry Baumchen

Apparently he believes god sent the tribulation to help TX society weed out the weak and unworthy.

Edited by gowlerk

20 minutes ago, nomasoyo said:

The (2) post before mine quoted both of what of what I mention. Sorry, I forgot that with Libs I have to spell it out! 

Well, that was true when you started. It wasn't true when you ended, because the post immediately before yours does.not.reference.either

You're not important enough for people to dig around to see what you meant.

Wendy P.

48 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Well, that was true when you started. It wasn't true when you ended, because the post immediately before yours does.not.reference.either

You're not important enough for people to dig around to see what you meant.

Wendy P.

He may be annoying enough to get some attention though. Just like that Limbaugh guy.