5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

59 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trump held in contempt by judge.  Fined $1000 for each of two violations.

Like that will make a difference. Would be like fining me $1.

It being a process crime, the next step could be jail time. 

10 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Before the judge wagging his finger? Jailing him would be lovely but I'm not holding my breath. Better would be a dose of public humiliation, maybe making him stay after court for an hour or two sitting in a corner. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

This judge isn't stupid. Everybody knows $1000 is a joke and a shot across the bow. The next step likely next week will be a $10,000 fine. Everyone knows that trump will also treat $10k as a joke. The reading of the riot act to trump will also likely have little effect.

So;

33 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

... the next step could be jail time. 

4 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

This judge isn't stupid. Everybody knows $1000 is a joke and a shot across the bow. The next step likely next week will be a $10,000 fine. Everyone knows that trump will also treat $10k as a joke. The reading of the riot act to trump will also likely have little effect.

So;

I think $1000 is the maximum per gaggle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Trump held in contempt by judge.  Fined $1000 for each of two violations.

Like that will make a difference. Would be like fining me $1.

It is the max fine under NY law. Only other option is imprisonment. I highly doubt that will ever be on the table. Two tier justice system and all.

(edited)
2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Hi Keith,

So it would seem:  And he warned Trump that additional violations could land him in jail.

Donald Trump held in contempt for violating gag order in New York trial - Live Updates - POLITICO

Jerry Baumchen

Edited by JerryBaumchen
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

It is the max fine under NY law. Only other option is imprisonment. I highly doubt that will ever be on the table. Two tier justice system and all.

I’ve changed my opinion on this. Until recently I could not see the US ever putting an ex president in jail. I still think that’s the case for a longer term. However, if he continues to flout the gag order in this case, I think he will spend a short period of time.

From a purely logistical point of view handling an overnight stay for Trump in a lockup is probably not much more effort than him staying at a hotel somewhere from the secret service perspective.

29 minutes ago, kallend said:

In my dyslexic speed-read I initially saw "Another Trump stooge for beheading."

I wish.

Well, if the Supreme Court declares complete, full, retroactive, beneficial, and fun Presidential Immunity there will be an ever so tiny bit of hope. Think positive.

• Like 1

I hope you are sitting down for this: The company hired to audit Trump Media may have some problems:

SEC charges Trump Media auditor with ‘massive fraud’ on hundreds of companies, imposes lifetime ban

The agency, calling BF Borgers a “sham audit mill,” said the company and its owner “deliberately systematically failed to conduct” audits and quarterly reviews incorporated in more than 1,500 SEC filings from January 2021 through June 2023 in accordance with Public Company Accounting Oversight Board standards.

• Like 1

(edited)
19 hours ago, ryoder said:

I hope you are sitting down for this: The company hired to audit Trump Media may have some problems:

SEC charges Trump Media auditor with ‘massive fraud’ on hundreds of companies, imposes lifetime ban

The agency, calling BF Borgers a “sham audit mill,” said the company and its owner “deliberately systematically failed to conduct” audits and quarterly reviews incorporated in more than 1,500 SEC filings from January 2021 through June 2023 in accordance with Public Company Accounting Oversight Board standards.

Birds of a feather.

Edited by kallend

13 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Why do you think Trumpty Dumpty used them?

Do you think the stock offering would have happened if an ACCURATE audit had taken place?

Ok, my mistake.

This firm didn't do the audits before the IPO.

They were retained after the stock offering.

And then were barred from doing business.

On 5/3/2024 at 1:09 PM, ryoder said:

Beauty, brilliant. I'd hate to see the orange fraud change his colors. Its a public service to separate trump supporters from their money.

19 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Ok, my mistake.

This firm didn't do the audits before the IPO.

They were retained after the stock offering.

And then were barred from doing business.

MarketWatch says:

"The SEC did not name the firms whose filings had been affected. The firm has provided auditing services to Trump Media & Technology Group DJT, which operates the Truth Social platform, since 2022."

I have not chased it further, so have no idea which might be correct (if either)

3 hours ago, headoverheels said:

...I have not chased it further, so have no idea which might be correct (if either)

Fair enough.

I saw a story that said that they weren't involved in the pre-stock-offering audit.

My (limited) understanding is that those are done by firms that don't have prior association.

I've also not chased it much deeper, so I could also be wrong (and welcome correction if so).

Saw something on the Trump court case today and it reminded me of the beginning of one of the Austin Powers movies:

Trump: Melania, look, I never even met her!
Prosecutor: One picture of Donald Trump and Stormy Daniels posing together!
Trump: But really honey I never had sex with her.
Prosecutor: One graphic description of Donald Trump's genitals!
Trump: Look, I never paid her off.
Prosecutor: One check from Trump's lawyer to Stormy Daniels!
Trump: Yeah but I didn't pay her, he did.
Prosecutor: One check signed by Trump to pay back his lawyer for the Stormy Daniels payment!
Trump: But I just signed it.  I sign a lot of checks.  I didn't know what it was for.
Prosecutor: One quote from Trump's book stating "I always sign the checks myself so I know where the money is going!"
Trump: But it was so little money, I didn't bother to check.
Prosecutor: Another quote from Trump's book stating "I'll even deposit a check for 50 cents because every cent is worth tracking!"