kallend

Dr. Fauci receives threats

Dr. Fauci has been assigned security on account of threats received.  When some in the base hear things like: 

Fauci is a “Deep-State ­Hillary Clinton-loving stooge.”  in American Thinker, it seems they lose it.

Telling the truth in the Trump Age is risky, when the expectation is uncritical adoration. 

9 hours ago, kallend said:

Dr. Fauci has been assigned security on account of threats received.  When some in the base hear things like: 

Fauci is a “Deep-State ­Hillary Clinton-loving stooge.”  in American Thinker, it seems they lose it.

Telling the truth in the Trump Age is risky, when the expectation is uncritical adoration. 

What was cute, pointing out how stupid some people are, is becoming more and more dangerous.

The right in the US has gone absolutely crazy.

Fauci better double the guard after the treasonous words he spoke today.  A reporter asked him why Trump wasn't mandating stay-at-home orders for all the states, so that all states (not just blue ones) could be working to stop this:

"I don't understand why that's not happening,.  The tension between federally-mandated versus states rights to do what they want is something I don't want to get into, but if you look at what's going on in this country I just don't understand why we're not doing that -- we really should be."

A lot of Trump supporters are going to want him dead after that.

5 minutes ago, billvon said:

A reporter asked him why Trump wasn't mandating stay-at-home orders for all the states, so that all states (not just blue ones) could be working to stop this:

I would note that up here in Canada although the national leadership seems to be more appropriate than yours, the provinces also make their own rules individually. As far as I know we don't have any right leaning governments who are not taking it seriously. We certainly do have Conservative Party lead provinces, but none of them are taking a lot of chances. As a matter of fact Ontario and Alberta with newly elected relatively right wing leaders are among the most aggressive in dealing with this.

(edited)
1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

I would note that up here in Canada although the national leadership seems to be more appropriate than yours, the provinces also make their own rules individually. As far as I know we don't have any right leaning governments who are not taking it seriously. We certainly do have Conservative Party lead provinces, but none of them are taking a lot of chances. As a matter of fact Ontario and Alberta with newly elected relatively right wing leaders are among the most aggressive in dealing with this.

Yup for the most part we have had science over politics. Can't say the same for the US.

Edited by SkyDekker

On 4/3/2020 at 4:56 PM, SkyDekker said:

Yup for the most part we have had science over politics. Can't say the same for the US.

You don't have the conservatives selling out to the highest bidder. At least not as bad.
When they sell their souls for campaign contributions, they have to do what they are told.
When the contributor wants their business to stay open and making money, they tell the politicians to not put in a 'stay at home' order. 
The fact that dead people don't buy stuff seems to have escaped them.

44 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

The fact that dead people don't buy stuff seems to have escaped them.

If they’re not dead yet they can still buy today. Tomorrow doesn’t matter as long as I got today dealt with

or something like that
Wendy P.