1 1
JoeWeber

American Nero

1 hour ago, jakee said:

That Trump supporters will believe anything. Apparently they’re right.

The story is that Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned. That he was the sole emperor to commit suicide.That " his populist style of rule remained very popular among the lower classes of Rome and the provinces until his death and beyond. Various plots against his life were revealed; the ringleaders, most of them Nero's own courtiers, were executed. ..He committed suicide on June 9, 68 AD, when he learned that he had been tried in absentia and condemned to death as a public enemy,"

Today's Nero, the president of the US has committed to $1 trillion in annual debt spending, while the US operates at 3.5% unemployment. Which most economists would say is full employment. While the US FED is conducting QE of $.7 Trillion per year. For a total of $1.7 trillion per year. Yet the state is beginning to smell smoke.

trump... nothing to fear here... Obama and the Dems are to blame...no worse than the flu. "Trump announces new campaign event after Democrats cancel rallies over public health concerns   Gathering the tribe to share some snot, and little pathogens.

While in Germany "Merkel: 70 percent of Germans could contract coronavirus"

36 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

trump... nothing to fear here... Obama and the Dems are to blame...no worse than the flu. "Trump announces new campaign event after Democrats cancel rallies over public health concerns   Gathering the tribe to share some snot, and little pathogens.

As Bill Maher calls them: "The Hillbilly Nuremberg Rallies"

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

Actually no.  The Real Estate part is right.  We have the travel agency strictly for the great travel deals we get.  My wife is an RN and is director of an ICFDD (Intermediate Care Facility Developmentally Disabled).

Entrepreneurial Commercial Real Estate as in with your own money and if you screw up your employees suffer hard? Are you a developer who has survived a few recessions and presidents? If that's the case then you definitely have seen a lot of how things work.

3 hours ago, DJL said:

This was a poor move on her part since no other country has seen this yet.  Considering the population of Germany she just said that between 1 and 2 million people are going to die in the course of this outbreak.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/up-to-150-million-americans-are-expected-to-contract-the-coronavirus-congressional-doctor-says.html

3 hours ago, DJL said:

This was a poor move on her part since no other country has seen this yet.  Considering the population of Germany she just said that between 1 and 2 million people are going to die in the course of this outbreak.

I've been told by people I have reason to believe that it would appear most likely that we will all have exposure to the virus at some level sooner or later. And that the best guess is that 40% of us will get sick to some degree. The true death rate is unknown, but if it is as high as it seems it may be the number of fatalities could be very high. But not high enough to ruin the nation. If we can delay its spread a vaccine or an effective anti-viral drug may be found in time to limit the damage.

Or, some of these estimates may be high. We just don't know yet.

(edited)
2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

This is what happens when you get the straight story from medical professionals and not from politicians. The CDC has received a directive from VP Pence that all Covid-19 statements must come from his office.A Canadian health official suggested 30-70% of the total population could become infected.

Self isolation, closing schools, factories, offices, etc. only works while isolation is in effect. A single virus carrier can easily spread the virus as soon as these measures are relaxed. 150 million infections would mean... while you can figure it out. Keep in mind older men are most vulnerable.

Wonder what trump will say about _____________ tonight.here is what he has to say about virus vaccines   You can skip to 1:40 dosages of vaccines are established by the patent in order to trigger an immune response.

Anti-Vaxxers Are Terrified the Government Will 'Enforce' a Vaccine for Coronavirus

Edited by Phil1111

(edited)
4 hours ago, airdvr said:

I shoot in the 70s...

...any colder and I don't want to play.

I hear that. I usually start the day in the 80's. By the third hole it's often 90 or more but that's just because I'm getting short on balls. 

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, airdvr said:

I guess I don't understand why you are so concerned about it.

It is called "one upsmanship." No matter what the topic, one individual has to be "one up" on the other participant. It is common in the paradigm of linear thinkers.

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

It is called "one upsmanship." No matter what the topic, one individual has to be "one up" on the other participant. It is common in the paradigm of linear thinkers.

Nope. airdvr cast another Obama aspersion ("Still think Obama is responsible for the economy?") and I simply wanted to sort out how much and how he actually participated in the economy. As conversations on SC are want to do it quickly spiraled down the toilet with evasive non-answers.

Now I suppose if you took both ends of a spiral and pulled tight you'd get a linear so maybe you are right, I don't know, people are saying.

And, by the by, non-linear thinking used to be called scatter brained. Isn't that interesting?

WWIWW2WW3