turtlespeed

Iowa

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Really?

Did they hire the same techs as they did for the ACA roll out?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/03/iowa-caucus-2020-election-110600

Why were the Republicans able to count their votes?

The guys who did the ACA site had done a project for my father (defense contractor) and they fired them halfway through it.  When the ACA debacle rolled out as a failure they were not surprised.  

Anyway, here to you, Iowa:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jakee said:

That people with experience in national campaign tech run a campaign tech firm? Yeah - who saw that coming?

It's the amount of Fail you are not acknowledging. 

I suppose it may be that this is this how it usually is with the Democrats endeavors. 

That would lessen the surprise and angst you have over the debacle. 

You know, normalized failure, and deviance?

3 hours ago, DJL said:

We have the Price is Right going on in the back ground right now.

. . .and I think I used that sound in reply to a post a long while back - not sure what the post was about.  Probably someone bashing religion or something like that, lol.

It appears the app used was not screened nor cleared by Homeland Security.

Given that we have now received approval from the US Government for foreign interference in our elections, it could take some time to figure this one out.

It could also be a sign of things to come.

I feel we should drop electronic voting systems entirely and go to paper ballots only, with very tight security and controls in place.

I would also advise everyone to verify their voter registration status and the ability to vote. Regularly, in the months leading up to elections.

Voter purges are happening without notice.

AmeriKKKa. What a country!

27 minutes ago, normiss said:

It appears the app used was not screened nor cleared by Homeland Security.

Given that we have now received approval from the US Government for foreign interference in our elections, it could take some time to figure this one out.

It could also be a sign of things to come.

I feel we should drop electronic voting systems entirely and go to paper ballots only, with very tight security and controls in place.

I would also advise everyone to verify their voter registration status and the ability to vote. Regularly, in the months leading up to elections.

Voter purges are happening without notice.

AmeriKKKa. What a country!

A cynical mind might wonder if the election results were not favorable to one, and so shut down until the loss could be lessened by degrees.

I have seen on more than three news sites that the one that benefitted the most from the delay was Biden.  He was polling 5th.

Bernie was leading at 25% - and someone discovered discrepancies.

A suspicious mind might wonder what those discrepancies were.

Another question that someone might pose, is, "Are the rumors that Buttigeig paid upwards of 50K into the companies that did the app development, in fact true?"

14 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

A cynical mind might wonder if the election results were not favorable to one, and so shut down until the loss could be lessened by degrees.

I have seen on more than three news sites that the one that benefitted the most from the delay was Biden.  He was polling 5th.

Bernie was leading at 25% - and someone discovered discrepancies.

A suspicious mind might wonder what those discrepancies were.

Another question that someone might pose, is, "Are the rumors that Buttigeig paid upwards of 50K into the companies that did the app development, in fact true?"

So.....you post a bunch of speculation with absolutely no references.  I also have a suspicious mind. I suspect the Iowa D organizers are incompetent. I believe that they are too incompetent to cheat, so I am ruling out cheating and conspiracy. Apparently the same software by the same people is going to be used in NV soon.

47 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

So.....you post a bunch of speculation with absolutely no references.  I also have a suspicious mind. I suspect the Iowa D organizers are incompetent. I believe that they are too incompetent to cheat, so I am ruling out cheating and conspiracy. Apparently the same software by the same people is going to be used in NV soon.

<SMH> Really? - no references? -

I suppose you don't get any news where you are?<Eye Roll> Lame argument.

Oh wait - 

Oh Emm Gee !!  My apologies!   Let me bring you up to date on the latest news.  I'm sure you have been so buys you haven't even had time to hear the words "Iowa Caucus".

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/live-blog/iowa-caucuses-live-updates-2020-democrats-make-their-final-pitches-n1128596/ncrd1129716

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/who-wins-in-delay-for-iowa-caucus-results-biden-bloomberg-trump-seen-as-the-victors-2020-02-04

https://www.today.com/video/iowa-caucus-confusion-may-benefit-joe-biden-chuck-todd-says-78073925780

(edited)

They are kneecapping Bernie, and trying to keep Joe viable until the SC primary.  As the saying goes "there are only three tickets out of Iowa"  and it looks like Joe was 4th.  And to think, they accuse Trump of trying to steal an election. 

Edited by brenthutch

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

They are kneecapping Bernie, and trying to keep Joe viable until the SC primary.  And to think, they accuse Trump of trying to steal an election. 

In the very first publication I saw - Biden was hurting pretty bad - 

After I saw that - it was degraded to 0s and dashes.

image.png.3683a4e9f804e3f7efe7c2bf1ddf9ef6.png

17 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

They are kneecapping Bernie, and trying to keep Joe viable until the SC primary.  And to think, they accuse Trump of trying to steal an election. 

Its not stealing an election.

Its stealing the ability to try to be elected.

The DNC - HATES - Bernie . . . almost as much as they do Trump.

Warren isn't one of the cool kids either.

10 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Its not stealing an election.

Its stealing the ability to try to be elected.

The DNC - HATES - Bernie . . . almost as much as they do Trump.

Warren isn't one of the cool kids either.

This whole thing concerning it being about Bernie is hogwash.

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

People are concerned. Because last time around Hillary stole the nomination from Bernie by getting more votes and winning more states.

Haha, that whole "electability" thing bites you in the ass every time but I guess Hillary learned that too.

I guess I was wrong.

Just 42K for BG -

WAPO - 

2:56 p.m.

Shadow Inc., which built the Iowa caucus app, received money from Buttigieg and Biden campaigns

Shadow Inc. received roughly $154,000 from federal campaigns and groups in 2019, Federal Election Commission records show. The company billed campaigns, state parties and political groups for a range of digital services, including software rights and subscriptions, fundraising consulting and text messaging.

Among its biggest clients was For Our Future, an independent operation supporting Democrats, which paid the company more than $10,600 for “digital communications.” Democratic campaigns also hired the firm to help with fundraising and digital communications, including the campaigns of Buttigieg, Biden and Sen. Kristen Gillibrand, who dropped out of the race last year.

Biden’s campaign paid the firm $1,225 for text messaging, Buttigieg’s campaign paid $42,500 for software service and Gillibrand’s campaign paid $37,400 for software, text and fundraising services. Shadow Inc. also provided services for state parties in Iowa, Texas and Nevada.

•