sfzombie13

what to do when you get fed up with it...

i called my senator, shelly capito, and told her that her constituents wanted to hear the evidence and was assured that she wanted to hear the truth, but she voted no for witnesses.  i became galvanized at that point, and when i got home, i registered the domain CapitoHasGottaGo.com, hosted a page, and registered a pac so that i can help put her out.  i have been in contact with her opponent, richard ojeda, so that i can see if we are on the same page as far as issues.  i have listened to his interviews and read his views so a confident that we agree, having both been combat engineers and airborne soldiers, although he was a major and i a staff sergeant.  fitting if you ask me.  as soon as i get the ban account opened on monday, i will get a paypal button up for tax deductible donations if one were so inclined.

Edited by sfzombie13
left a word out
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

i called my senator, shelly capito, and told her that her constituents wanted to hear the evidence and was assured that she wanted to hear the truth, but she voted no for witnesses.  i became galvanized at that point, and when i got home, i registered the domain CapitoHasGottaGo.com, hosted a page, and registered a pac so that i can help put her out.  i have been in contact with her opponent, richard ojeda, so that i can see if we are on the same page as far as issues.  i have listened to his interviews and read his views so a confident that we agree, having both been combat engineers and airborne soldiers, although he was a major and i a staff sergeant.  fitting if you ask me.  as soon as i get the ban account opened on monday, i will get a paypal button up for tax deductible donations if one were so inclined.

Count me in, brother. 

5 hours ago, headoverheels said:

I would not expect this type of contribution to be tax deductible.   Are you sure about that?

According to the IRS: “You can’t deduct contributions made to a political candidate, a campaign committee, or a newsletter fund. Advertisements in convention bulletins and admissions to dinners or programs that benefit a political party or political candidate aren’t deductible.” This includes Political Action Committees (PACs), as well. 

19 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

According to the IRS: “You can’t deduct contributions made to a political candidate, a campaign committee, or a newsletter fund. Advertisements in convention bulletins and admissions to dinners or programs that benefit a political party or political candidate aren’t deductible.” This includes Political Action Committees (PACs), as well. 

This might help - I wish the best to all that take a stand!

https://info.cq.com/resources/building-a-pac-for-associations-and-nonprofits/

(edited)
40 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I don't see any point or counterpoint to what I posted regarding tax deductions for PACs

i registered as a 527, one of the dark money pacs that doesn't require a lot of the restrictions that are put on others and has unlimited ability to donate, as long as it isn't coordinated with the candidate.  that is what i was told anyway, i may need to fix it.  finding a bank that takes the money is proving harder than i would have thought.

it seems i was mistaken on the tax deductibility for others, but the 527 makes almost all of the expenditures tax deductible.  thanx for pointing this out before i sounded too much like an idiot. 

Edited by sfzombie13

6 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

i registered as a 527, one of the dark money pacs that doesn't require a lot of the restrictions that are put on others and has unlimited ability to donate, as long as it isn't coordinated with the candidate.  that is what i was told anyway, i may need to fix it.  finding a bank that takes the money is proving harder than i would have thought.

Something to consider: in the spirit of open government, do you want to make this a dark money PAC? Or would you be better off trumpeting it loud and clear? 

More and more in the US we seem to be wanting to hide our alliances. Not sure that’s for the best. 

Mother than that, good on you for taking action!!!

Wendy P. 

that was considered, but as a pac, i am not beholden to any candidate.  i prefer to not have as many rules to follow, but will act with ethical behavior in all cases, as i am a hacker and run an i t security company, so i cannot afford not to.  i have to look into it though, you have valid points and i have considered talking to folks who know about these things.  i just got so fed up after the vote that i did all this in an hour and should have researched a little more.  if you'd like to participate, go to reddit.com/r/togawv and join the group.  when i get time, i will update the website togawv.org and CapitoHasGottaGo.com for action as well.  i had to do something after hearing all the crap. 

the main thing that i am going to focus on is organizing a grass roots facebook campaign to counter all the lies donny boy puts up there, as well as engaging all our veterans and ensuring that they all know just how bad donny and the boys are for us based on the things he has said and done.  he basically does all the work for us, we just need to engage with folks and make sure they know the truth behind what he says is usually the opposite of it.  i think we have a good chance with the treasonous activities by our senate as long as we don't let anyone forget. 

49 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Something to consider: in the spirit of open government, do you want to make this a dark money PAC? Or would you be better off trumpeting it loud and clear? 

More and more in the US we seem to be wanting to hide our alliances. Not sure that’s for the best. 

Mother than that, good on you for taking action!!!

Wendy P. 

I see what you did there.¬¬

i will tell all of you one thing:  i thought the hard part would be setting all this up, not getting a bank to take my money.  nobody wants to take it because it isn't registered with the state.  if i do that, i am subject to all sorts of rules i don't need hampered by.  i found one, but damn, it took three days driving to every bank and credit union in the area.

14 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

i will tell all of you one thing:  i thought the hard part would be setting all this up, not getting a bank to take my money.  nobody wants to take it because it isn't registered with the state.  if i do that, i am subject to all sorts of rules i don't need hampered by.  i found one, but damn, it took three days driving to every bank and credit union in the area.

There is a new bank that is seeing some interest you may want to look into.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/business/jeffrey-epstein-estate-bank.html

(edited)

we just got a bank, city national.  there were several we could have used that didn't have branches in wv.  i drop in and sign the paperwork in the morning, then create the paypal button for the website and start fundraising for real.  i plan on having at least 5000 business cards printed up for the rsa conference in san fransisco this month.  since we are a 527, we are allowed unlimited contributions, but they are reported and not anonymous.  i can't wait, am excited to get into the game and actually have a chance to win!!!

listen, this is what i feel like right now.

Edited by sfzombie13

5 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

we just got a bank, city national.  there were several we could have used that didn't have branches in wv.  i drop in and sign the paperwork in the morning, then create the paypal button for the website and start fundraising for real.  i plan on having at least 5000 business cards printed up for the rsa conference in san fransisco this month.  since we are a 527, we are allowed unlimited contributions, but they are reported and not anonymous.  i can't wait, am excited to get into the game and actually have a chance to win!!!

listen, this is what i feel like right now.

Good for you Zombie.

More people should get more involved.

On 2/2/2020 at 12:38 PM, sfzombie13 said:

i called my senator, shelly capito, and told her that her constituents wanted to hear the evidence and was assured that she wanted to hear the truth, but she voted no for witnesses.

I emailed my senator, Marco Rubio, and told him the same thing.  The only personal response I got was from his auto-generated form letter thanking me for writing. :/

And we all know how he justified his vote.  >:( Coward.

if you want to help, i am mainly organizing and starting an information campaign to counter the propaganda that is flying around and i have hired a guy that used to do propaganda for iraq, so he knows his shit.  he also says it's the easiest job he's had, as i am asking him to spread the truth.  he doesn't have to make it up, just make it sound better.  i haven't got the slack channel up yet so i am asking for volunteers to go to reddit for now to sign up.  someone showed me a picture that togawv didn't show up on a reddit search, so they may be trying to silence me already.  when everything gets set into place, i will post a thread with all the information in one place for those who want to help.

4 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

if you want to help, i am mainly organizing and starting an information campaign to counter the propaganda that is flying around and i have hired a guy that used to do propaganda for iraq, so he knows his shit.  he also says it's the easiest job he's had, as i am asking him to spread the truth.  he doesn't have to make it up, just make it sound better.  i haven't got the slack channel up yet so i am asking for volunteers to go to reddit for now to sign up.  someone showed me a picture that togawv didn't show up on a reddit search, so they may be trying to silence me already.  when everything gets set into place, i will post a thread with all the information in one place for those who want to help.

By "Help" what do you mean?

I can do a few assigned tasks if I agree with them.