1 1
JerryBaumchen

Anybody but Trump

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Isn't that the same kind of thing that the left railed against with Hillary?

"Anyone But Hillary"

That's exactly what was touted to be so unfair and reckless a statement!

I'm glad you can admit the shoe fits on the other foot.

Well done - You are just like a Trumpster now.  How's it feel?

On 6/18/2019 at 4:36 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi t,

Your saying it does not make it true.  As is the case with so many of your 'statements.'

Jerry Baumchen

Wendy understood it.

Its pretty asinine and hypocritical to condemn others for believing in voting for Anyone - but Trump.

10 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Wendy understood it.

Its pretty asinine and hypocritical to condemn others for believing in voting for Anyone - but Trump.

but now the sky REALLY is falling 

not like when it was anyone but Hillary that was a false alarm

12 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Wendy understood it.

It is pretty asinine and hypocritical to claim you really believe in people following the law and then vote for Trump.

I don't think anyone literally has a "Anyone but Trump" mantra, it's just a fun thing to say.  Considering it was an "Anyone but Hillary" mantra that got us Trump in the first place, the failures of that mindset are very apparent.

2 hours ago, DJL said:

I don't think anyone literally has a "Anyone but Trump" mantra, it's just a fun thing to say.  Considering it was an "Anyone but Hillary" mantra that got us Trump in the first place, the failures of that mindset are very apparent.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/18/orlando-sentinel-2020-endorsement-donald-trump-1367031

the first sentence in this article 

9 hours ago, DJL said:

Just because they may be apparent to you and I, doesn't mean that they are apparent to most people.

I guarantee that there there will be millions of Trump haters out there saying ANYONE BUT TRUMP - 

You will see it on bumper stickers. You will see it on political posters.  You will hear it on NPR.

I really think you are truly naive, if you actually believe that people won't truly believe the mantra, and make it their own.

On 6/24/2019 at 2:40 PM, Rick said:

"We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy." 

well almost all    

I know what they are getting at but that just struck me as funny

The only way that works is if you are intolerant of different views.

I wonder if they would make the same condemnation about a satanic cult, vs Catholicism.

26 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

The only way that works is if you are intolerant of different views.

I wonder if they would make the same condemnation about a satanic cult, vs Catholicism.

well that's not very inclusive of all then is it

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

well that's not very inclusive of all then is it

Absolutely - 

Inclusive of "all that they approve of."

by . . . you know - the party of tolerance.

"Inclusion and protection for ALL . . . except those guys - we don't like them . . . anymore . . . I mean - they used to be ok . . . but not anymore - they must be excluded now." They have lost their right to be part of all.

Edited by turtlespeed
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Absolutely - 

"Inclusion and protection for ALL . . . except those guys - we don't like them . . . anymore . . . I mean - they used to be ok . . . but not anymore - they must be excluded now." They have lost their right to be part of all.

Oh, the old "hurr durr, people who claim to be tolerant ain't tolerant to Nazis, so they ain't tolerant!' line.    

You should read up on Karl Popper's "Paradox of Tolerance".  It's actually not that complicated - they even made it in cartoon form.

19 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Absolutely - 

I know!  If you're not tolerant of Nazis, white supremacists and rapists - indeed, of any intolerance at all - you're not tolerant, period!  I am sure you're not so closed minded.

25 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Absolutely - 

That is such an incredibly stupid argument.

It has already been explained to you in cartoon format. If that doesn't help, nothing I am going to type on the subject will help.

On 6/21/2019 at 8:17 PM, turtlespeed said:

I really think you are truly naive, if you actually believe that people won't truly believe the mantra, and make it their own.

Ok, there are people out there who would vote for a celery stalk before Trump.  I apologize for so naively and imperfectly encapsulating the spectrum of human choices.

10 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

That is such an incredibly stupid argument.

It has already been explained to you in cartoon format. If that doesn't help, nothing I am going to type on the subject will help.

Uh huh - 

How is it stupid.  Oh - and I don't watch cartoons - I'll leave all that nonsense to you and yours.

Where is your limit?  Where do you draw the line?  If you are intolerant of neo nizis, are you hypocritical if you ARE tolerant of a man hating feminist?  If so - what is the logic you use to justify your hypocrisy?

Would you be intolerant of a Satanic cult member?

Where is your limit to tolerance?  Where is the line - and why is there a line?

11 hours ago, DJL said:

Ok, there are people out there who would vote for a celery stalk before Trump.  I apologize for so naively and imperfectly encapsulating the spectrum of human choices.

A celery stalk wouldn't be capable of as much damage as Trump.