2 2
kallend

No-one knows <insert topic here> better than Trump

2 minutes ago, DJL said:

It's....alternate hyperbole.

38 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

No. He's just not that bright.

Well, I don't know if he actually believes it himself or not.

But I'm pretty sure he expects other people to believe it.

He's a con artist. Pure and simple. As are the rest of his minions. 

He got banks to believe he'd pay them back.
He got 'students' to believe he'd teach them.
He got investors to believe he'd make money... For them.

In every case, he took the money and screwed over the people who he got it from. And a lot more in the process (employees, vendors, customers, ect)

It's abundantly clear that some people are dumb and gullible enough to believe the crap he spouts (as hard as that is to believe). 
Apparently, he's also conned people who aren't quite gullible enough to believe the garbage he spouts to try to convince other people that 'he didn't really mean it.'

Great.

4 years ago the GOP moaned that Obama wasn't Presidential enough. Now they celebrate Trump acting like a maladjusted teenager on 4Chan. Everytime you think the right couldn't get any more pathetic, they keep finding a wayo.O

50 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

This was epic trolling by Trump though.

Funny!

Obama supporters were impressed by his achievements in public healthcare, international diplomacy and economic recovery.

Trump supporters are impressed by his ability to troll.

• Like 1

I don’t have a lot of time right now, but I thought I’d drop this in here as food for thought.

This thread has caused me to do a little research and there are certainly a number of studies that seem to suggest a link between disrupted circadian cycles and onset of cancer. Most of them have been done in relation to shift workers and conclude that it’s possible but needs follow up studies. 

Wind turbines are pretty loud and I could imagine them waking people up frequently.

While disingenuous, Trumps statement might not be ENTIRELY rediculous. At least not as stupid as it sounds.

I need to look into it some more.

21 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Is it all hyperbole? Is everything he says "in jest"?

I was addressing Kallends first post only regarding Wind turbines causing cancer. I've also said, "I wish he'd get his thumbs off the Twitter keyboard and use his Communications Director to communicate policy." Most of the time I dismiss what he says and focus on what he does or does not accomplish. 

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

So you are making excuses for THIS load of garbage that Trump spouted, but simply ignoring all the other times he's done the exact same thing.

It's a dance they do.

Trump says something stupid.  "Well, look, I believe what people DO, not what they SAY."

Trump does something stupid.  "Why not give him a chance?  He has the right idea."

His stupid idea leads to disaster.  "Look, the important part is he's trying.  He's bringing new ideas to Washington.  What he SAYS he is going to do next is what's important."

And repeat ad infinitum.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BIGUN said:

I was addressing Kallends first post only regarding Wind turbines causing cancer. I've also said, "I wish he'd get his thumbs off the Twitter keyboard and use his Communications Director to communicate policy." Most of the time I dismiss what he says and focus on what he does or does not accomplish. 

Look, when the leader of a nation simply makes things up to support a policy direction he is taking, it matters.

22 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

So you are making excuses for THIS load of garbage that Trump spouted, but simply ignoring all the other times he's done the exact same thing.

You should actually read what I wrote.

9 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

You should actually read what I wrote.

I did. You are making excuses for the idiocy he spouted. Saying that 'he was just kidding' when he claimed that "The noise from wind turbines causes cancer."

The rest of the time you "dismiss what he says". IOW - Ignore it. 

And you still haven't answered the question:

Are all the other stupid and ignorant claims Trump has made hyperbole?

Is he joking or does he expect the idiots who support him to believe it?

4 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I did. You are making excuses for the idiocy he spouted. Saying that 'he was just kidding' when he claimed that "The noise from wind turbines causes cancer."

No. No, you didn't. I said, "This time it was hyperbole . . . as in "Like Coffee." "This time."

The rest of the time you "dismiss what he says". IOW - Ignore it. 

I don't ignore what he says.  I just refuse to listen to the media interpretation of what he said and focus on what he accomplishes. 

And you still haven't answered the question:

Are all the other stupid and ignorant claims Trump has made hyperbole?

Is he joking or does he expect the idiots who support him to believe it?

It's 50/50 (for both questions) 

On 4/5/2019 at 2:26 PM, Stumpy said:

No. He's just not that bright.

I think you meant to say Polished . . .

In my opinion, he is not the politician you are wanting to see.

OR - maybe he is - but hes on the wrong side of the fence for your taste and you may have serious bias issues.

Either way, the simplest truth is that if Trump was on the democratic ticket - There would be so many apologists in the media covering his ass that this would be mute.

I think its comical that he is the President and the reason it is so comical is that the majority of Liberals simply cannot bring themselves to admit that they did this to themselves.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

That's an easy one - Three words . . . 

Saturday Night Live.

I'm not sure how SNL relates to Franken being forced by pressure from within the D party to resign.

8 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Either way, the simplest truth is that if Trump was on the democratic ticket - There would be so many apologists in the media covering his ass that this would be mute.

I'm am pretty sure this is just plain wrong. Trump had tons of opposition from within the R party, as he bitterly complained about. He could never have lasted as D nominee after pussy grabbing gate. The D party is full of navel gazers. It's what they do ya know.

9 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

So you think the guy who started his campaign hurling Islamophobic and racist rants and dog whistles was going to make the Democratic ticket?

12 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I think its comical that he is the President and the reason it is so comical is that the majority of Liberals simply cannot bring themselves to admit that they did this to themselves

I think you have summed up the current state of American society quite well.

Entertainment over substance, always.

5 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I think you have summed up the current state of American society quite well.

Entertainment over substance, always.

Yes, what America, and the west in general needs is a good existential threat. It would invigorate everyone and put an end to the fighting over small things that we all pretend are important. Focus the mind and all. Maybe China can provide it? Islamists tried, but the ones that are extreme enough are not really that strong. Most Muslims are pretty much like us. Just trying to get along in a changing world.