kallend

G.H.W. Bush

kallend

"Prudence is the disciplined use of wise and careful foresight" - after Aristotle.

He and McCain were the last Republican leaders I had any respect for.

During the campaign against Clinton, I saw a sticker on a lamp post in Philadelphia that read "Bush is a weenie." That's probably the worst thing I'd heard anyone say about him.

I am impressed that 41 was the embodiment of class and integrity. 45, unfortunately, is remarkable for a dearth of either.

George H. W. Bush was a mensch.

I'm cringing as I wait to read the tweet and inspiring words of condolences for the nation and the Bush family that I know are coming soon.

Maybe I'll be surprised.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I'm cringing as I wait to read the tweet and inspiring words of condolences for the nation and the Bush family that I know are coming soon.

Maybe I'll be surprised.

I have complete confidence that he will not let this opportunity to be an embarrassment, slip away without making the most of it.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

"While our hearts are heavy today, they are also filled with gratitude. Not merely for the years he spent as our forty-first President, but for the more than 70 years he spent in devoted service to the country he loved – from a decorated Naval aviator who nearly gave his life in World War II, to Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces, with plenty of posts along the way. Ambassador to the United Nations. Director of Central Intelligence. U.S. Envoy to China. Vice President of the United States. George H.W. Bush’s life is a testament to the notion that public service is a noble, joyous calling. And he did tremendous good along the journey . . .

After seventy-three years of marriage, George and Barbara Bush are together again now, two points of light that never dimmed, two points of light that ignited countless others with their example – the example of a man who, even after commanding the world’s mightiest military, once said 'I got more of a kick out of being one of the founders of the YMCA in Midland, Texas back in 1952 than almost anything I’ve done.'

What a testament to the qualities that make this country great. Service to others. Commitment to leaving behind something better. Sacrifice in the name of lifting this country closer to its founding ideals. Our thoughts are with the entire Bush family tonight – and all who were inspired by George and Barbara’s example."

Needless to say that did not come from the Cheeto.

ryoder

He is going to attend the funeral?
Hasn't the Bush family suffered enough already?[:/]

Well, if it was made clear that he was not invited, like the McCain funeral maybe not. But since he is a former POTUS I'm pretty sure the Bush family has more class and respect for the office than that.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Just one of the thinks Clinton said today:

“Even more important, though he could be tough in a political fight, he was in it for the right reasons: people always came before politics, patriotism before partisanship,” Clinton wrote. “To the end, we knew we would never agree on everything, and we agreed that was okay. Honest debate strengthens democracy.”

The real meaning of America first.

I voted for GHWB and believed it was the right choice both times. Following Operation Desert Storm GEN Norman Schwarzkopf spoke highly of his CIC and I felt justified.

Now in later years finding out new information regarding the assassination of JFK and the manipulations of the CIA I have serious prejudicial doubts.

However, my prayers extend out to GWB, Jeb and the rest of the Bush family. My contact with those two was positive and enlightening.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Now in later years finding out new information regarding the assassination of JFK and the manipulations of the CIA I have serious prejudicial doubts.

This is the first I've heard of Bush family involvement in the assassination of another president.

Please enlighten us all.

Oh! and his subversion's of the law and protocols of the CIA during his term as leader.

billvon

Did you hear about this from Qanon?

No, and my source is reliable but classified.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

billvon

Did you hear about this from Qanon?

Or saw it on an old X-Files rerun.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.