PhreeZone

Birthright citizenship

airdvr

***>Funny though...to gain citizenship in Norway you must learn their language. We should
>do that here!

And what will the penalty be if you refuse to learn Navajo?

So it's easier to become a citizen here than in Norway.

That is true. Norway is not among the 30 or so nations that grant birthright citizenship.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

airdvr

***>Funny though...to gain citizenship in Norway you must learn their language. We should
>do that here!

Oh come on. Do you want to have a serious discussion or do you want to keep pretending to be an idiot?

I know you're too smart to think that competency in language is the only requirement for citizenship in either country. So please, act like it:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

******>Funny though...to gain citizenship in Norway you must learn their language. We should
>do that here!

Oh come on. Do you want to have a serious discussion or do you want to keep pretending to be an idiot?

I know you're too smart to think that competency in language is the only requirement for citizenship in either country. So please, act like it:|

My point is 'if it's so great there why isn't everyone going there'. Fairly certain you need to be bringing a lot to the table for Norway to take you in.

The overall position is we need immigration reform. Far too difficult to become a citizen here however, until you secure the southern border reform is useless. Every time we grant amnesty to 100 we create 1,000 who want the same thing.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

*********>Funny though...to gain citizenship in Norway you must learn their language. We should
>do that here!

My point is 'if it's so great there why isn't everyone going there'. Fairly certain you need to be bringing a lot to the table for Norway to take you in.

The overall position is we need immigration reform. Far too difficult to become a citizen here however, until you secure the southern border reform is useless. Every time we grant amnesty to 100 we create 1,000 who want the same thing.

Because it's goddamn cold there is my guess.

JoeWeber

************>Funny though...to gain citizenship in Norway you must learn their language. We should
>do that here!

Because it's goddamn cold there is my guess.

'Cuz all the weirdos jumping off the cliffs? :P

Seriously, I would think it's available opportunities.

Look at the US. While many (most?) of the factory jobs that were the mainstay of the middle class have gone or are going away, there's still huge opportunities for anyone willing to bust their ass for low(ish) wages.

Construction, meatpacking (slaughterhouses), food service (both 'fast' and traditional), warehousing, domestic services (inside like cleaners and outside like landscape/lawn care).

There's even opportunity for those ambitious individuals who want to start their own business.

I don't think any more than a small fraction of the opportunity available here is available in Norway.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

airdvr

So it's easier to become a citizen here than in Norway...

...Far too difficult to become a citizen here

Here's a tip: if you want anyone to be able to figure out what your 'overall point' is, choose your words more carefully.

At least carefully enough not to completely contradict yourself in the space of two posts. People might think you were more concerned with playing a game of 'gotcha' than stating a serious opinion.

jakee

***So it's easier to become a citizen here than in Norway...

...Far too difficult to become a citizen here

Here's a tip: if you want anyone to be able to figure out what your 'overall point' is, choose your words more carefully.

At least carefully enough not to completely contradict yourself in the space of two posts. People might think you were more concerned with playing a game of 'gotcha' than stating a serious opinion.

We need a sarcasm font.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

We need a sarcasm font.

Or you just need to get better at it.

Funny though, since you brought up the language requirement in the first place and then made that response to it... seems like a really clumsy set up for a bad one liner if you didn't really mean any of it:|

gowlerk

Funny though...to gain citizenship in Norway you must learn their language. Unimpressed We should do that here!

Despite the frequent calls from many, often right wing zenophobes, there is no official language in the USA.

***The United States technically has no official language. Although English is the most commonly spoken language, there is actually no official language in the United States at the federal level.

Except that English is the official language of the government (not of the country). Meaning, the government operates in English at a minimum.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!