skinnay

Gun Violence: Whites vs. Islamic Terror

RonD1120

******You cannot understand why I believe the way I do but I understand completely why you believe the way you do.

That was delightfully condescending. Very Christian of you.

Don't be so sure I cannot understand why you believe the way you do. A good starting point might be to recognize that revealed truth may simply be an effect.

Since day one man has strived to see order in the apparent chaos of our lives. We also strive to see ourselves (or Jesus in a cheese sandwich) in the world around us. It's easy to see how the ancients, ignorant of evolution, the universe etc.., would conclude that the world had to have been designed for our use. Less easy to see is how moderns with the benefit of science, the only revealed truth, and access to knowledge at a keystroke prefer to remain comfited by old stories that have no basis in truth.

You moved to the hinterlands to be surrounded by folks with like beliefs. You live your day's validated by those around you as was your desire. If that's what floats your boat, good on you.

Me, I'd rather hang with people who called me out to defend my positions and took no shit along the way.

I have been posting in SC for many years now. When new folks, such as yourself, show up I find myself going through the same explanations repeatedly. That is good thing. For it challenges me to think in new terms.

Once again I will attempt to explain my Christian understanding. I know that I probably not succeed in adequately doing so because Christian spiritual reasoning does not overlap well with secular human logic.

Allow me to address the incorrect allegation that I am a mysoginist. That means that you believe that I hate women based on my belief that abortion is wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth. I love and respect the females of our mortal incarnations. I hate the sin of women killing their children for the enjoyment of sex. That is a spiritual Christian concept. However, if a women suffers from depression and guilt as a result of commiting this sin, I am there to help her obtain forgiveness through Christ, not condemn her for making bad decisions.

In other words, I hate the sin but will always love the sinner. The Bible explains we are all sinners. That includes me, you and everyone alive. Christians are sinners. Our saving grace is that we can confess our sin before Christ and receive forgiveness. The slate is wiped clean. We attain peace of mind in Christ. That option is always available.

No, I am not a mysoginist and the same explanation will suffice for your other allegations albeit they fit your logical reasoning.

The last sentence of your post indicates to me that you seek to play the game of one upmanship. A game of wits pitting ego against ego. I am not a worthy opponent in the arena. I do not have much ego left. Praise be unto God through Jesus the Christ.

"I hate the sin of women killing their children for the enjoyment of sex." What about rape, incest or medical problems? I know, a soul is a soul is a soul. Is it that you don't hate women, you just hate their biology? Same with gays? Of course not, it's just that something in your holy book requires that you do so.

You state that you hate the sin not the sinner. I'm there with you. I don't hate the hater, I hate the hate they read in their book.

If, as you state in your following post, you want to get back on topic we were discussing your fear that progressive liberals have power and control over your life. That was a truth claim.

Quoting scripture or Christian understanding, no matter how many times you quote it, is not a truth answer. Out here, where we talk different, real examples are truth answers.

>That means that you believe that I hate women based on my belief that abortion is wrong.

It doesn't really matter what you believe.

If your position is "I think abortion is wrong" or "I hate that sin" or whatever, but you do not support taking women's rights away, then I am fine with that. (I have a similar belief.)

However, the minute you start trying to take away the rights of women (or gays, or blacks) then I have a problem with it. I support your believing, well, anything you want to. As long as those beliefs are your own, and you don't try to impose them on others with laws banning abortion, or Muslims, or minority rights, then no problem.

I'm going to stick up a little for Ron here. Yes I am. This is what he said up thread:

I haven't been directly involved in the anti-abortion movement since the mid-80s. I can only support political candidates that oppose abortion. I don't think it will be abolished. Instead I and my community are simply preparing for God's wrath because of the practice,

And he has also stated that he much regrets giving permission for his ex-wife to get an abortion. Most of us agree that the idea that she would need his permission is abhorrent. However, it must have the law at the time. As wrong as that law was, Ron did not write that law and it is not reasonable to assume he is a misogynist for feeling guilty over his role in the matter.

I tend to look for the best in people until they show otherwise. Ron has said things that make me believe he is somewhat more racist than most of us. He has spread lies about politicians he does not like. With glee. And he has demonstrated the basic hypocrisy of his brand of Christianity over and over again. But I have never detected a hatred of or a blaming of women in his posts.

Unlike some sockpuppets we occasionally have here.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>As wrong as that law was, Ron did not write that law and it is not reasonable to assume he is
>a misogynist for feeling guilty over his role in the matter.

I agree. And as I mentioned above, if he does not support laws that restrict women's rights, then he's not supporting misogyny in politics, which is a good thing.

But I have never detected a hatred of or a blaming of women in his posts.

Unless their name is Hillary Clinton...and we'll give him a pass on that one.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

He has been no harder on her than he was on BHO. True equality of shameful hatred.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

>As wrong as that law was, Ron did not write that law and it is not reasonable to assume he is
>a misogynist for feeling guilty over his role in the matter.

I agree. And as I mentioned above, if he does not support laws that restrict women's rights, then he's not supporting misogyny in politics, which is a good thing.

I concede my definition of misogyny was overly broad. Still, it is hard to see love and not hate in people who wish to manipulate the lives of others for their own purposes.

Ron also said: "I can only support political candidates that oppose abortion."

Maybe he didn't write the laws but he supports those who wish to make them even stronger. Done in the name of religion I guess we call it love.

This, to me, was downright weird: "I hate the sin of women killing their children for the enjoyment of sex." That sounds like being short one trip to the fabric store before your wife starts wearing her new burqa.

gowlerk

He has been no harder on her than he was on BHO. True equality of shameful hatred well earned contempt.

FIFY

normiss

I'll also never understand the silly hatred for Mrs. Clinton.

Rupert Murdoch spent many years and paid talking heads lots of money to make that happen. She was attacked relentlessly because it was perceived that she could one day win.