normiss

Another scumbag man of god

A thread is needed to keep track of the hypocrisy of Christians. For those that spread the word of god, proclaim to follow his example. Together with the examples as to why:

We're at the end of white Christian America. What will that mean?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/20/end-of-white-christian-america

Breaking Faith
The culture war over religious morality has faded; in its place is something much worse.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/04/breaking-faith/517785/

Together with those that profit from old white Christians, trump,
Exposing America’s Biggest Hypocrites: Evangelical Christians
It’s okay to prey as long as you pray.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/exposing-americas-biggest-hypocrites-evangelical_us_5a184f0ee4b068a3ca6df7ad

Ahhh, Christianity in America. Or should I say, the single greatest cause of atheism today. You know who I’m talking about, right? The type of people who acknowledge Jesus with their words, and deny him through their lifestyle. The ones who preach the importance of traditional family values, all while holding a rally and offering standing ovations for a man who preyed on 14-year-old girls. The ones who look to excuse the despicable allegations directed at Roy Moore by literally quoting the bible, comparing his molestation to Joseph and Mary. I give you the most hypocritical religious group in America, Evangelical Christians.

Abuse of power and position, absolutely. Statuatory rapist is borderline; if they were a college freshman and senior, no one would object. If they had dated and ended up getting married after she aged out of his group, it would have been OK.

Why does it matter? Because there's plenty of tar with the abuse of power and position, and the hypocrisy. And to me, they're a worse abuse than a 5-year age difference. Because I don't want some group leader to say it was OK in the same situation because the student was 18, not 17.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Phil1111

Breaking Faith
The culture war over religious morality has faded; in its place is something much worse.

I read and understand the above article.

Generally, I lean toward agreement with your position in this post. As a Pentecostal Christian I am frequently appalled by the published behavior of Evangelical Christians the same as you and others.

We, Pentecostals, are more concerned with relationships both with Christ through the Holy Spirit and each other. We function in small community groups. We are neighborhood worship centers.

The main Protestant Evangelical Christian denominations tend to look down upon us. We accept that and are amused by it.

So, feel free to attack the religious groups. We don't belong to their ideology except for one main point. That is, we all accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. We all accept the Holy Trinity.

We all will be ushered in to Heaven in the end and we will not even be concerned with this stuff of life.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Breaking Faith

I read and understand the above article.

Generally, I lean toward agreement with your position in this post. As a Pentecostal Christian I am frequently appalled by the published behavior of Evangelical Christians the same as you and others.

We, Pentecostals, are more concerned with relationships both with Christ through the Holy Spirit and each other. We function in small community groups. We are neighborhood worship centers.

The main Protestant Evangelical Christian denominations tend to look down upon us. We accept that and are amused by it.

So, feel free to attack the religious groups. We don't belong to their ideology except for one main point. That is, we all accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. We all accept the Holy Trinity.

We all will be ushered in to Heaven in the end and we will not even be concerned with this stuff of life.

If the corporeal world has so little usefulness, why did your God even bother to give it to you? I suppose you'll point out something like how can you know your toe feels good if you've never stubbed it or something similar.

But seriously, how can you organize your life around the proposition that we're all just hanging around some dank subway station waiting for the number one train to come by? It has no posted schedule, don't you know, so just be patient and we'll all be out of here soon.

I find that kind of thinking just plain weird.

JoeWeber

If the corporeal world has so little usefulness, why did your God even bother to give it to you? I suppose you'll point out something like how can you know your toe feels good if you've never stubbed it or something similar.

But seriously, how can you organize your life around the proposition that we're all just hanging around some dank subway station waiting for the number one train to come by? It has no posted schedule, don't you know, so just be patient and we'll all be out of here soon.

I do too.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The key to understanding Ron is in this sentence. The arrogance and false sense of superiority inherent in believing that God loves his people best is summed up right there. He belongs to a group. He has found his peace and his place within this group. You could call it a cult because it based around religious views. Christianity has hundreds of cults and subcults. But I think of it as a clan or tribe. It's pointless to discuss the errors you see in his religion. Everyone chooses to believe something. They are all wrong. Most people keep it more to themselves. Ron thinks he needs to share. You can choose to read his posts or not.

On the other hand, his social views can be downright offensive. That is where I choose to point out his flawed thinking.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Ron, that's right up there with "I won't bounce because I'll never make that mistake." We're none of us mistake-proof, so we'd better humble up and be willing to learn from people we don't think we have much to learn from.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

I do too.

Ron, I am not vested in you or this forum. I get it that you feel certain about what you believe but we are here, too. I'm sure you are a decent guy but you are simply unable to see beyond your beliefs. The consequence is that your persistent solipsism makes any two way conversation impossible.

You're the better man. I concede defeat and the field. I'll leave your offered opportunities to self flagellate to others.

But please stay in the forum -- you add. It's a sad shadow of itself, and FB is no substitute.

Wendy P.

“ 'Many are called, but few are chosen' (Matthew 22:14). That is, few prove that they are the chosen ones. The chosen ones are those who have come into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ and have had their spiritual condition changed and their ears opened." ~Oswald Chambers

The Holy Spirit is beckoning to you or else you would not feel the inclination to respond to my posts. In your quiet time, in your safe place, I urge you to listen to the Voice of the Lord.

BTW are you related to Stu Weber?

wmw999

Ron, that's right up there with "I won't bounce because I'll never make that mistake." We're none of us mistake-proof, so we'd better humble up and be willing to learn from people we don't think we have much to learn from.

Wendy P.

In my walk of life I have determined that everyone I meet, regardless of education, status or mental condition, knows something about survival that I do not know. I observe and I listen and I try to find the nugget of great value.

wmw999

But please stay in the forum -- you add. It's a sad shadow of itself, and FB is no substitute.

Wendy P.

Thank you, I will. But I'm through with Ron and Marc. I'd rather listen to an old Tiny Tim album skip for a few hours than hear their same songs again and again.

I'd ask a favor of you, however. Would you please tell Ron I have no clue who Stu Weber might be. Same church, different pew is my best guess.

jakee

***Not allure but rather warning.

Yeah exactly! That’s what your posts do. They warn people off the ‘holy spirit’ :)
How do you share the Holy Spirit with others?

RonD1120

******Not allure but rather warning.

Yeah exactly! That’s what your posts do. They warn people off the ‘holy spirit’ :)
Sometimes a shot glass, sometimes a snifter, sometimes just pass the bottle.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

gowlerk

By treating them all with the respect they deserve as equal in the eyes of God.

That's good.