billvon

Republicans and veterans

RonD1120

***When you start thinking of John McCain as a deep state Democrat, you've lost all touch with reality.

My understanding of the deep state is that it is comprised of both Democrats and Republicans.

In the Senate? No, that's called bipartisan co-operation.

I know that's something you despise, but it's still not the same as a nefarious hidden conspiracy.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

"Deep state" is now code for anyone who stands up to Dear Leader. It's getting a little scary. Frankly it is yet another textbook step on how to set up an authoritarian state.

1. Call into question the legitimacy of the press (fake news) CHECK
2. Define as the common enemy some outside "other" (immigrants) CHECK
3. Define as an enemy of the state any internal opposition (deep state) CHECK
4. Convince people that everything you do, regardless of how obviously corrupt, is for the good of the country (MAGA) CHECK

All we have left is to blur the lines between civilian and military authority. Hmm, wonder why every other department head is a former General?

- Dan G

RonD1120

My understanding of the deep state is that it is comprised of both Democrats and Republicans.

The deep state is a fictitious construct invented to help Trump's supporters rationalize that support in the face of reality.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jcd11235

***My understanding of the deep state is that it is comprised of both Democrats and Republicans.

The deep state is a fictitious construct invented to help Trump's supporters rationalize that support in the face of reality.

My take on it is that the "deep state" is all the people in government that still have integrity and recognize that Trumpism is a fleeting phase and an accident of history.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

******My understanding of the deep state is that it is comprised of both Democrats and Republicans.

My take on it is that the "deep state" is all the people in government that still have integrity and recognize that Trumpism is a fleeting phase and an accident of history.

There is usually a scientific answer for human behavior. A deep state is but a part of the total psychological profile. The Scientific American article is quite long. But a reader of the entire article will have a far better understanding of the trump appeal. Its sustainability to date. Its extraordinary to have what is essentially full employment. Yet 60% disapproval ratings for trump.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201712/analysis-trump-supporters-has-identified-5-key-traits

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201609/the-psychology-behind-donald-trumps-unwavering-support

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-rsquo-s-appeal-what-psychology-tells-us/

DanG

"Deep state" is now code for anyone who stands up to Dear Leader. It's getting a little scary. Frankly it is yet another textbook step on how to set up an authoritarian state.

1. Call into question the legitimacy of the press (fake news) CHECK
2. Define as the common enemy some outside "other" (immigrants) CHECK
3. Define as an enemy of the state any internal opposition (deep state) CHECK
4. Convince people that everything you do, regardless of how obviously corrupt, is for the good of the country (MAGA) CHECK

All we have left is to blur the lines between civilian and military authority. Hmm, wonder why every other department head is a former General?

We believed all that before the election. That is why, for the most part, we elected Donald Trump. The other part is, of course, our hatred of Hillary.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jcd11235

***My understanding of the deep state is that it is comprised of both Democrats and Republicans.

I think of the deep state as the opponents. They are worthy opponents because we are forced to deal with them. The goal is to defeat our opponents. They simply cannot be ignored.

Your side has the same viewpoint, ergo worthy opponents. It is similar to an NFL game.

Peace on earth is a long way off.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>I think of the deep state as the opponents. They are worthy opponents because we are
>forced to deal with them. The goal is to defeat our opponents. They simply cannot be
>ignored.

And attitudes like that are why this country is so divided.

I get the feeling you have never met any of the people you feel are your enemies - which makes them easy to hate.

RonD1120

I think of the deep state as the opponents.

But who are they?

The term 'deep state' has an actual meaning, and an actual class of government officials it can refer to. If you apply it to anyone in any branch of government who you don't like it becomes meangless except as a general pejorative, to be used as a tool to further your ideal scenario of a nation too politically divided to function as a single state.

billvon

>I think of the deep state as the opponents. They are worthy opponents because we are
>forced to deal with them. The goal is to defeat our opponents. They simply cannot be
>ignored.

And attitudes like that are why this country is so divided.

I get the feeling you have never met any of the people you feel are your enemies - which makes them easy to hate.

Couldn't you look in the mirror and say the same about yourself?

I did meet George and Jeb Bush, much earlier Pat Robertson along with Joseph McAuliffe, Terry McAuliffe's brother.

>Couldn't you look in the mirror and say the same about yourself?

I don't think that republicans or conservatives are the enemy, nor do I fear them. So not really. This is probably because I've met these people - people who don't like Muslims, people who support Trump, people who think that immigration is bad - and I find that they are not evil, or the enemy, or opponents. I just disagree with them.

jcd11235

***Your side …

That's the difference between you and me; I don't have a side. I think and act independently. My opinion is swayed only by facts and logic.

Arguing logic with a person who is expecting to be whisked away to paradise at any moment is pointless... amusing, but pointless.

jcd11235

***Your side …

That's the difference between you and me; I don't have a side. I think and act independently. My opinion is swayed only by facts and logic.

That is what I call ego linear thinking. Dr. David R Hawkins and A Course In Miracles discuss this at length.

I have spent a good portion of my life leaning to think spherically. Especially, I try and am now focusing on thinking without thought itself to the infinite beyond the boundary of the sphere.

Be that as it may, my wife, my mother and those who know me personally believe I am independent. I have never fit the mold.

RonD1120

I have spent a good portion of my life leaning to think spherically.

And yet you have the most 2 dimensional political worldview of anyone who posts here.

Especially, I try and am now focusing on thinking without thought itself to the infinite beyond the boundary of the sphere.

No you don’t. Nice try though:D

RonD1120

******Your side …

That is what I call ego linear thinking.

It's what reasonable people consider rational thought.

RonD1120

I have spent a good portion of my life leaning to think spherically.

That sounds remarkably similar to begging the question, which frequently occurs in your posts.

RonD1120

I try and am now focusing on thinking without thought itself …

And a remarkable job you've been doing! Absence of thought is clear and evident in many of your posts. I just didn't realize that was your goal. Kudos!
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

RonD1120

******Your side …

That is what I call ego linear thinking. Dr. David R Hawkins and A Course In Miracles discuss this at length.

I have spent a good portion of my life leaning to think spherically. Especially, I try and am now focusing on thinking without thought itself to the infinite beyond the boundary of the sphere.

Be that as it may, my wife, my mother and those who know me personally believe I am independent. I have never fit the mold.

A good portion of your life? Hardly. Spherical thinking is relatively recent woo-woo. Go to the back of the class, again.

Here's a dose of that nonsense: "Spherical thinking, as it relates to time, is a measure of how far consciousness has come from linearity and its embeddedness in three-dimensional reality. A true measure of spherical thinking has to do with the experience of 'everpresentness', a state in which all events are felt to be taking place simultaneously rather than being divided into past, present, and future. Already, some have had a taste of this quality of timelessness during near-death experiences, life-reviews, and dream states. However, for the majority, this type of awareness is not yet a reality."

JoeWeber

"Spherical thinking, as it relates to time, is a measure of how far consciousness has come from linearity and its embeddedness in three-dimensional reality. A true measure of spherical thinking has to do with the experience of 'everpresentness', a state in which all events are felt to be taking place simultaneously rather than being divided into past, present, and future. Already, some have had a taste of this quality of timelessness during near-death experiences, life-reviews, and dream states. However, for the majority, this type of awareness is not yet a reality."

That fits with my understanding of my experiences.

RonD1120

*** "Spherical thinking, as it relates to time, is a measure of how far consciousness has come from linearity and its embeddedness in three-dimensional reality. A true measure of spherical thinking has to do with the experience of 'everpresentness', a state in which all events are felt to be taking place simultaneously rather than being divided into past, present, and future. Already, some have had a taste of this quality of timelessness during near-death experiences, life-reviews, and dream states. However, for the majority, this type of awareness is not yet a reality."

So said the bee as he tended his Queen.

Your very words describe a frightening obliviousness to the world around you. Clearly, in the Ron-centric universe, there is no room for the views of others lest they meld perfectly with your own; your mind is closed for business as you seek this state of "everpresentness and timelessness". What do you hope to achieve next? Omniscience?

JoeWeber

****** "Spherical thinking, as it relates to time, is a measure of how far consciousness has come from linearity and its embeddedness in three-dimensional reality. A true measure of spherical thinking has to do with the experience of 'everpresentness', a state in which all events are felt to be taking place simultaneously rather than being divided into past, present, and future. Already, some have had a taste of this quality of timelessness during near-death experiences, life-reviews, and dream states. However, for the majority, this type of awareness is not yet a reality."

Your very words describe a frightening obliviousness to the world around you. Clearly, in the Ron-centric universe, there is no room for the views of others lest they meld perfectly with your own; your mind is closed for business as you seek this state of "everpresentness and timelessness". What do you hope to achieve next? Omniscience?

I get the mental image of someone with their fingers in their ears going "lalalalllalalaallala" so they can't hear anyone.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

JoeWeber

****** "Spherical thinking, as it relates to time, is a measure of how far consciousness has come from linearity and its embeddedness in three-dimensional reality. A true measure of spherical thinking has to do with the experience of 'everpresentness', a state in which all events are felt to be taking place simultaneously rather than being divided into past, present, and future. Already, some have had a taste of this quality of timelessness during near-death experiences, life-reviews, and dream states. However, for the majority, this type of awareness is not yet a reality."

Why are you frightened Joe?

I have nothing left to achieve. I am content to just be and wait for my translation west, as they say.

That is not entirely accurate. At election time I seek to achieve Christian conservative elected leaders.

RonD1120

********* "Spherical thinking, as it relates to time, is a measure of how far consciousness has come from linearity and its embeddedness in three-dimensional reality. A true measure of spherical thinking has to do with the experience of 'everpresentness', a state in which all events are felt to be taking place simultaneously rather than being divided into past, present, and future. Already, some have had a taste of this quality of timelessness during near-death experiences, life-reviews, and dream states. However, for the majority, this type of awareness is not yet a reality."

Why are you frightened Joe?

I have nothing left to achieve. I am content to just be and wait for my translation west, as they say.

That is not entirely accurate. At election time I seek to achieve Christian conservative elected leaders.

Lovely. And while you are off translating we'll be left with a bunch of Christian Conservative ignoramuses screwing things up for future generations. You simply can not just live and let live. You'll never be happy until everyone is wearing the same yoke as you do.