fasted3

Is Trump Evil?

rushmc

The lack of common sense and delusion demonstrated in this post is off the charts!

WOW, just fucking WOW!

Not to mention the irony!

Masterful response!
Love it how you demolish each and every point he makes without even mentioning one.
Using the words delusion and irony put it over the top.
Kudos
But what do I know?

fasted3

The mere fact that you have to ask this question demonstrates a lack of recognizing real threats vs. perceived threats, a problem I see in many younger people.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

The mere fact that you have to ask this question demonstrates a lack of recognizing real threats vs. perceived threats, a problem I see in many younger people.

Agree. It had to happen sooner or later.

I answered that trump is evil but only because the poll was insufficiently specific as to the nature of trump. Putin is evil as he kills people and is a gangster by nature.

trump has talked about killing people and getting away with it. IMO he would if he could. But for now idiot, dangerous, buffoon, etc. are better adjectives. A Putin wannabe.

airdvr

Whether Trump is evil and whether Trump is a real threat to the American people are two different issues. The answer to one is not necessarily the answer to the other.

That said, what are the real threats and perceived threats in this situation? In reality, how many American lives are seriously under threat from North Korea or Iran for instance, vs the number seriously threatened by the US government once more turning its back on universal healthcare?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***The mere fact that you have to ask this question demonstrates a lack of recognizing real threats vs. perceived threats, a problem I see in many younger people.

Whether Trump is evil and whether Trump is a real threat to the American people are two different issues. The answer to one is not necessarily the answer to the other.

That said, what are the real threats and perceived threats in this situation? In reality, how many American lives are seriously under threat from North Korea or Iran for instance, vs the number seriously threatened by the US government once more turning its back on universal healthcare?

Well, he can be a threat without being evil but he can't be evil and not be a threat...unless you're OK with evil people.

As far as real vs. perceived threats; The list is a long one. I place the blame on corporations mostly. They seem to be able to ratchet up a perceived threat to get people to purchase their products. It's also pervasive in health care, and anything that has to do with infants. Young parents are particularly susceptible.

Our government is really good at it. But if you take a moment to really think, many of today's perceived threats aren't actually threatening at all.

I know many of you here think Trump is a threat. There are probably some areas where you are correct. But I don't really think he is evil.

Here's a good list of the truly evil. Trump isn't even close.

http://emgn.com/entertainment/25-of-the-most-evil-people-the-world-has-ever-seen-the-things-they-did-are-absolutely-disgusting/

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Well, he can be a threat without being evil but he can't be evil and not be a threat...unless you're OK with evil people.

He could be evil and not be a threat to the US itself. He could be evil but relatively benign if he thought his own self interest aligned with not doing anything too overtly horrible.

As far as real vs. perceived threats; The list is a long one.

So... could ya use some examples?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Phil1111

Agree. It had to happen sooner or later.

I answered that trump is evil but only because the poll was insufficiently specific as to the nature of trump. Putin is evil as he kills people and is a gangster by nature.

trump has talked about killing people and getting away with it. IMO he would if he could. But for now idiot, dangerous, buffoon, etc. are better adjectives. A Putin wannabe.

One doesn't have to kill people to be considered evil. Deliberately harming people is evil too. Trump has a long record of doing this.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

airdvr

My biggest fear about trump is that he will get us into a war.
I perceive that to be a real threat.
Bush 2 did that, for no good reason, and I think that was his greatest mistake.
But this guy is so much worse.
I don't have to ask; I've made my decision.
Based on my observations since being in the army in 1970, so I'm not that young, but yeah, I don't look a day over 65, I'm told. Young at heart anyway.

Peace

airdvr

That's a list of the most evil people the world has seen. If Trump were on that list would you finally quit defending every move of his?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Nobody, just reflecting on the nature of evil.
I don't want to kill anybody, and work hard to not hate anybody either.

I provided other examples, and an article.
The question in my mind is not about trump, it's the enablers and collaborators. Are they evil too?
I think there are a lot of people that know what a pos trump is, yet support him anyway.
Rich guys with way more class, money, and power than he ever had - to get a tax cut and get richer
Rich guys that are a lot smarter than him - to gut regulations and get richer
Politicians - doing what they are told by rich guys
'Pius' christians - to ban abortion
racists and haters - for obvious reasons
Idiots - just because

It's not up to me to judge, which is good for trump supporters, because:

I think of trump as a pied piper
playing a song of anger and hate
he got the rats dancing in the streets
now what?
But what do I know?

fasted3

I think it is evil to hate someone so bad that you want to kill them, when you don't even know them.

Which BTW is precisely what Trump is doing in a number of cases. You do realize that; yes?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

jakee

***Well, he can be a threat without being evil but he can't be evil and not be a threat...unless you're OK with evil people.

He could be evil and not be a threat to the US itself. He could be evil but relatively benign if he thought his own self interest aligned with not doing anything too overtly horrible.

As far as real vs. perceived threats; The list is a long one.

So... could ya use some examples?

Let's use a real simple one...the AAD. I'll bet at this point in time a majority of up jumpers wouldn't make a jump without one. Yet everyone knows the actual threat of being knocked unconscious or being unable to deploy your reserve on any given jump is miniscule.

Sure, sure...I understand about using every available means to be safe, but is jumping without an AAD that much more unsafe than jumping with one?

Destinations by Roxanne

DJL

That's a list of the most evil people the world has seen. If Trump were on that list would you finally quit defending every move of his?

...only when you quit villainizing his every move.

Destinations by Roxanne

fasted3

My biggest fear about trump is that he will get us into a war.
I perceive that to be a real threat.
Bush 2 did that, for no good reason, and I think that was his greatest mistake.
But this guy is so much worse.
I don't have to ask; I've made my decision.
Based on my observations since being in the army in 1970, so I'm not that young, but yeah, I don't look a day over 65, I'm told. Young at heart anyway.

Peace

You weren't afraid about wars when Obama was in office?

Destinations by Roxanne

Let's use a real simple one...the AAD. I'll bet at this point in time a majority of up jumpers wouldn't make a jump without one. Yet everyone knows the actual threat of being knocked unconscious or being unable to deploy your reserve on any given jump is miniscule.

Not using an AAD is a threat to me. It's small, but the odds of me being killed due to the lack of an AAD is definitely higher than the odds of me being killed by a terrorist on an airplane that I am on, although I have come close on both accounts. Yet I spend far more time dealing with the TSA than I do dealing with my AAD.

So it's certainly a real, and not a perceived, threat. It's simply a _small_ real threat.

(And yes, I would still jump without one.)

quade

***I think it is evil to hate someone so bad that you want to kill them, when you don't even know them.

Which BTW is precisely what Trump is doing in a number of cases. You do realize that; yes?

Yes. In fact he fits every example I've given.
Old story about a guy that gets one wish from a genie.
Only problem, anything he gets, his worst enemy gets twice as much.
Ask for a million, he gets 2 million.

so the guy's wish is to have one eye gouged out.

another variation is to be beaten half to death.

that's evil too.
But what do I know?

billvon

Not using an AAD is a threat to me. It's small, but the odds of me being killed due to the lack of an AAD is definitely higher than the odds of me being killed by a terrorist on an airplane that I am on, although I have come close on both accounts. Yet I spend far more time dealing with the TSA than I do dealing with my AAD.

So it's certainly a real, and not a perceived, threat. It's simply a _small_ real threat.

(And yes, I would still jump without one.)

The additional safety the AAD provides is so miniscule it's hardly a blip. The perceived threat... jumping without one is dangerous.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Sure, sure...I understand about using every available means to be safe, but is jumping without an AAD that much more unsafe than jumping with one?

Yours is a poor argument because a number of other threats you have more control over.

The threat of dying in a hook turn accident is completely mitigated by consciously not performing them.

However, there is no other threat mitigation a jumper himself can take when it comes to instances of him being rendered unable to pull (or otherwise becoming unaware). While the AAD is no guarantee of a successful outcome, I've seen an unreasonable number of people's lives saved by AADs. If they hadn't had them, they would have certainly have cratered.

You can find videos on YouTube of this happening all day long.

Circling back to Trump being evil, we should have mitigated that risk back in November. Now we have to jump through hoops to make sure he doesn't kill us all.

While the odds are not as high as playing Russian roulette, the world-wide risk is FAR greater when you consider the number of people potentially involved and the potential consequences.
quade -

quade

***Let's use a real simple one...the AAD. I'll bet at this point in time a majority of up jumpers wouldn't make a jump without one. Yet everyone knows the actual threat of being knocked unconscious or being unable to deploy your reserve on any given jump is miniscule.

Yours is a poor argument because a number of other threats you have more control over.

The threat of dying in a hook turn accident is completely mitigated by consciously not performing them.

However, there is no other threat mitigation a jumper himself can take when it comes to instances of him being rendered unable to pull (or otherwise becoming unaware). While the AAD is no guarantee of a successful outcome, I've seen an unreasonable number of people's lives saved by AADs. If they hadn't had them, they would have certainly have cratered.

Not debating their effectiveness. Refusing to make a jump without one (not a long term series of jumps) is a perceived threat that jumping without an AAD is dangerous.

If you have control over something then it's not a threat at all.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

******Let's use a real simple one...the AAD. I'll bet at this point in time a majority of up jumpers wouldn't make a jump without one. Yet everyone knows the actual threat of being knocked unconscious or being unable to deploy your reserve on any given jump is miniscule.

Not debating their effectiveness. Refusing to make a jump without one (not a long term series of jumps) is a perceived threat that jumping without an AAD is dangerous.

If you have control over something then it's not a threat at all.

You may have control over "A" thing in a situation. You'll almost never have control over everything in a situation.

You can only mitigate risk.

You can do everything right and still die.
quade -