billvon

#tregret

>I get $10,000 for every anti-Trump post I make in this forum. Doesn't everyone?

Don't I feel like an idiot! I only get $5000 a post from the wealthy grad-student cabal that pays me to post about climate change. (Of course, add that to the $200 an hour I make as moderator, and the bonus every time I ban an honest, outspoken proponent of truth, and I still do OK.)

yoink

I quit my job ages ago thanks to Soros.

I get $10,000 for every anti-Trump post I make in this forum. Doesn't everyone?

I assumed that was the reason there were so many of them.

The real money is in breaking windows and burning shit down. I know a guy that got $25k for every piss bomb he threw at a police officer.

normiss

Fuck the police!

I need the job hookups you guys are getting to pay for the new ring I bought my wife.

Jewelry for the wife?
So what did she catch you doing?[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

More Trump voters feeling the #tregret.
========================================
Some middle-class Americans worry Trump health subsidies cut will hurt them

Tim Reid, Yasmeen Abutaleb
October 13, 2017

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Tom Westerman voted for Donald Trump in last year’s election but says he might not do so again after the president cut off billions of dollars in Obamacare subsidies to health insurance companies.

“It really upset me,” said Westerman, 63, a self-described “middle-class guy” with an annual household income of about $60,000 in the western Pennsylvania city of Arnold.

Westerman’s change of heart reflects mounting fears among middle-class Democrats and Republicans that their health insurance costs will soar as Trump weakens former President Barack Obama’s signature healthcare law, which extended insurance to more than 20 million Americans.
=========================================

It's almost like a guy who campaigned on destroying America's healthcare system might actually damage America's healthcare system! No one could have seen that coming.

Hi Bill,

More Trump voters feeling the #tregret.

I do not consider myself to be a particular bright guy. However, I do everything that I can to be an informed voter.

I continue to be amazed at the Trump voters/supporters who wonder 'what happened.'

IMO they let their emotions take over any common sense that they might have had.

A perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

:S

Jerry Baumchen

It seems like only yesterday that Trump was bragging about keeping jobs at Carrier in the US. And people believed him. Now . . .

===========================
Carrier plant layoffs: Worker thought Trump would save her job. She was wrong.
Jan 12 2018

INDIANAPOLIS — It was raining in Indiana's capital city on the day Renee Elliott and millions of other blue collar Americans stunned the world by helping to elect a Manhattan real estate mogul the 45th president of the United States.

But all Elliott saw that day was sunshine.

As she waited patiently in line to cast her vote, Elliott said she was buoyed by the belief that Donald Trump would make good on his campaign pledge and prevent her job at the Carrier plant — the job that she said allowed her to escape an abusive marriage and live a modest but comfortable life — from being sent to Mexico.

Now, very soon, Elliott will be standing in another line — the unemployment line.

Elliott, 44, was one of the 215 workers at the Indianapolis plant who were given pink slips on Thursday. And to say she is disappointed by Trump would be an understatement.

“We all voted for him,” she said of herself and her Carrier co-workers. “We just thought he was going to protect our jobs. It sounded really good. And then, boom.”
==============================

skymiles

It took her this long to figure that out???:o
Well, at least we know she is able to learn...albeit very, very slowly.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Letter to the Editor of the NYT:
================
I voted for Donald Trump, and I regret it.

I thought he would change his divisive rhetoric from the campaign trail and never imagined he would divide this country with lies and racism, bigotry and hate. I see a man working to destroy democracy with the help of Vladimir Putin by using disinformation to frustrate and confuse everyone as they weaken America’s standing in the world.

I fear for my children’s future and see a president and his family profiting off the office just as in authoritarian countries, with zero pushback from the Republican Party. Democracy will die if they continue.

SYDNEY COHAN, WESTWOOD, N.J.
================

Lol

At the rate you swallow and repost fake news, you got to wonder about this one too!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Lol

At the rate you swallow and repost fake news, you got to wonder about this one too!

What is it about this one that's setting off the alarm bells for you?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

***Lol

What is it about this one that's setting off the alarm bells for you?

Apparently farmers in darkest Iowa (stout Trump supporters) are starting to have regrets.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

Letter to the Editor of the NYT:
================
I voted for Donald Trump, and I regret it.

I thought he would change his divisive rhetoric from the campaign trail and never imagined he would divide this country with lies and racism, bigotry and hate. I see a man working to destroy democracy with the help of Vladimir Putin by using disinformation to frustrate and confuse everyone as they weaken America’s standing in the world.

I fear for my children’s future and see a president and his family profiting off the office just as in authoritarian countries, with zero pushback from the Republican Party. Democracy will die if they continue.

SYDNEY COHAN, WESTWOOD, N.J.
================

Bolding mine.

What kind of idiot would think that the Mango Mussolini would be any different in the Oval office than out on the campaign trail?

What kind of idiot would think that all of the garbage he was spouting the entire time would not carry forward?

Oh, yeah. This one. And probably a lot just like him.

And, on a slightly different note:

I find it amusing, disturbing and disgusting by turns that the folks who shout "FAKE NEWS" the loudest and most often are the same folks who fall for all the fake news being put out by the right wing wannabe demagogues. Real "fake news", like the Pizzagate crap, the Benghazi garbage, the George Soros fairy tale, the "Crisis Actor" bullshit, all that.
They scream "Fake News"!! at anything they don't like, yet fall for the ridiculous lies that are put out.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Coal miners feel some #tregret as the government prevents radiologists from looking at X-rays of black lung disease for purposes of compensation claims. Who is left to make a decision on whether they have a case for compensation against the coal companies? The pulmonologists who work for coal companies.

(Does it really count as #tregret after the guy dies, though?)

Bolding mine.

What kind of idiot would think that the Mango Mussolini would be any different in the Oval office than out on the campaign trail?

What kind of idiot would think that all of the garbage he was spouting the entire time would not carry forward?

Especially because the Trump that was out on the campaign trail was the same Trump that Trump has always been. No-one had any reason to think that outrageous, campaign trail Trump was an act unless they think that Trump has been acting all his life.

I'm reminded of the quote from In Bruges;

Harry, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a ****. You're a **** now, and you've always been a ****. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger ****. Maybe have some more **** kids.

I find it amusing, disturbing and disgusting by turns that the folks who shout "FAKE NEWS" the loudest and most often are the same folks who fall for all the fake news being put out by the right wing wannabe demagogues.

It's ironic now that when you here the term 'fake news' being shouted it's almost guaranteed that the claim itself is what's really fake. Anyone on the left, the middle or the right should be concerned and angry about Trump's gleeful efforts to destroy public confidence in any of the bodies whose job it is to hold him and the rest of government to account.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Hi jakee,

Trump's gleeful efforts to destroy public confidence in any of the bodies whose job it is to hold him and the rest of government to account.

IMO This is what we really need to be concerned about.

Esp: The recent news that the Sinclair organization is telling their tv anchors what they have to say.

Trump and his minions still remind me of the Third Reich.

Jerry Baumchen

billvon

Coal miners feel some #tregret as the government prevents radiologists from looking at X-rays of black lung disease for purposes of compensation claims. Who is left to make a decision on whether they have a case for compensation against the coal companies? The pulmonologists who work for coal companies.

For those who have not seen the story: https://www.npr.org/2018/03/31/598484688/kentucky-lawmakers-limit-black-lung-claims-reviews-despite-epidemic

jakee

I'm reminded of the quote from In Bruges;

Harry, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a ****. You're a **** now, and you've always been a ****. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger ****. Maybe have some more **** kids.

:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7BWvD5B5Y

ryoder

***Coal miners feel some #tregret as the government prevents radiologists from looking at X-rays of black lung disease for purposes of compensation claims. Who is left to make a decision on whether they have a case for compensation against the coal companies? The pulmonologists who work for coal companies.

For those who have not seen the story: https://www.npr.org/2018/03/31/598484688/kentucky-lawmakers-limit-black-lung-claims-reviews-despite-epidemic

"In an interview with NPR, Koenig said he "relied on the expertise of those who understand the issue — the industry, coal companies and attorneys.""

Holy fuck. Let's hire the foxes to guard the hen house while we're at it:S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?