kallend

Rapture imminent!

SkyDekker

If Trump doesn't make it to the end of his term, does that mean that God hates Trump or God hates Americans?

Proverbs 6:16-19 (ESV)

16 There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
19 a false witness who breathes out lies,
and one who sows discord among brothers.

I'm pretty sure the rapture concept was made to scare people into thinking they could be subject to judgement at any moment. Why be a believer when could just wait until you're old and then repent?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

I'm pretty sure the rapture concept was made to scare people into thinking they could be subject to judgement at any moment. Why be a believer when could just wait until you're old and then repent?

One of the problems with having a diet heavy on bread is that rye shows up a lot. The Children of Israel still make a great pastrami on rye here and there.

Rye, in times of excess moisture, tends to get a bit moldy. Rye mold is typically Ergot, and ergotamines are marvelously psychoactive lysergic acid in particular.

The difference between LSD-25 and your garden variety lysergic acid is mostly a matter of dosage. If you are eating a lot of rye bread when it is give to mold, you can have a winter such as Salem Towne in Massachusetts did, with people seeing witchcraft everywhere.

Another possibility is that 'spiritual' fasting may have been the culprit. The metabolic changes that take place in severe fasting can result in high ketone levels in the blood, and ketosis is characterized by hallucinations.

I prefer to suspect that the author was subject to some kind of severe chemical imbalance, but he/she may simply have been crazy.

DJL

I'm pretty sure the rapture concept was made to scare people into thinking they could be subject to judgement at any moment.

That statement doesn't really make any sense.

If you're already a believer, then you don't fear judgement.

If you don't believe in God/judgement, then how can you fear it?

Besides, people could die at any moment anyway.

DJL

Why be a believer when could just wait until you're old and then repent?

Why be a believer when you could just wait until after the rapture to repent?

Either you're a believer or you're not.

>If you're already a believer, then you don't fear judgement.

Plenty of believers are told that unless they do X, Y and Z (which often includes a hefty contribution to the religious leader they hew to) they will not be among the saved. After all, with over 2 billion Christians on Earth, and only 144,000 known for sure to be saved per Revelation, you have to be among the top .001% to have a decent chance.

billvon

Plenty of believers are told that unless they do X, Y and Z (which often includes a hefty contribution to the religious leader they hew to) they will not be among the saved.

Depends what you believe, I guess. . .

billvon

After all, with over 2 billion Christians on Earthand only 144,000 known for sure to be saved per Revelation, you have to be among the top .001% to have a decent chance.

Well, not if those 2 billion are raptured.

The 144,000 refers to a specific group of Jews.

Who then are all of the others that were martyred/beheaded because of their faith?

billvon

Plenty of believers are told that unless they do X, Y and Z (which often includes a hefty contribution to the religious leader they hew to) they will not be among the saved. After all, with over 2 billion Christians on Earth, and only 144,000 known for sure to be saved per Revelation, you have to be among the top .001% to have a decent chance.

The first part of your statement appears to refer to the Roman Catholic faith. The Protestant Reformation drifted from the concept of mandatory contribution necessary for salvation. However, a few of the TV hucksters have revived it to grab those still in spiritual darkness.

The 144,000 refer only to the Jews, 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes. Remember, the Book of Revelation is for the Jewish people. The Christian believers will be gone.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

billvon

Well to break it down for you, the 144,000 is the total number of Jews, i.e. 12,000 each from the 12 tribes. These 144,000 will have special protection from God during the 7 year tribulation period which is a period of judgment. They will proclaim the gospel during the tribulation period to evangelize the post-rapture world.

The word Rapture comes from the Latin word, "rapio" to seize or snatch in relation to an ecstasy of spirit or the actual removal from one place to another.

Channman

***>If you're already a believer, then you don't fear judgement.

Well to break it down for you, the 144,000 is the total number of Jews, i.e. 12,000 each from the 12 tribes. These 144,000 will have special protection from God during the 7 year tribulation period which is a period of judgment. They will proclaim the gospel during the tribulation period to evangelize the post-rapture world.

The word Rapture comes from the Latin word, "rapio" to seize or snatch in relation to an ecstasy of spirit or the actual removal from one place to another.

Winsor's theory makes more sense.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******>If you're already a believer, then you don't fear judgement.

Windsor??? I'm going to have to google the dude. Must be a great prophet:P

Well to break it down for you, the 144,000 is the total number of Jews, i.e. 12,000 each from the 12 tribes. These 144,000 will have special protection from God during the 7 year tribulation period which is a period of judgment.

Exactly. And per the Bible, they are the only to be guaranteed a spot.

Of course, everyone else likes to think they are guaranteed a spot too, if they only do X.

The 144,000 refer only to the Jews, 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes. Remember, the Book of Revelation is for the Jewish people.

And yet it is the last book in the New Testament.

Everyone need goals. Having a goal of being raptured is an easy way to go through life. It gives one hope and something to look forward to. It allows one to feel better than all the rabble around them. And it requires almost nothing to earn it. An extremely cowardly and worthless way to live a life. But in the end we all have to get by somehow.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Channman

*********>If you're already a believer, then you don't fear judgement.

Windsor??? I'm going to have to google the dude. Must be a great prophet:P

1) Reading is important.

2) Just pay attention to the thread.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I think the Monty Python troup summed it up well.

The meaning of life: Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.

billvon

Well to break it down for you, the 144,000 is the total number of Jews, i.e. 12,000 each from the 12 tribes. These 144,000 will have special protection from God during the 7 year tribulation period which is a period of judgment.

Exactly. And per the Bible, they are the only to be guaranteed a spot.

Don't you think it's kinda shitty what you're trying to do here?

normiss

***I think the Monty Python troup summed it up well.

The meaning of life: Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.

Indeed.
Ya, sez the guy who laughs at the elderly for finding hope in Christ on their death bed.:S

>Don't you think it's kinda shitty what you're trying to do here?

Nope. I think people can believe whatever they want, for whatever reasons they want - as long as they keep it to themselves and let other people believe what they want. Want to believe there's 144,000 people who will be saved? Great! It's right there in black and white in the Bible. Want to believe you will be saved because you believe in Christ/the Trinity/Yahweh/Allah/The Discount Church of Jesus? Also fine. You can believe whatever you like.

But in terms of shitty things to do, espousing a belief where only you and your fellow X's will go to the good place while everyone else goes to the bad place is pretty high on the list.