2 2
billvon

Russiagate

jakee

*** nose ring..... nose ring....

Oh for fuck's sake, someone taught it a new catchphrase.

Get ready for six more months of hilarity with this one, people.:S

comment I've used many times over the years. You need to realize that I grew up on a farm and I knew about putting nose rings in Bulls so you can control them and lead them around. You got one in your nose you just don't know it.

edited to add, we also used to put a nose rings in bore's and sow's so they wouldn't rip up fences and get away. They work similarly
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>I really do love that he felt the need to back that up to such a degree.
>Could just as well have said "Based on my being a conscious, literate human" couldn't he?

Well, sure he could. Then some defense attorney would say "but he's just guessing! He's not basing this on his training or experience."

rushmc

*** I was not actually talking about the ongoing investigation of collusion with Russia. I was simply looking for your comments on whether or not you thought Trump did an amazing job with Vladimir Putin? Are you OK with the press conference the way that it went? Do you actually believe that the United States came out ahead on this?.

Russian collusion aside, I never mentioned it

I see your point about Trump's comments. But it ain't worth the bullshit that he's getting on the media and every place else today. Could have handled it better? Absolutely. But he is not a politician now is he! So you can take your point and do whatever you want with it but he still my president needs the best that I've seen in a long time

He isn't a politician... he is literally the president.

LeeroyJenkins

****** I was not actually talking about the ongoing investigation of collusion with Russia. I was simply looking for your comments on whether or not you thought Trump did an amazing job with Vladimir Putin? Are you OK with the press conference the way that it went? Do you actually believe that the United States came out ahead on this?.

Russian collusion aside, I never mentioned it

I see your point about Trump's comments. But it ain't worth the bullshit that he's getting on the media and every place else today. Could have handled it better? Absolutely. But he is not a politician now is he! So you can take your point and do whatever you want with it but he still my president needs the best that I've seen in a long time

He isn't a politician... he is literally the president.

Also, you're kidding yourself if you think politics aren't involved in what Trump does regarding his real estate past. He absolutely is a politician.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

For people who want more hard evidence of collusion:

=============
What a Russian operative's indictment reveals about the Kremlin's attempts to infiltrate American politics and the NRA

- The Justice Department on Monday revealed that it had arrested the prominent Russian gun-rights activist Maria Butina over the weekend.

- In the unsealed indictment, the department accused Butina of conspiring to infiltrate American political groups and advance the agenda of the Kremlin through her network of high profile American contacts in politics and media.

- The indictment includes the first formal accusation against an American citizen of conspiring with the Russian government to influence the 2016 presidential election — and provides new details about the Russian government's attempts to curry favor among prominent Americans.

Tucker Higgins
Published 49 Mins Ago Updated 41 Mins Ago
CNBC.com

The Justice Department on Monday revealed that it had arrested the prominent Russian gun-rights activist Maria Butina over the weekend, accusing her of setting up "back channel" lines of communication with the Kremlin in an operation that spanned from the months before Trump announced his candidacy in 2015 through February 2017, the month after his inauguration.

In the unsealed indictment, the department accused Butina of conspiring to infiltrate American political groups and advance the agenda of the Russian government through her network of high profile American contacts in politics and media.

The indictment includes the most explicit and detailed accusation to date against a Russian, working with the help of an American citizen, to influence the 2016 presidential election. It also provides new details about the Russian government's attempts to curry favor among prominent Americans.

Notably, the charges are not being made by special counsel Robert Mueller, who is probing Russia's attempts to meddle in the 2016 election. The investigation was carried out by the FBI's field office in Washington, and Butina is being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the Justice Department's National Security Division.
==============

Here's a pretty good timeline of events relating to the election and between campaign members and Russian interests. I haven't looked over it thoroughly but one thing I'll say is that this should be taken as more of a factual report rather than causal, someone trying to do business with Russians doesn't make them bad and doesn't prove collusion.

https://themoscowproject.org/collusion-timeline
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

SkyDekker

And now CNN, New York Times and POlitico were blocked from attending a White House off camera press briefing (so called Gaggle)....

Only Trump friendly media allowed...

we all remember how fondly Obama talked about Fox News and some of the people on FOX NOW don't we

:D

CNN and Washington Post have been lying sacks of shit ever since he got elected. I think he's doing the right thing. Why talk to bastards like that?
Abraham Lincoln

Did Obama keep them out of press conferences?

Didn’t think so.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Did Obama keep them out of press conferences?

Didn’t think so.

Wendy P.

Sorry Wendy, but that comments completely irrelevant
Abraham Lincoln

>Did Obama keep them out of press conferences?

This sounds like a way to get a little more clarity on what happened in Helsinki:

===========
Trump-Putin translator should tell Congress what was said
BY EMILY BIRNBAUM - 07/17/18
The Hill

Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) on Tuesday called for the American translator present during President Trump's one-on-one meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin to tell Congress what was said.

"I believe the Senate Foreign Relations Committee should hold a hearing with the American translator who was present during President Trump and President Putin's private meeting to determine what was specifically discussed and agreed to on the United States's behalf," Shaheen, a member of the committee, said.

Trump and Putin had a private one-on-one meeting that reportedly lasted more than two hours on Monday before a shocking joint press conference.

In that press conference, Trump downplayed Russian interference in the 2016 election and blamed special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation for souring relations between Russia and the U.S.
============

billvon

>Did Obama keep them out of press conferences?

This sounds like a way to get a little more clarity on what happened in Helsinki:

===========
The Hill

Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) on Tuesday called for the American translator present during President Trump's one-on-one meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin to tell Congress what was said.

"I believe the Senate Foreign Relations Committee should hold a hearing with the American translator who was present during President Trump and President Putin's private meeting to determine what was specifically discussed and agreed to on the United States's behalf," Shaheen, a member of the committee, said.

Trump and Putin had a private one-on-one meeting that reportedly lasted more than two hours on Monday before a shocking joint press conference.

In that press conference, Trump downplayed Russian interference in the 2016 election and blamed special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation for souring relations between Russia and the U.S.
============

I find it very interesting that you don't have a problem with all of this if Hillary had one. Remember Obama said that there's no way that anybody could affect the elections. But since Trump won the whole thing changed now didn't it. The two-faced double standard is appalling disgusting and obviously evident anybody who cares to pay any attention to the bullshit that you parrot here daily.

But please keep it up.
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

*** nose ring..... nose ring....

Oh for fuck's sake, someone taught it a new catchphrase.

Get ready for six more months of hilarity with this one, people.:S

And now we know who's holding the rope that leads to your nose ring.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/07/17/unmasked-matt-rivitz-founder-of-sleeping-giants-behind-anti-breitbart-laura-ingraham-social-media-mobs/
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>Did Obama keep them out of press conferences?

===========
The Hill

============

I find it very interesting that you don't have a problem with all of this if Hillary had one. Remember Obama said that there's no way that anybody could affect the elections. But since Trump won the whole thing changed now didn't it. The two-faced double standard is appalling disgusting and obviously evident anybody who cares to pay any attention to the bullshit that you parrot here daily.

But please keep it up.

Do you suffer from written expression disorder? I ask kindly because what you just wrote is a grammar and cohesive thought disaster of the sort that often elicits unkind observations about your writing and thinking style.

You said you graduated from High School and I'm willing to believe you. But truly, bits like this: "I find it very interesting that you don't have a problem if Hillary had one." Huh? Do you mean a meeting with Putin, an interpreter or, perhaps, different plumbing?

In previous posts you wrote: "But he is not a politician now is he!" and ..."but he still my president needs the best I've seen in a long time", and "They'll had good things to say about Trump!", and "Know you want to talk about unkept promises?"

Those are not examples of High School level writing.

You make it seem that you do not know the difference between an exclamation point and a question mark. You also seem unable to frame simple sentences. To be clear, I think the grammar police are assholes. I am also a big fan of breaking the rules of writing. The thing is that you seem clueless as to which rule you are breaking.

It is rather odd that you make no effort to improve your writing no matter how often your failures are publicly noted. That's why I'm wondering if it's something you simply can not control. If that's so, please say so and I'll be first to tell people to get off of your back.

If it's not a consequence of a learning disability then please understand that one reason you are, by the many here, not taken seriously is because you express yourself so poorly. And you continue to do so even though the very computer you write from has spellcheck, grammar check and access to a number of fact checking search engines.

billvon

> . . . if Hillary had one.

1) He didn't do it
2) OK he did it but it's not that bad
3) Clinton did it first

Looks like that's all you have left.

Trump's policies and actions make Obama and anybody before him look like Russian puppets. So sorry Bill. I think what you post is all you have left
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Translation. You ain't got nothing.

And that's nothing new.

You have us by the short hairs, Mr. Rush. I can only imagine what it must be like to have in my social circle, probably several circles as do you no doubt, so many serious thinkers, professionals, educators and accomplished entrepreneurs with whom I might discuss weighty issues. You know, like here on an obscure internet forum like SC. That your gifts give you that entree must be both humbling and rewarding. So much so, I'd guess, that even putting a worm on a hook while blue gill fishing must seem trite.

Another Republican with a good idea.
=======================
SC Republican again asks for Trump’s taxes after controversial appearance with Putin

BY NOAH FEIT
July 17, 2018 09:57 PM

It’s not the first time Mark Sanford has asked Donald Trump to release his tax returns.

But Tuesday’s call from the U.S. representative from South Carolina’s 1st District might have been more pointed than his previous requests.

That’s because it came after President Trump’s controversial summit and news conference in Helsinki on Monday with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Trump was widely criticized for saying he saw no reason to believe Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

Though Trump said Tuesday he misspoke on that specific point, that did not end criticism of the nature of the summit with the Russian leader.

When Republican Sanford was asked about the issue by Washington Post reporter Robert Costa, he did not dismiss the possibility.

Instead, South Carolina’s former governor used it as an opportunity to say Trump should release his tax returns. Costa posted the exchange on Twitter, noting that Sanford said if Trump released his taxes it would clear things up, saying the president should take action this week.

Costa tweeted that Sanford told The Post that “ ’I don’t know’ if Russia has anything on the president” and that he “wants more answers on the president’s finances.”
==========================

Congressman reveals GOP members refused to allow Dems to question Russian ‘spy’ Maria Butina and 30 other witnesses
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/congressman-reveals-gop-members-refused-allow-dems-question-russian-spy-maria-butina-30-witnesses/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

Another Republican with a good idea.
=======================
SC Republican again asks for Trump’s taxes after controversial appearance with Putin

BY NOAH FEIT
July 17, 2018 09:57 PM

It’s not the first time Mark Sanford has asked Donald Trump to release his tax returns.

But Tuesday’s call from the U.S. representative from South Carolina’s 1st District might have been more pointed than his previous requests.

That’s because it came after President Trump’s controversial summit and news conference in Helsinki on Monday with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Trump was widely criticized for saying he saw no reason to believe Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

Though Trump said Tuesday he misspoke on that specific point, that did not end criticism of the nature of the summit with the Russian leader.

When Republican Sanford was asked about the issue by Washington Post reporter Robert Costa, he did not dismiss the possibility.

Instead, South Carolina’s former governor used it as an opportunity to say Trump should release his tax returns. Costa posted the exchange on Twitter, noting that Sanford said if Trump released his taxes it would clear things up, saying the president should take action this week.

Costa tweeted that Sanford told The Post that “ ’I don’t know’ if Russia has anything on the president” and that he “wants more answers on the president’s finances.”
==========================

Trump clearly has more to fear from releasing his tax returns than from hiding them.

One can only wonder what incriminating dirt is in them.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Don’t know him IRL, but from over 15 years on the boards :$, yeah, he’s perfectly stable. Partisan, reacts strongly and negatively to being pushed, and as far as writing style, I think he takes whatever suggestion the typeahead makes, and never, ever, reviews what he’s written.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)