rushmc

Anti-Trump Violence Thread

Phil1111

That he has insurance and would probable love the idea of an insurance company get a dead property off his distressed loan portfolio.

Maybe I don't have insurance at a high enough level or whatever, but mine doesn't cover civil unrest. I think terrorism isn't covered either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_insurance
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

millertime24

******If you guys think Trump would have trouble finding troops to obey his orders you really are delusional.

No.

We're hoping we have at least a few folks in the military willing to disobey illegal orders. We're hoping he has trouble finding troops willing to kill US citizens with little provocation. We're hoping we don't fall into a civil war for no damn good reason.

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL enemies foreign and domestic.

So for the Oath of Commissioned Officers, you need to expand to include:

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

and for the enlisted guys:

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

That whole, "well and faithfully" and "according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice" which bounds us to disobey unlawful orders kind of cuts away at your domestic argument. Also, domestic doesn't imply average citizens/dissenters or rioters. You really need to start looking into the various Title authorities of the US Code to delineate what the Army can do domestically as opposed to police forces or the National Guard.

I don't think you would have trouble finding troops who would obey his orders at the lower enlisted level, but thankfully, they are under the orders of officers and service SECs that would kibosh any of these shenanigans unless there was a true domestic threat.

quade

***That he has insurance and would probable love the idea of an insurance company get a dead property off his distressed loan portfolio.

Maybe I don't have insurance at a high enough level or whatever, but mine doesn't cover civil unrest. I think terrorism isn't covered either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_insurance

Good thinking. Perhaps a smart insurance man will go door to door in trump tower and sell some. I heard some are thinking of moving out because of all the security measures.

mmmmm a NY realtor and a NY insurance salesman... a good buck could be made:

"Blockbusting was a business process of U.S. real estate agents and building developers to convince white property owners to sell their house at low prices, which they did by promoting fear in those house owners that racial minorities(or terrorists) would soon be moving into the neighborhood."

It is peculiar that those that call right wingers violent, are kicking up.more if a stink and talking more violently than anybody.

Goldman Sachs and Starbucks give Hillary millions of dollars, and when Hillary loses they smack in Goldman Sachs and Starbucks Windows.

These extreme left are loonies.

normiss

All extremes are, religious, right wing, Islamics for example of late.
Maybe that's how they earn the extreme part of their label.

The violence above is not from right wingers
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

I'm not sure why you felt the need to defend that, but ok.

The violence is coming from left wingers...
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

airdvr

Who said anything about killing anyone? Chicago is out of control. I'm surprised you don't lambaste him as a racist for allowing it to continue (now that you can call the POTUs a racist).

So is the area around Mar-A-Lago. Think Trump will "send the Feds" there?
======================
Trump Always Calls Out Chicago, but City Closest to Mar-a-Lago Had Comparable Crime Rate in 2015

by Corky Siemaszko
Feb 18 2017

Chicago is the poster city for violent crime to President Trump, but he's got some mean streets right in his Florida backyard.

The city of West Palm Beach, which sits just across the Intracoastal Waterway from Trump's palatial Mar-a-Lago Resort — aka the Winter White House — on exclusive Palm Beach, had a violent crime rate in 2015 that was equal to that of the Windy City, according to federal crime records.

There were 23 homicides in a city of just 104,919 residents. And the rate of violent crime, which also includes rapes, robberies and aggravated assaults, was 9 for every 1,000 residents — the same as the far bigger Chicago, records show.
======================

billvon

>746 murders vs. 23.

Yep. So per person, that area is just as violent as Chicago.

Perhaps Trump's efforts should start at home.

No..you fight where it would be the most effective. Bill, I understand that you're OK with the murder rate in Chiraq...maybe you should join BLM.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

***>746 murders vs. 23.

No..you fight where it would be the most effective. Bill, I understand that you're OK with the murder rate in Chiraq...maybe you should join BLM.

I'm sorry, ever since the election we've been told that the whole point of the Electoral College was to stop the president from prioritising big cities over other areas. That millions of people in one place are not more important than a few thousand people in one place.

Now you're throwing out that idea?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

******>746 murders vs. 23.

I'm sorry, ever since the election we've been told that the whole point of the Electoral College was to stop the president from prioritising big cities over other areas. That millions of people in one place are not more important than a few thousand people in one place.

Now you're throwing out that idea?

Sometimes I think you just post counterpoints because you have nothing better to do. Idiotic to think it might be better to concentrate the efforts where you might save 10 lives versus hundreds. BLM doesn't seem to GAF, why should I?

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Sometimes I think you just post counterpoints because you have nothing better to do.

Isn't that why all of us are here?:S You're not under the impression that any of your gabbling on here is useful in some concrete way, are you?

Idiotic to think it might be better to concentrate the efforts where you might save 10 lives versus hundreds.

But again, that was the entire argument of the pro Electoral College crowd. That the President should not be focussed on what is happening in big cities simply because those issues affect more people - he should be equally focussed on rural, small town and small state issues even if it benefits far fewer people.

If you think that logic is idiotic then great - but just be aware that you're not calling me idiotic, you're calling everyone who supports the EC system (that brought Trump into power) idiotic.

Second, that entire line of argument is irrelevant since law enforcement is largely a local issue. The resources Florida use fighting crime in West Palm Beach have no impact on the resources Chicago has available for it's PD. It's not an either/or proposition, the two will succeed or fail entirely independent of one another.

Second, that entire line of argument is irrelevant since law enforcement is largely a local issue.

It's a local issue but you want to somehow tie it to the EC? Bill wants to make Trump responsible. You guys can figure it out.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Second, that entire line of argument is irrelevant since law enforcement is largely a local issue.

It's a local issue but you want to somehow tie it to the EC?

I'm not tying the issue to the EC. I'm tying your argument to the polar opposite argument that you repeatedly made in favour of the EC. Please try to be less obtuse, it would make the conversation so much easier.

jakee

It's a local issue but you want to somehow tie it to the EC?

I'm not tying the issue to the EC. I'm tying your argument to the polar opposite argument that you repeatedly made in favour of the EC. Please try to be less obtuse, it would make the conversation so much easier.

Sorry. I'm taking lessons from Quade :P

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

***>746 murders vs. 23.

Maybe you're OK with not understanding the definition of "murder rate".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.