brenthutch

America First Energy Policy

"Sound energy policy begins with the recognition that we have vast untapped domestic energy reserves right here in America. The Trump Administration will embrace the shale oil and gas revolution to bring jobs and prosperity to millions of Americans. We must take advantage of the estimated $50 trillion in untapped shale, oil, and natural gas reserves, especially those on federal lands that the American people own. We will use the revenues from energy production to rebuild our roads, schools, bridges and public infrastructure. Less expensive energy will be a big boost to American agriculture, as well."

My prayers have been answered!

The industry was already doing that. So well in fact that the market became oversupplied and the price collapsed. How does the new administration change that?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

brenthutch

No, is is posted on whitehouse.gov, it's not promises it's policy.

Mama always said "policy is as policy does". Is there a specific project you think will flow from this?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***No, is is posted on whitehouse.gov, it's not promises it's policy.

Mama always said "policy is as policy does". Is there a specific project you think will flow from this?

Well, Trump talks about the "revenues" from the resources on federal lands. And using those revenues for infrastructure and other stuff.

Given that the current cost for leasing government land is next to nothing, how is he going to raise those?

Raise rates? Big Oil won't let that happen (they own enough of congress that it won't happen).

Have the government drill for the oil and keep the money? Not gonna happen (no capability and Big Oil won't stand for the competition).

How?

Not to mention that commercial oil shale drilling has pretty much stopped. Oil prices are too low for it to be profitable.

Or is it just something that sounds good? And of course, all the Trumpeters go bananas over it, claiming that it's the best thing ever.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

******No, is is posted on whitehouse.gov, it's not promises it's policy.

Well, Trump talks about the "revenues" from the resources on federal lands. And using those revenues for infrastructure and other stuff.

Given that the current cost for leasing government land is next to nothing, how is he going to raise those?

Raise rates? Big Oil won't let that happen (they own enough of congress that it won't happen).

Have the government drill for the oil and keep the money? Not gonna happen (no capability and Big Oil won't stand for the competition).

How?

Not to mention that commercial oil shale drilling has pretty much stopped. Oil prices are too low for it to be profitable.

Or is it just something that sounds good? And of course, all the Trumpeters go bananas over it, claiming that it's the best thing ever.

US rig count up 19 rigs YOY. trump can really only deregulate environmental measures. Rest is dependent on world prices. My guess is that he will try to throw out all the regulations with the exception of Yellowstone and a few other parks.

http://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=28772

http://www.naturalgasintel.com/topics/395-drilling-rig-count-in-unconventional-basins

>That is what I am talking about; a slight relaxing of overburdensome regulations. Zero downside . . .

. . . other than damage to the environment, the loss of tens of thousands of jobs and an increased rate of extinction. But why should Trump care? He'll be dead before he sees much of that damage.

So the fuel in your Prius that comes from Saudi, is less damaging to the atmosphere than the fuel that is pumped via pipeline domestically...?

I guess the oil tankers in the ocean never killed anything.

Reducing the importation of oil and reducing the consumption of oil are two separate issues. In the meantime we all use oil.

Let alone the propping up of oppressive wahabist regimes that don't allow women to drive, but paid 5% of Hillary's campaign...

Shouldn't you be out in the streets wearing a pink tutu, waving the Saudi flag screaming Trump sux or something?

Stumpy

***he will try to throw out all the regulations with the exception of Yellowstone and a few other parks.

And quite right too. All that untouched and unused outdoor space is such a waste!

Well for trump all is not lost. With directional drilling he could license all the oil companies to put rigs right on the park borders and drill under all national parks.

Royreader8812

So the fuel in your Prius that comes from Saudi, is less damaging to the atmosphere than the fuel that is pumped via pipeline domestically...?

Reducing the importation of oil and reducing the consumption of oil are two separate issues. In the meantime we all use oil.

Let alone the propping up of oppressive wahabist regimes that don't allow women to drive, but paid 5% of Hillary's campaign...

Shouldn't you be out in the streets wearing a pink tutu, waving the Saudi flag screaming Trump sux or something?

Most Americans are not fans of the Saudis. If there is one thing that rising US energy production brings is the independence from the Arab oil markets. Green energy, technology in drilling will hopefully push Arab gulf oil exports to Asian markets.Good riddance.

The Saudi royals use Wahhabism just as the Iranians use Shia leadership to prop up the conservatives. Saudi's are less meddlesome in neighboring countries than Iranians. Both regimes are not democracies. Both are loathsome in the treatment of their populations.

>So the fuel in your Prius that comes from Saudi, is less damaging to the
>atmosphere than the fuel that is pumped via pipeline domestically...?

The fuel for my car comes from my roof. And yes, that is less damaging than oil pumped via pipeline domestically.

But in any case I have no problem drilling for oil domestically, provided it doesn't pollute the water we drink, the air we breathe or the lands we rely on for food.

>Let alone the propping up of oppressive wahabist regimes that don't allow women
>to drive, but paid 5% of Hillary's campaign...

Yep. Probably better than a president who was bought and paid for by Putin - but that's a different discussion.

>Shouldn't you be out in the streets wearing a pink tutu, waving the Saudi flag
>screaming Trump sux or something?

Shouldn't you be out "rolling coal" or threatening women at abortion clinics?

Royreader8812

Your mixture of fact, fiction, and insult is quite toxic.

So you are full electric, good on you. I will be too in the not so distant future. But we all still use oil.

In the future we may not need to, but that is a ways off.

Bought off by Putin... Lol. I believe the only charges are exposing corruption through alleged hacking, of which to this date, no proof or logical evidence has been forthcoming. But let's not dwell on that in this topic.

I am not really a Trump supporter, I am one of the many millions of people that simply prefer him to what was the status quo. I actually supported Bernie.

We didn't see anyone marching in the street when the 'Russian hackers'/wikileaks exposed the DNC screwing Bernie out of the slot... did we? Talk about fucking with democracy!

Trump says nothing about inhibiting modern energy technologies, he actually mentioned them in his speech.

Oil is plentiful in north America and the game plan of keeping it stashed for the future, while forcing other oil rich nations to let us all use theirs at pennies on the dollar at gun point, is not right. Nor cheaper.

It isn't better for the environment either.

I am glad it's price has slumped and demand is down... The demand at least will continue to decline, as the model 3 Tesla rolls off the line next year and other vehicle companies struggle to compete with that.

House batteries are becoming the new black in the auto industry... There is no stopping solar energy and the storage of it from out dating fossil fuels. The climate forecast charts do not account for this. Nor do they account for the massive reduction in vehicles on the road (electricity not) that come with automated systems and ride sharing. Heck there are two public share cars parked right out the front of the apartment I am staying in right now.

So it Is time to stop making the Saudis so wealthy and let the USA use their oil.

If you have solar panels and an electric car, you should understand the massive shift that is about to take place. So you should then understand how an America first energy policy should be beneficial to all... except the Saudis.

>But we all still use oil. In the future we may not need to, but that is a ways off.

We will always need oil. It's too important an industrial feedstock to give up; it goes into everything from plastics to pharmaceuticals to paint.

>Bought off by Putin... Lol.

I guess we'll see if Trump starts handing out favors to Russia.

>Trump says nothing about inhibiting modern energy technologies, he actually
>mentioned them in his speech.

Great! If he supports them, I am for that.

>Oil is plentiful in north America and the game plan of keeping it stashed for the
>future while forcing other oil rich nations at gun point, to let us all use theirs at
>pennies on the dollar, is not right.

I agree. Fortunately no one is proposing that. Gas prices are 55% of what they were in 2008, and that is due mainly to increase in North American oil production and increases in fuel efficiencies for vehicles. Increased supply, reduced demand - the classic formula for reduced prices.

>House batteries are becoming the new black in the auto industry... There is no
>stopping solar energy and the storage of it from out dating fossil fuels. The
>climate forecast charts do not account for this. Nor do they account for the
>massive reduction in vehicles on the road that come with automated systems
>and ride sharing.

The IPCC has four main scenario groups. Two of them (A2 and B2) take into account aggressive efforts (like the ones you list above) to reduce CO2 emissions.

>So it Is time to stop making the Saudis so wealthy and let the USA use their oil.

I agree. In 2015 we imported 2.89 mmbd of oil from all OPEC countries; we exported 4.7 mmbd of oil. And that has continued through 2016 although final numbers aren't in yet. Oil production in the US is at a 43 year high. And while there have been some problems with fracking, new regulations are reducing spills, water contamination and blowouts even while production is increasing. That seems like a pretty good situation to be in; we should keep doing that.

Imagine what we can do with an administration that is not hostile to America's interests.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Saudi-Arabia-Surrenders-To-US-Shale.html

"It has come about due to Riyadh’s belated, horrified understanding that it has utterly lost control over the energy market, running through its capital reserves in the process. Rather than young, feckless Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman using Saudi Arabia’s John D Rockefeller strategy to permanently drive U.S. shale out of the energy market, the exact opposite result has occurred. Unwittingly, the Saudis have made the Americans the new global energy swing producer, the permanent ceiling for the global price of oil."