RonD1120

Conservative Opinion on Election from England

quade

Hey, I'm still trying to figure out how any of it somehow gives him any more credibility WRT an opinion on the election.

Essentially, who gives a F?

He does, apparently. And he probably thinks his credibility is higher because he knows the word count of his posts. :P

We? People who post on internet forums? No, can't really say I am aware of that to be honest.

Of course you wouldn't be aware of the emphasis publishers and authors place on word count. As an author, I aim for a completed manuscript of 85,000 to 115,000 words. As a sub-editor, the word count is an indication of how long it might take to get through. For a publisher, it's how many printed pages will end up between front and back covers, a factor in production costs. How silly of me to suggest you would know any of that. But inasmuch as you seem an expert on everything else, I thought just maybe... Nope, wrong again.

SkyDekker

***Hey, I'm still trying to figure out how any of it somehow gives him any more credibility WRT an opinion on the election.

He does, apparently. And he probably thinks his credibility is higher because he knows the word count of his posts. :P

I'm curious if anyone knows the number of words cranked out by Ted Kaczynski? ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

Hey, I'm still trying to figure out how any of it somehow gives him any more credibility WRT an opinion on the election.

I can't find where I said that anything gave me more credibility regarding an opinion on the election. Can you? Just out of curiosity, do you think the opinion of anyone else has more credibility?

Hoop

***Hey, I'm still trying to figure out how any of it somehow gives him any more credibility WRT an opinion on the election.

I can't find where I said that anything gave me more credibility regarding an opinion on the election.

Then why even bring up your writing?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

billvon

***The publishing world isn't your strong suit, is it? The brags about your qualifications as an editor might be more impressive if you knew how to accurately quote someone else's post.

Ya think it might have something to do with the clicks on a forum being of such supreme irrelevance? No, no, you wouldn't think that. Maybe it's because this is the only forum I've ever posted on. Betcha you'll be even more shocked when I say that my list of essential gear doesn't even include a cellphone. Shocking, eh?

Of course you wouldn't be aware of the emphasis publishers and authors place on word count. As an author, I aim for a completed manuscript of 85,000 to 115,000 words. As a sub-editor, the word count is an indication of how long it might take to get through. For a publisher, it's how many printed pages will end up between front and back covers, a factor in production costs. How silly of me to suggest you would know any of that. But inasmuch as you seem an expert on everything else, I thought just maybe... Nope, wrong again.

What makes you think I don't know any of that? Looks like you're wrong about the way in which you're wrong, which is quite an achievement!:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Hoop

Well, your "logic reasoning" is as immaculate and smooth as … let’s see, I’ll use a favourite novel I haven’t read in awhile. How about Mikhail Sholokhov’s Pulitzer Prize-winning And Quiet Flows the Don? I wouldn’t recommend trying it in the original first time. My final exam in college was based on it, but there’s so much archaic Russian vernacular that I really struggled. It's fun dipping into occasionally nowadays but I've forgotten so much vocabulary I need a dictionary at my elbow. There are, however, some excellent English translations. Have a look and you’ll see it’s as smooth as your "logic reasoning". Just a suggestion.

Ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod - you've read a foreign novel?!? In a foreign language!?! That is just so cool! Can I have your autograph:$
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***Well, your "logic reasoning" is as immaculate and smooth as … let’s see, I’ll use a favourite novel I haven’t read in awhile. How about Mikhail Sholokhov’s Pulitzer Prize-winning And Quiet Flows the Don? I wouldn’t recommend trying it in the original first time. My final exam in college was based on it, but there’s so much archaic Russian vernacular that I really struggled. It's fun dipping into occasionally nowadays but I've forgotten so much vocabulary I need a dictionary at my elbow. There are, however, some excellent English translations. Have a look and you’ll see it’s as smooth as your "logic reasoning". Just a suggestion.

Ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod - you've read a foreign novel?!? In a foreign language!?! That is just so cool! Can I have your autograph:$

High School for me included Latin, Greek, English, Dutch, German and French. But I am very impressed he read a novel in a foreign language. Appears to be the highlight of his life too.

A couple I’ve known for three decades sat at my table a couple of years ago gushing over Obama. When I hazarded my own opinions, the wife, with expression and tone more suitable to enquiring if I had an incurable cancer, whispered, “Are you a racist?”

What was it you said about Obama that led them to incorrectly assume
you're racist?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher