mirage62

CNN- for Clinton?

I would say that anyone paying attention to what is going on should be against Trump by now. People in the media are very close to the action, it's their job. How could anyone watch this guy day after day and pretend that it would be alright if he wins?

Even large parts of the leadership of his own party have warned America he is unacceptable. There is no need at all to slam Trump, all you need to do is listen to what he says and watch what he does.

Soon your National Nightmare will be over. The whole world will breath easier when this cartoon charade is done. Except of course in Russia, home of Trump's biggest supporters.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

mirage62

I know....I know Fox sucks.....

But CNN sure seems to be in the tank for Clinton. Adding "racist" to a comment from Trump.....

The press has lost the moral high ground

Why is accurate reporting losing "the moral high ground"?

Trump has made sexist and racist remarks throughout the campaign. He has insulted POWs and those with disabilities.

Is the press supposed to ignore these in order to hold "the moral high ground"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Was it the comment about profiling that they called "racial" profiling when he called for (actually) Muslim and country of origin (I.e. No -Israeli middle-eastern) profiling?

"Racial" doesn't only apply to black vs white; it's not the same as country of origin, either, though.

Regardless, as long as we're profiling based on general )easy and cheap) characteristics, rather than based on individual behavior and characteristics, we're going to not only throw out a lot of babies with the bath water, but we're going to build a whole new class of pissed off people while we're at it.

"Easy and cheap" processes generally lead to "easy and cheap" results. Not accurate ones. Do you want your medicines developed that way? I don't.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

rather than based on individual behavior and characteristics,

did you know this is one of the defined microaggressions
(sadly)

that aside - I very much agree with your entire post. I'm seeing both camps abusing it with broad brush crap posts. (yes, I appreciate the irony of that statement using the term 'camps')

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

mirage62

I know....I know Fox sucks.....

But CNN sure seems to be in the tank for Clinton. Adding "racist" to a comment from Trump.....

The press has lost the moral high ground

The press lost the moral high ground a while back.

They (all of them) have been giving Trump a free pass, while grilling Clinton like cops in a bad 50s movie. The interviews with Matt Lauer are a prime example of this.

Trump's bankruptcies, hiring of illegal immigrants, tax evasion (property tax), mob ties (both US & Russian), and on and on. The list is extensive. Yet completely ignored by the mainstream media.

And this is leaving alone all of his campaign behaviors. Calls for violence against protesters, bigotry, xenophobia, sexism. Again, the list is lengthy yet remains largely ignored.

Trump was right in his old interview (People?). He's simply telling the "non-elite" republicans exactly what they want to hear. Largely scapegoating immigrants (Mexican & Muslim), bullying his opponents, proposing impossible, yet appealing "solutions". And his numbers go through the roof.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Why is accurate reporting losing "the moral high ground"?

John when a "news" source ADDS words - or deletes words (as they did for Hillary) you call that ACCURATE reporting?

Basically your saying that they can actually modify a quote to fit a predetermined narrative? It's fine to say we think Trump is a bigot - but to change a quote????

Even you know that's bs.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Soon your National Nightmare will be over. The whole world will breath easier when this cartoon charade is done

That's were your wrong. Yes I believe Hillary will win. Gary Johnson won't get in the debates and even if he did I doubt he would get a lot of traction.

But our "national nightmare" will not be over and it won't be NOT because Hillary got elected. While the "world" may hate Trump (I don't like him) these people that support him now aren't going to just fall in line. The discontentment will continue to grow. Trump wasn't the right candidate but for many of us Clinton wasn't either.

While you may sleep better with Hillary (can't say as I blame you) many of us here in America don't like the direction of our country and that won't change.

What words did they add or delete?

[/url]http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/09/20/racial-profiling-cnn-falsely-accuses-trump/[url]

Deleted the word "bomb" when Clinton spoke when everyone was criticizing Trump for jumping the gun....

mirage62

What words did they add or delete?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/09/20/racial-profiling-cnn-falsely-accuses-trump/

Deleted the word "bomb" when Clinton spoke when everyone was criticizing Trump for jumping the gun....

Please don't tell me that you believe anything Breitbart prints. Please.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

While you may sleep better with Hillary (can't say as I blame you) many of us here in America don't like the direction of our country and that won't change.

This is what I do not completely understand. America has never been stronger or richer than it is right now. The only thing I can see about the direction of the country that these people object to is the demographic change to white people no longer being the absolute majority. They better start breeding if they want to change that fact. Electing Trump, or any other POTUS will make no difference at all.

Just what do you mean by disliking the direction the country is going? Seriously, what does that mean if not becoming less white?

And more to the point, just what direction Trump is in favor of would these disaffected people like to move in? I have not heard one good plan come out of his campaign. Not one.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

headoverheels

CNN seems to have been particularly irked the other day when Trump had his event to announce that he was renouncing the birther stance , and then he made almost no mention about it at all, using it for free media publicity time, until the very end in a statement of maybe 12 seconds.

I was on the road that day and listening to NPR. They were rather annoyed at Trump playing them for free hotel publicity as well. No one likes being taken for a fool.

DanG

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me like 576 times , shame on me .

But if they stop airing every "important policy announcement" live in prime time they will be accused of being Clinton's Super PAC.

Maybe if they say "He claimed it was an 'important policy announcement', but it was just a bunch of hot air and bullshit, like usual" it would make a point.

I doubt it would affect his poll numbers, but at least the "major media" could start calling him out on his shenanigans.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>But CNN sure seems to be in the tank for Clinton. Adding "racist" to a comment
>from Trump.....
>The press has lost the moral high ground

I think the press is regaining the moral high ground. Calling out racism, correcting errors and fairly moderating debates is part of their job. It's not moral to give equal time (and equal weight to the opinions of) the US justice system and Timothy McVeigh, for example.

This is what I do not completely understand. America has never been stronger or richer than it is right now.

That's just not true. While the rich have gotten richer the middle class is taking it up the butt. The stock market is up but many people don't have tons of stocks.

The only thing I can see about the direction of the country that these people object to is the demographic change to white people no longer being the absolute majority

I don't know where that's coming from. I happen to be white but I am being honest that I haven't been thinking remotely that.

Just what do you mean by disliking the direction the country is going? Seriously, what does that mean if not becoming less white?

Many Americans are worried about the amount of support that be paid out to people. No it isn't that we don't believe in welfare but the entitlement society we seem to be heading towards.

The lack of people being able to take responsibility for themselves. The idea that having a baby isn't a personal responsibility. The idea that a women shouldn't be in control of her on body is nuts - but somewhere we lost the idea that a women is also responsible for her body. For many Americans it seems that there are two groups the haves (rich) and have not's (poor) - we are worried about the ability to move up. And my favorite (this is personal to me) I am tired on one party saying pay my fair share when in total I'm close to 50% taxes...and that particular party wants MORE. They talk that they will get BP.....but they end up getting me.

And more to the point, just what direction Trump is in favor of would these disaffected people like to move in? I have not heard one good plan come out of his campaign. Not one.

And for the 1,000th time :P - I am NOT a Trump supporter, nor Hillary. I don't suspect you will hear a good plan come out of either of them. My sorrow is Gary Johnson won't even have a real chance to present his idea's. (They may not be good - I've read what I can though)

That's just not true. While the rich have gotten richer the middle class is taking it up the butt. The stock market is up but many people don't have tons of stocks.

There is a problem with income distribution. It's not the first time in history for this. I see it largely as a side effect of globalization. That kicks the feet out from under the working class while making things cheaper for all, but mostly benefiting the more educated highly skilled classes. There is still a need for workers, but the demand is lower which causes their wages to fall. If you don't like what your Walmart clerk job pays, too bad for you. You don't have a union, and there are plenty more where you came from.

It's only going to get worse as technology displaces more and more people. I'm a truck driver. That occupation is going to start shrinking soon. I'm old enough that I'll be OK, but younger drivers will end up competing for the remaining, more complicated jobs that computer driven trucks can't do.

Right now there is a driver shortage. Which means that uneducated people like me can still make a decent living at it. But not much longer. There will still be work when the Interstates become automated. but far less of it and at lower wages.

I don't want to be a Luddite. I'm not suggesting we turn back the clock on this, but something must be done. Some form of a higher minimum wage may be the answer. But that is an artificial market manipulation that is bound to have unintended consequences. Like attracting hoards of immigrants, some without permission.

Yeah it is Mark....

For example interest deduction on a house loan..... that sure doesn't seem fair to people that don't have a house.

I can go on but I think you probably understood the point I was trying to make man.