StreetScooby

So, my thread has been blocked...

>You can be pretty silly sometimes in your replies

"The problem is males" - silly
"The problem is blacks" - just common sense; after all, they commit most of the crime

>I think we've gotten as far as we can here.

Looks like you certainly have. If you cannot discuss crime without using racial slurs then you're not going to be able to discuss the topic here.

Coreeece

***Why is the ability to call these people niggers so important to you?

I think the day that word loses it's power would be a good day for black people. . .

I'm just waiting for the double standard to die. Either let everyone say it or no one say it, preferably the latter.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

StreetScooby

Focus on the changeable for solutions, not the DNA.

And what would that be?

If we're going to group people, let's do it by things they can change: citizenship status, education, criminal record, income, religion, location, etc.

Bolas

******Why is the ability to call these people niggers so important to you?

I think the day that word loses it's power would be a good day for black people. . .

I'm just waiting for the double standard to die. Either let everyone say it or no one say it, preferably the latter.

The latter would only demonstrate that a problem still existed - let's just ignore it - it's easier that way.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Bolas

And what would that be?

If we're going to group people, let's do it by things they can change: citizenship status, education, criminal record, income, religion, location, etc.

You keep saying that - as if religion is so easy to change. If that's the case, then just believe in God. Have a little faith and be saved - you don't even have to tell anyone about it.

either let everybody say or nobody

yeah, kind of like how skydivers aren't allowed to say "hey asshole!"

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Such a stupid statement. It isn't a double standard, it is different consequences for different circumstances. Not sure if you are married or have a girlfriend, but in my house there are very different consequences to:

My wife's best friend calling her a bitch.
Me calling her a bitch.
You calling her a bitch.

This isn't a double standard, it is called life. Normally I would have figured most people should be smart enough to figure this out, but with Trump being a presidential nominee it is pretty clear a lot of people are significantly more stupid than I thought.

nolhtairt

******Why is the ability to call these people niggers so important to you?

Then maybe they can quit calling each other that. :S

If the word lost it's power, then it really wouldn't matter who said it - much like dago, wop, polack and cracker - nobody cares. The social issues surrounding the coinage/use of those terms aren't really relevant anymore - unlike those associated with spic, nigger and rag-head.

Those terms have power because people give them power. Some use it in a racist or bigoted manner, while others are just too damn sensitive.

Coreeece

And what would that be?

You keep saying that - as if religion is so easy to change. If that's the case, then just believe in God. Have a little faith and be saved - you don't even have to tell anyone about it.

Never said it was easy, just possible to change unlike DNA. :)

SkyDekker

Such a stupid statement. It isn't a double standard, it is different consequences for different circumstances. Not sure if you are married or have a girlfriend, but in my house there are very different consequences to:

My wife's best friend calling her a bitch.
Me calling her a bitch.
You calling her a bitch.

This isn't a double standard, it is called life. Normally I would have figured most people should be smart enough to figure this out, but with Trump being a presidential nominee it is pretty clear a lot of people are significantly more stupid than I thought.

Another double standard. When was the last time you heard a white person, other than Mike Birbiglia, say cracker?

Bolas

And what would that be?

Never said it was easy, just possible to change unlike DNA. :)
Of all the things you listed, religion (and maybe citizenship status?) are the only ones that are protected classes. You've said in the past that you think religion should lose that protection because it can be easily changed.

Bolas:
"Religion groups should not be a protected class as it's something people choose and can easily change."

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4801485;search_string=religion%20protected%20class%20can%20easily%20change;#4801485

Now maybe I've changed your mind in the last two months since we've discussed this, but I doubt it.

:)

Let me ask you -- are you an asshole? Is it a personal attack if I call you one?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Let me ask you -- are you an asshole? Is it a personal attack if I call you one?

Wendy P.

Not the point. Asshole is not a homophobic, racial, sexist, nor ethnic slur.

>Not the point. Asshole is not a homophobic, racial, sexist, nor ethnic slur.

So you are OK with that double standard.

Here's another one. On a certain 8 way team I was once doing video for, two female members used to call each other "bitch" all the time - surely a sexist slur. They thought it was funny. But if you call the woman at the DMV a bitch, she'd get mad! Another double standard.