brenthutch

Obama's legacy

The differancs, of course, is that Obamacare is actually failing.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-23/failing-obamacare-nonprofit-co-ops-add-to-death-spiral-fears

"“Are we in an Obamacare ‘death spiral?’” health insurance consultant Robert Laszewski asked in a Sept. 9 bulletin to clients, where he described the grim scenario. In a death spiral, as options for coverage shrink, insurers attract increasingly sick patients and suffer losses. That forces them to raise rates, driving away healthy, profitable customers. Facing more losses, they raise rates again, causing more healthy people to leave, and so on -- until all that’s left are high premiums and a small pool of the unwell."

brenthutch

It's like the Titanic, it is really big so it takes a while to go all of the way under, and like the Titanic it is no less doomed.

Do you notice that he isn't claiming you are wrong - he only attacks the way you put the information forth.

He and everyone else knows it was designed that way.

"You have to vote for it to see whats in it"!

That is the greatest policy ever - I think we should enact all laws by thinking that way.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

brenthutch

It's like the Titanic, it is really big so it takes a while to go all of the way under, and like the Titanic it is no less doomed.

We now know Obama lied about knowing HRC had a private server. Go figure...
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***It's like the Titanic, it is really big so it takes a while to go all of the way under, and like the Titanic it is no less doomed.

From what I have read, the FBI knew she had it because a staffer came to them with concerns.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******It's like the Titanic, it is really big so it takes a while to go all of the way under, and like the Titanic it is no less doomed.

From what I have read, the FBI knew she had it because a staffer came to them with concerns.

Yes. But Obamas lie was he learned about the server from the first news article about it. Now we know he used a fake name while corespondind with her on her private server.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hi brent,

Obama's legacy

I'm thinking this will have some effect on how people view him:

" The stock market has performed very well under President Obama. Through Sept. 1, 2016, the S&P 500 has posted average annual returns of 15.6 percent during his term, according to Morningstar -- higher than President Reagan’s 14.2 percent increase."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/sponsors/hartford-funds/Investors-Guide-to-the-Presidential-Debate/?adv=7671&prx_t=MU4CA2sQIAM0ANA&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral&sr_source=lift_taboola

Jerry Baumchen

brenthutch

Hi jerry,

You are right the 1% have done very well under Obama. I am more concerned with the less fortunate among us. More income inequality, more people in poverty. That makes me sad.

How is it anybody's fault those people are too lazy to work? If they wanted more money, they should just work harder. I mean everybody in the US gets the same opportunity right from the start, right?

SkyDekker

***Hi jerry,

You are right the 1% have done very well under Obama. I am more concerned with the less fortunate among us. More income inequality, more people in poverty. That makes me sad.

If they wanted more money, they should just work harder.

That is how I did it. If there is an easier way, could you share it with the rest of us?

That is how I did it. If there is an easier way, could you share it with the rest of us?

Then why is it Obama's fault that the less fortunate aren't doing better?

(Note: they are doing better, but not in conservative land, where blacks were better under slavery and the unemployment rate is still very high)

- Dan G

DanG

Then why is it Obama's fault that the less fortunate aren't doing better?

(Note: they are doing better, but not in conservative land, where blacks were better under slavery and the unemployment rate is still very high)

Would you care to back that up with some numbers?

Would you care to back that up with some numbers?

Not really. You'll just cherry pick some time in the past when whatever metric I pick was better and say that the reduction was Obama's fault.

For instance, what's your take on the increase in real average hourly earnings over the last ten years? See attached from BLS.

- Dan G

Higher wages at the expense of jobs.[:/]
Average THI (total household income) is less now than when Obama took office. Household wealth less, poverty more, income inequality more, workforce participation less, government dependence more. It would seem a fools errand to polish that turd, but go ahead and be my guest.

...and typically less jobs to satisfy the ever increasing population. They'll try to tell you that unemployment is down, but this just means more people working less hours - and in many cases - at a lower wage.

Globalization has screwed us - and the only fix is through a unified global system - which is what they want. That's been the plan for quite awhile now, which is why our current system has been redesigned for failure.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

billvon

>Then why is it Obama's fault that the less fortunate aren't doing better?

I didn't work very hard and now I'm not making much money? THANKS OBAMA!

As good liberals, you should know that not all people have the same opportunities, nor ability. When the "disabled" are shit on and their opportunities taken away, presidents are typically blamed and take the heat for it - except Obama, of course.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

DanG

Well, I just looked at the average household income according to the Census Bureau, and you're wrong, so I won't bother looking at the rest of your metrics.

Would you like to provide sources?

Census Bureau, last full year was 2014, if you have more recent data, I will concede the point. So what about my other metrics?

Workforce participation is down and government dependence is up because boomers are retiring. It will continue to go up regardless of who is president.

I don't feel like continuing to do your research for you. Unless you provide sources other that your feels, I'm done.

- Dan G