muff528

Looks Like the Wall is Going to be Built After All

Giblet

What?

No. Really... WHAT? I've seen some asinine arguments made here in the cause of 'my side vs your side', but this one is a doozie.

Please - explain how you're drawing parallels between either a temporary security fence for a venue for a particular event or an increased height of the steel fence around the White House to a permanent 2,000 mile, 35ft concrete wall.

I really want to hear how this is a political argument. Go for it. Make it Dems vs Republicans...

Seriously - I work in construction and I tell you this. If Trump gets in and builds his famous wall, I'll be the first bidding for the project. And here's why... it'll be such a fucking boondoggle that I'm going to be able to retire from it. I'll make an absolute fortune. And you'll pay for it.

yoink

What?

No. Really... WHAT? I've seen some asinine arguments made here in the cause of 'my side vs your side', but this one is a doozie.

Please - explain how you're drawing parallels between either a temporary security fence for a venue for a particular event or an increased height of the steel fence around the White House to a permanent 2,000 mile, 35ft concrete wall.

I really want to hear how this is a political argument. Go for it. Make it Dems vs Republicans...

Seriously - I work in construction and I tell you this. If Trump gets in and builds his famous wall, I'll be the first bidding for the project. And here's why... it'll be such a fucking boondoggle that I'm going to be able to retire from it. I'll make an absolute fortune. And you'll pay for it.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/pay-for-the-wall

I'm sure that Mexicans will be happy to fund your retirement!

That's really an example of his idiocy.

I couldn't agree more, however, I think the point is all politicians are full of shit. You can't argue that we "should be building bridges and not walls", and advocate erecting a wall (albeit temporary) to protect yourself.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

"They receive approximately $24 billion a year in remittances from Mexican nationals working in the United States. The majority of that amount comes from illegal aliens. It serves as de facto welfare for poor families in Mexico. There is no significant social safety net provided by the state in Mexico."

The majority of that from poor people working at near minimum wages doing jobs that nobody else will do. Wanting to help poor families in Mexico. Twenty four billion represents six days spending by the US defense department.

Trump could have said that the money should come from the big business that employ illegal aliens.... But those are republican voters.

DiverMike

I couldn't agree more, however, I think the point is all politicians are full of shit. You can't argue that we "should be building bridges and not walls", and advocate erecting a wall (albeit temporary) to protect yourself.

Any liberal who ives in a house is a hypocrite!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Any liberal who ives in a house is a hypocrite!

Well, no... not exactly....

Any liberal that doesn't open up his house to allow illegal aliens to waltz in and out as they please is a hypocrite though....

Same goes to any liberal that doesn't allow Bernie Sanders rioters, Occupy Wallstreet bums, or Black Lives Matters thugs into their house either....B|
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything