billvon

2015 sets new record for warming

rushmc

Why are you so afraid to tell us what you drive? Is it a Prius or something?

Afraid?:D

I have posted this before.

My daily driver is a 94 chevy 1 ton. It has a 1975 block 383 stroker with an Eldbrock carb. Computer is disconnected with no catalytic converter. 380k miles. It is my hobby along with building AR15 rifles.

What are you afraid of?:D

In that case, your carbon footprint will be way way higher than mine.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

My daily driver is a 94 chevy 1 ton. It has a 1975 block 383 stroker with an Eldbrock carb. Computer is disconnected with no catalytic converter. 380k miles. It is my hobby along with building AR15 rifles.

And I Am not a hypocrit. You cant say this
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

But it does make it silly that you were calling Kallend out for having a high carbon footprint.

SkyDekker

How do you know I can't afford them?

Because you would be bragging about it.

Failed mind reading at its finest yet again:D:D

Ya, I am a big braggart :D:D
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

But it does make it silly that you were calling Kallend out for having a high carbon footprint.

Not at all
I am not the one trying to stuff my ideals down his throat
Like you do to

If you care to go back and pay attention, I have not called him out for having a high carbon footprint

I called him out for not walking the talk

I bet the same could be said for you

Do as you say, not as do!

The only one here who I know walks the talk is Bill (except for his skydiving)

In the end I really don't care
But I call a hypocrite out when I see one

Two fails in a row
You started this Thursday morning off on a roll:D
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Failed mind reading at its finest yet again:D:D

Ya, I am a big braggart :D:D

Saying what you would do isn't mind reading; saying what you would think would be mind reading.

You have a really hard time being right.

I am not the one trying to stuff my ideals down his throat

Yes you do, you are constantly on here telling people how stupid they are for believing in global climate change. You are worse than a Jehova's Witness.

I called him out for not walking the talk

You have no idea what he has done to minimize his carbon footprint within the hobbies he enjoys. He might be fully engaged in reducing his carbon footprint as much as possible. Just because you drive or fly doesn't mind you cannot be mindful of climate change.

In the end I really don't care

You keep saying that, yet you keep posting about it. At length. No need to keep lying about it.

SkyDekker

Pathetic fail on your part

:D
Abraham Lincoln

Another pathetic fail

I am not trying to affect your life style

All you alarmists are

And then you say I tell people they are stupid

Another fail or projection

What have YOU done to shrink your footprint? (not that I really care) Or are you a hypocrite too?

Now I am a liar??:D

No dude. I really don't care about your footprint other than to point out your hypocrisy

Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

What have YOU done to shrink your footprint?

***I really don't care about your footprint

Now I am a liar??

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now you cherry pick to try and save your ass:D:D:D

Gotta say you are on a roll

Really dude
Put down the shovel and back away:D
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

You have no idea what he has done to minimize his carbon footprint within the hobbies he enjoys. He might be fully engaged in reducing his carbon footprint as much as possible. Just because you drive or fly doesn't mind you cannot be mindful of climate change.

But there is also the choice to not do any of those things.

Believing there is a problem and preaching about it, then doing the same things that contribute to it is pretty much the definition of hypocrisy.

Kinda like a heroin addict preaching about being clean from drugs as he shoots up.
Kinda like going to an AA meeting drunk.
Kinda like a protester of Oil usage protesting from a kayak made of petroleum products.

It's simply hypocritical, but neither you nor the other hypocrites will get it and admit it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

But there is also the choice to not do any of those things.

Believing there is a problem and preaching about it, then doing the same things that contribute to it is pretty much the definition of hypocrisy.

Kinda like a heroin addict preaching about being clean from drugs as he shoots up.
Kinda like a protester of Oil usage protesting from a kayak made of petroleum products.

It's simply hypocritical, but neither you nor the other hypocrites will get it and admit it.

Maybe it's a 12 step program. I've never been in one, but I believe the first step is admitting you have a problem. That's where most of us are. We know there is a problem, but we are not willing to give up our plastic kayaks, our sportcars, or our turbine rides to altitude.

Basically the whole argument we are having with Marc is over the fact that we have made the first step, and he has not. He is correct that for the most part, none of us have done squat about our concerns.

Except maybe Billvon.

So you are correct that there is hypocrisy here. You are incorrect at least in my case. I both see it and admit it.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I believe the first step is admitting you have a problem. That's where most of us are. We know there is a problem, but we are not willing to give up our plastic kayaks, our sportcars, or our turbine rides to altitude.

Why would we give that stuff up when it's much easier to just blame the evil coal companies and sacrifice the livelihoods of people like Marc instead of our hobbies? Problem solved.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

I was thinking more like a heroin addict, or a drunk, who is now sober but smokes.

Only for those who tend to believe in all or nothing propositions.

Coreeece

I believe the first step is admitting you have a problem. That's where most of us are. We know there is a problem, but we are not willing to give up our plastic kayaks, our sportcars, or our turbine rides to altitude.

Why would we give that stuff up when it's much easier to just blame the evil coal companies and sacrifice the livelihoods of people like Marc instead of our hobbies? Problem solved.

Interesting to hear a Repulican talk express concern about some ones livelihood. If people are too stupid to realize they are employed in a dying industry, they deserve to be unemployed. Go get another job and don't be so lazy.

Coreeece

Why? Because politics, which is the art of the possible. If and when we get serious about reducing CO2 emissions, the low hanging fruit will be first. Easy and cheap is to replace coal plants with gas plants for a reduction, and renewables such as wind and solar.

It won't be enough, but it's a start. It's an extremely large ship, and it's clear it won't be turned around in time to avoid damage. The goal now is to limit the damage. Marc works for a power company, not a coal company he will keep working. Coal miners won't keep their jobs, that industry is in trouble. And those people will lose high paying jobs. I have no answer for that pain, except to say that change has been occurring to others in the economy, there is nothing new about their story.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

SkyDekker

Interesting to hear a Repulican talk express concern about some ones livelihood.

Personal attacks seldom bother me and it's not often that I feel as insulted as I do now. That was uncalled for.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>>But it does make it silly that you were calling Kallend out for having a high carbon
>>footprint.

>Not at all
>I am not the one trying to stuff my ideals down his throat

You are an advocate for coal for at least two reasons you have alluded to here - you want to keep your job and you want cheap power. Thus you stuff your ideals down his throat quite literally, by advocating for a source of power that puts pollution in the air that he has to breathe.

billvon

>>But it does make it silly that you were calling Kallend out for having a high carbon
>>footprint.

>Not at all
>I am not the one trying to stuff my ideals down his throat

You are an advocate for coal for at least two reasons you have alluded to here - you want to keep your job and you want cheap power. Thus you stuff your ideals down his throat quite literally, by advocating for a source of power that puts pollution in the air that he has to breathe.

Nope
Nothing to do with my job
As you know, I would with the lines. Regardless of the power source I will have a job Fail #1
Second, there is no reason to increase power costs because of a lie. And higher cost power affects the lower income more than it does you or me
Third
The power plants we operate are among the cleanest in the US
And you make up numbers about how many people die from power plant pollution
I know, it is just a guess

So nice try

You are the one wanting to increase power costs for no reason
This is based on how YOU think people should live
Therefor YOU advocate change that is not needed

The stuffing is all yours

Nice twist attempt however
Abraham Lincoln

Kinda like a skydiver talking about safety.
Kinda like a gun owner talking about reducing violence.
Kinda like a fat doctor describing the benefits of dieting and exercise to his patients.

Also simply hypocritical by your standards - but that doesn't stop anyone here.