jgoose71

An American Story- The Battle of Athens

I thought this movie was awesome. While the acting isn't the greatest, it's based on true events. Here is the movie on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrR9Ye-Xj_0

And for those who don't have 1 hour 39 min, historical links to the event:
http://constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm
http://www.americanheritage.com/content/battle-athens

It's amazing the negative press these guys got in the aftermath also. Goes to show how little the Democratic party has changed in 70 years. But this story is a must for 2nd Amendment supporters.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

So full-scale shootouts and blowing up buildings is the best way to solve problems? WTF does "Democratic Party" have to do with this or do you have a software script that automatically interjects democrat/liberals into all your posts?

I understand you have a military background, but battlefield tactics don't really carry over into civilian matter resolution.

While you're watching movies; here's another:

Gun Crazy USA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZO30lPGm4
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

The moral of the story went way over your head. I can understand though if your from Europe. You guys have been conditioned to "Go along to get along."

It's better to submit to corruption and tyrants than to risk getting hurt, right? Besides, it's not your job to fight. You got people for that. Never mind if it's the people that are supposed to be protecting you that are abusing you, you got someone else you can call.

Just keep in mind that the Mayor knew the state Governor and no help was coming.

And yes, I do have a military background and every other issue that those guys faced when they got home I've had to face also (except for going "V" for Vendetta on the town hall that is) to include guys not fitting in, wives and husbands trying to figure out how to live together again, and suicide. I thought it was a really good movie.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

jgoose71

The moral of the story went way over your head. I can understand though if your from Europe. You guys have been conditioned to "Go along to get along."

Apparently you've never heard of Winston Churchill.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***The moral of the story went way over your head. I can understand though if your from Europe. You guys have been conditioned to "Go along to get along."

Yup, hardly any wars have ever been fought by Europeans. Just a long line of peace for centuries over there. What they need is some good old Yankee backbone to show them how to stand up for what's right.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

kallend

***The moral of the story went way over your head. I can understand though if your from Europe. You guys have been conditioned to "Go along to get along."

He should have said post 1950 Europe.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******The moral of the story went way over your head. I can understand though if your from Europe. You guys have been conditioned to "Go along to get along."

What wars do you think should have started in Europe in the last 70 years???

:S
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

*********The moral of the story went way over your head. I can understand though if your from Europe. You guys have been conditioned to "Go along to get along."

What wars could have been started?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Stumpy

*********The moral of the story went way over your head. I can understand though if your from Europe. You guys have been conditioned to "Go along to get along."

Are the Balkans not in Europe?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

It's amazing the negative press these guys got in the aftermath also.

It's amazing they got negative press for trying to kill policemen and election officials?

Goes to show how little the Democratic party has changed in 70 years.

Goes to show how little the cops have changed in 70 years.

"At about 3 p.m., Tom Gillespie, an African-American voter, was told by a Sheriff's deputy, "'Nigger, you can't vote here today!!'". Despite being beaten, Gillespie persisted; the enraged deputy shot him."
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

It's amazing the negative press these guys got in the aftermath also.

It's amazing they got negative press for trying to kill policemen and election officials?

Goes to show how little the Democratic party has changed in 70 years.

Goes to show how little the cops have changed in 70 years.

"At about 3 p.m., Tom Gillespie, an African-American voter, was told by a Sheriff's deputy, "'Nigger, you can't vote here today!!'". Despite being beaten, Gillespie persisted; the enraged deputy shot him."

So when recently did a cop beat and shoot a black man for trying to vote?

jakee

Is the reason for beating and shooting an innocent black man the important thing there?

Besides, when did the democratic party last do whatever that story was about?

It's all relevant you posted it, and said things have not changed, i asked when did that recently happen. So....

When did the police last beat and shoot an innocent black man? I dunno really, it's kinda hard to keep up with them!

But you're still not at all curious about when the democrats last did whatever it is jgoose is accusing them of doing?

jakee

When did the police last beat and shoot an innocent black man? I dunno really, it's kinda hard to keep up with them!

But you're still not at all curious about when the democrats last did whatever it is jgoose is accusing them of doing?

So by your post, one can come to the conclusion that, you can avoid the specific question and insert your own. the question matters little to you, so you twist it to avoid answering, simply because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Threats genuine, isn't it?

That's intellectual honesty.

That's honor.

Isn't it?

So by your post, one can come to the conclusion that, you can avoid the specific question and insert your own. the question matters little to you, so you twist it to avoid answering, simply because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Eh?

Threats genuine, isn't it?

What threat?

That's intellectual honesty.

If you and cvfd were being honest you'd acknowledge that the statement was only made to illustrate the flaw in jgoose's OP.

Which he still doesn't seem to want to examine in any way.

jakee

If you and cvfd were being honest you'd acknowledge that the statement was only made to illustrate the flaw in jgoose's OP.

Which he still doesn't seem to want to examine in any way.

Where I'm at right now I don't have internet access like the rest of the world, so don't have hurt feelings if I don't respond right away. You are not my priority.

Also, I'm sorry you see a flaw in my OP. It's about sometimes having to take action when evil is in your face, like the Americans who stopped the mass shooting on the train to Paris.

YOU are the first line of defense when things like this happen. Or you can cower and wait to take a bullet to the head while waiting for a real man to arrive....usually carrying a gun...YMMV

But in UK, Paris, Gemany, etc... you gave away your right to self defense to the government. Hopefully your government doesn't turn on you, cops start abusing you, or whatever....

jakee

Define innocent. If someone, regardless of ethnicity is in process of committing a crime, have just committed a crime, and/or have warrants out for their arrest, they're not innocent.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

***When did the police last beat and shoot an innocent black man? I dunno really, it's kinda hard to keep up with them!

Define innocent. If someone, regardless of ethnicity is in process of committing a crime, have just committed a crime, and/or have warrants out for their arrest, they're not innocent.

Um, yes they are, under the law.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

As opposed to the media where you are guilty until they say otherwise.

Or falsely innocent until they are forced to admit otherwise.

Where I'm at right now I don't have internet access like the rest of the world, so don't have hurt feelings if I don't respond right away. You are not my priority.

I wasn't talking about you, cupcake.

Also, I'm sorry you see a flaw in my OP. It's about sometimes having to take action when evil is in your face, like the Americans who stopped the mass shooting on the train to Paris.

OK, so the thing that hasn't changed about the Democratic Party is that they take action, like the American and French people who stopped the shooting on that train.

But in UK, Paris, Gemany, etc... you gave away your right to self defense to the government.

Wait, so the people on the train didn't defend themselves?

This is getting confusing.

Bolas

***When did the police last beat and shoot an innocent black man? I dunno really, it's kinda hard to keep up with them!

Yeah. And?

jakee

******When did the police last beat and shoot an innocent black man? I dunno really, it's kinda hard to keep up with them!

Yeah. And?

I'd still like to know when the most recent black man was beaten and shot by a deputy for trying to vote.

jakee

******When did the police last beat and shoot an innocent black man? I dunno really, it's kinda hard to keep up with them!

Yeah. And?

So you agree with the definition.

So now that that's been defined, when did the police last beat and shoot an innocent black man?

Michael Brown sure doesn't qualify.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.