masterblaster72

Trump Is Right About 9/11

turtlespeed

How much of your own research have you done to confirm your ridiculous bronze age religion?

Probably not nearly as much as you've dedicated to denying the innate concept of God.

Innate?

Sure, why not? Practically every civilization has fancied the concept. Even some of your own elk believe that the idea of God is an evolutionary benefit.

Let's say that you started from scratch and that all of the external influence and knowledge of God had been erased. How long after observing the complexity and organization of creation would you look to the sky and ask who, what when where and why?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

How much of your own research have you done to confirm your ridiculous bronze age religion?

Probably not nearly as much as you've dedicated to denying the innate concept of God.

Innate?

Sure, why not? Practically every civilization has fancied the concept. Even some of your own elk believe that the idea of God is an evolutionary benefit.

Let's say that you started from scratch and that all of the external influence and knowledge of God had been erased. How long after observing the complexity and organization of creation would you look to the sky and ask who, what when where and why?

It is only benificial to the the psyche.

IF YOU NEED a crutch, then God is there to let your imagination help your mind cope with reality, by injecting myth and legend, so you can be subservient to someone, and let your self put the burden of ultimate responsibility on "someone else's" shoulders.

It's like a child needing direction from a parent.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Innate?

IF YOU NEED a crutch, then God is there to let your imagination help your mind cope with reality, by injecting myth and legend, so you can be subservient to someone, and let your self put the burden of ultimate responsibility on "someone else's" shoulders.

If that's your perspective on God then it's no wonder you spend so much energy suppressing it. I'd probably do the same thing if I shared that perspective, but I don't. Personally - in many ways - my life seemed much easier and less complicated when I didn't believe in God.

...But that's all beside the point. This is about the inherent idea of God that you seem to be ignoring.

If religion was completely obliterated from society/history, it wouldn't be long before it's resurgence - at least on a personal level.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

Innate?

If that's your perspective on God then it's no wonder you spend so much energy suppressing it. I'd probably do the same thing if I shared that perspective, but I don't. Personally - in many ways - my life seemed much easier and less complicated when I didn't believe in God.

...But that's all beside the point. This is about the inherent idea of God that you seem to be ignoring.

If religion was completely obliterated from society/history, it wouldn't be long before it's resurgence - at least on a personal level.

Which is why the bible says that the meek will inherit the earth.

It gives the meek some glimmer of hope.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

It seems like there is a good case that 9/11 should have been prevented, and some even believe the govt participated in it.
Without getting too far out on the fringe about it, I will note the massive loss of personal freedom that resulted from the attack. Also, please note the profit statements of Halliburton. I suspect that Cheney, if he didn't know it was coming, certainly was able to advance his agendas afterwards.
I thought they did a masterful job of portraying GWB as actually being stupid enough to not see it coming.
For me the choice is between incompetence and outright evil, and in my opinion they should stick with stupid.
But what do I know?

Coreeece

If organized religion was completely obliterated from society/history, it wouldn't be long before it's resurgence - at least on a personal level.

this would be a great thing - as modified

it belongs on a personal and community level - individuals should be able to have whatever they think they need to motivate them to be better

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

fasted3

It seems like there is a good case that 9/11 should have been prevented, and some even believe the govt participated in it.
Without getting too far out on the fringe about it, I will note the massive loss of personal freedom that resulted from the attack. Also, please note the profit statements of Halliburton. I suspect that Cheney, if he didn't know it was coming, certainly was able to advance his agendas afterwards.
I thought they did a masterful job of portraying GWB as actually being stupid enough to not see it coming.
For me the choice is between incompetence and outright evil, and in my opinion they should stick with stupid.

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world that black and white?

turtlespeed

Which is why the bible says that the meek will inherit the earth.

sure, but how long will they be able to keep it?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***Which is why the bible says that the meek will inherit the earth.

As long as there is no definitive proof of God. Or until the religions destroy us all in their attempt to meet their maker.

turtlespeed

******Which is why the bible says that the meek will inherit the earth.

As long as there is no definitive proof of God. Or until the religions destroy us all in their attempt to meet their maker.

sorry, my comment was in jest on the order of - How long can the meek keep anything once they get it?

I'll try harder in the future

fasted3

If good = white and evil = black, what shade of gray are you OK with?
It's not hard for me: hate = evil. Look for the hate.

So you agree with the statement, "You are either with us, or against us!"?

rehmwa

*********Which is why the bible says that the meek will inherit the earth.

sorry, my comment was in jest on the order of - How long can the meek keep anything once they get it?

I'll try harder in the future

I got it.

Ever hear of rhetorical question answer man?

turtlespeed

I remember Bush making that statement and thinking what an idiot he was for making it.
I was against both Bush wars, which I saw as evil, (and stupid.)
That answer your question?
But what do I know?

fasted3

I remember Bush making that statement and thinking what an idiot he was for making it.
I was against both Bush wars, which I saw as evil, (and stupid.)
That answer your question?

Not really. My question was more to the duplicity of being for one way of black and white thinking while condemning others.

OK, I'll put it like this:
If given the choice to be either with something or against it, I choose not to align with any cause I see as hateful, even a little bit.
Further, I will call out evil when I see it.
I condemn others if I think they deserve it, sure.
Now remember that I said GW might not be evil, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
But what do I know?

turtlespeed

Your Texican Hero in da White Hat.. certainly believed that form of leadership and yall just followed along at the ends of your little halters. :(

How many of your fellow Americans are needlessly dead because of his getting all butch and shit.

Amazon

Your Texican Hero in da White Hat.. certainly believed that form of leadership and yall just followed along at the ends of your little halters. :(

How many of your fellow Americans are needlessly dead because of his getting all butch and shit.

Was that English? Or did funjumper invade your keyboard?

And your assumptions are wrong.

But then, your assumptions usually are.

And about that "small" loan from Dad.

Donald Trump wants voters to think he made it on his own. This morning in New Hampshire he said his climb to the top in the business world had been hard. “My whole life really has been a ‘no’ and I fought through it. It has not been easy for me,” said Trump. “And you know I started off in Brooklyn, and my father gave me a small loan of a million dollars.”
My heart goes out to the young Donald whose dad would lend him only a million. True, a million dollars in 1968, when Donald was 22, is the equivalent of almost $7 million today. But, hey, even $7 million from your dad must have seemed like small potatoes compared to other billionaires whose dads were far more generous. Donald probably asked his dad for $10 million, and his dad said “no.” Tough life.
Robert Reich

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Trump took to Twitter to voice his discontent and also said that all candidates should "immediately disavow their Super PAC's."

You've got to give it to him, he really knows how to say what a lot of people want to hear. I like the sound of this one, for sure. It would be fun to see him nominated and then pummeled by whoever he runs against in the general election :)

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

>Donald probably asked his dad for $10 million, and his dad said “no.” Tough life.

That's true. His skinflint of a father refused to give him $10 million when he asked in 1990; he only gave him $3.4 million (about $6 million in today's dollars.) Liberals just can't understand the sort of financial hardships he went through. There were times he could barely afford a new yacht.

>You sound super jealous of his success.

Yes, that's it. I am jealous of his success. And I am afraid of guns. And I hate freedom. And probably children too.

Any other angles you'd like to use to try to bring this discussion further into the gutter?