Driver1

Another police shooting of unarmed suspects

Driver1

Those LA cops sure are trigger happy. :S

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/video-released-shows-police-killing-unarmed-man-in-la-suburb/ar-AAcYJOP

ETA the incident happened 2 years ago, they only just recently released the video.

This should be a warning to you...if officers who have their weapons drawn order you to keep you hands up...you better damn well do so, you could end up dead.

>This should be a warning to you...if officers who have their weapons drawn order
>you to keep you hands up...you better damn well do so, you could end up dead.

Yeah, that's the important lesson here. And the lesson of 9/11 is - don't work in tall office buildings. You could end up dead!

This should be a warning to you...if officers who have their weapons drawn order you to keep you hands up...you better damn well do so, you could end up dead.

That's one of the lessons here. But since the City of Gardena paid $4.7 million to settle the lawsuit there may be more than just one lesson to be learned.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

>This should be a warning to you...if officers who have their weapons drawn order
>you to keep you hands up...you better damn well do so, you could end up dead.

Yeah, that's the important lesson here. And the lesson of 9/11 is - don't work in tall office buildings. You could end up dead!

Just trying to be helpful...don't want anyone needlessly getting killed for not following orders from a guy with a gun in his hands.

Tall buildings are a killer. I've seen someone pull a Peter Pan off the Williams Tower in Houston several years back. As Hook would say..."Bad Form"

Sigh..... America..... I love you all. But from outside, here's my take on this. You live with your 2nd amendment and the majority of you love your gun rights. I know, it isn't everyone, but most of you insist that your guns "protect" you. Now your police are faced with a citizenry that walks and drives the streets armed. They all want to go home at the end of their shifts and see their families, like everyone else. They pretty much need to assume that everyone they face is armed. Is it any wonder they sometimes get trigger happy? It's just one of the many ways you pay the price for insisting on the right to bear arms.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Sigh..... America..... I love you all. But from outside, here's my take on this. You live with your 2nd amendment and the majority of you love your gun rights. I know, it isn't everyone, but most of you insist that your guns "protect" you. Now your police are faced with a citizenry that walks and drives the streets armed. They all want to go home at the end of their shifts and see their families, like everyone else. They pretty much need to assume that everyone they face is armed. Is it any wonder they sometimes get trigger happy? It's just one of the many ways you pay the price for insisting on the right to bear arms.

Pssst... I watch CBC news on channel 99 out of Vancouver eh....including The National with Peter Mansbridge and it seems Canuckistan is NOT the panacea from gun violence you wish to foster.... eh

Just a view from outside

And then there is this.....
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/15/torontos-gun-crime-stats-have-spiked

I know. Your f...ing guns are leaking across the border into the hands of our gangs. They used to mostly knife fight, but access to guns is now easier. Vancouver is practically on the border, and Toronto is only an hour and a half from Buffalo.

But despite that, a quick check will show you the the rate of death from guns is 5 times higher in the US than in Canada. The fact that it's as high as it is here is one of the prices we pay for living so close to you. But I still love the USA and would not ask for a different neighbour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

>But despite that, a quick check will show you the the rate of death from guns is
>5 times higher in the US than in Canada.

That's because guns keep you safe! I don't know how you Canucks can live up there like that, cowering in fear because you don't have enough guns . . . .

Amazon

Pssst... I watch CBC news on channel 99 out of Vancouver eh....including The National with Peter Mansbridge and it seems Canuckistan is NOT the panacea from gun violence you wish to foster.... eh

Just a view from outside

That's not so bad. If you assume that the rate will stay constant it still puts Toronto (in a really bad year) significantly safer in terms of firearm homicides than NYC, supposedly the new gold standard of safe US cities.

Compare it to any other randomly chosen large US city and it's not even funny. You guys would kill to have all your cities as safe as Toronto, though I guess that's kinda the problem...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***Pssst... I watch CBC news on channel 99 out of Vancouver eh....including The National with Peter Mansbridge and it seems Canuckistan is NOT the panacea from gun violence you wish to foster.... eh

Just a view from outside

That's not so bad. If you assume that the rate will stay constant it still puts Toronto (in a really bad year) significantly safer in terms of firearm homicides than NYC, supposedly the new gold standard of safe US cities.

Compare it to any other randomly chosen large US city and it's not even funny. You guys would kill to have all your cities as safe as Toronto, though I guess that's kinda the problem...

I think t is a safety issue in damn near any city in most of the world.. cities just seem to draw on the worst in all of our societies.... because of the amount of people available to be victimized..... Please do not tell me Brit cities safe to go about in during the wrong part of town in the wrong part of the 24 hour crime cycle... you may not be shot.... but scumbags be scumbags no matter where you travel.... a healthy set of street smarts really does help... and do not interfere with scumbag bidness... they do not like competition.

Comparitively speaking, yeah, I'm going to tell you exactly that.

I'm also going to tell you that any major US city with the shooting stats of Toronto would be held up as the achievement of the impossible dream and a shining beacon of success for whatever policy made it that way. So yeah, it's pretty much the gun violence panacea:P

jakee

Comparitively speaking, yeah, I'm going to tell you exactly that.

I'm also going to tell you that any major US city with the shooting stats of Toronto would be held up as the achievement of the impossible dream and a shining beacon of success for whatever policy made it that way. So yeah, it's pretty much the gun violence panacea:P

ATTN WORLD.... no criminals in LONDON.... Manchester.....Liverpool... Glasgow.... etc... lots of victims.. go get them victims... they is unarmed and unafraid of you...:ph34r:

Amazon

***Comparitively speaking, yeah, I'm going to tell you exactly that.

ATTN WORLD.... no criminals in LONDON.... Manchester.....Liverpool... Glasgow.... etc... lots of victims.. go get them victims... they is unarmed and unafraid of you...:ph34r:

Criminals here, and there are just as nasty and mean as everywhere else in the world. I travel extensively in the US and I do not fear the gun toting public while I'm there. It's mostly a peaceful place with nice people. All I'm saying is that you pay a price for having so many guns in so many hands. Like the guy in the theater who gets mad because someone is on their cell phone. Words get said, pushing starts, and maybe there is an assault. But if the angry man happens to be packing heat, boom, a murder charge in the heat of the moment for no good reason. If there are more guns more people will use them. If there are less guns, less people will use them. Most of the western world has decided on giving up the pure pleasure of owning and shooting pistols because they don't want to pay the price. America has largely made the opposite decision. I respect that, but I don't respect those who refuse to acknowledge the cost of an armed society.

Amazon

***Comparitively speaking, yeah, I'm going to tell you exactly that.

ATTN WORLD.... no who can read in SF... LA... NY... lots of posts... no grasp of english...

jakee

******Comparitively speaking, yeah, I'm going to tell you exactly that.

ATTN WORLD.... no who can read in SF... LA... NY... lots of posts... no grasp of english...

tsk tsk tsk:S

You hit it on the nose. If you are not complying the officer wonders why. I have seen just as many videos where officers gave some one the benefit of the doubt and then they(the officers) were shot/executed. My dad is a cop for orange county and has worked with LAPD and LASWAT. I have heard many stories of cops being killed by people not complying. One video was played about three months ago when that gentleman in Virginia or Alabama I think, was shot in the back for running from the cop after smacking the taser out of his hand(which was completely uncalled for by the cop) but cnn started showing other videos. One was about 2 years ago an officer in AZ in broad daylight was shot and killed at point blank range by the suspect as the officer calmly walked outside the residence with the suspect in front. When the officer asked if he could check his pockets the suspect reach in his coat pocket and pulled out a revolver and shot the cop in the face and neck in the blink of an eye and all of it was caught on the cops personal cam on his chest. (not comp.savy enough to attach video)

Little foot note. After shooting the cop the suspects revolver was empty so he took the cops service weapon out and capped himself.

More training with less than lethal force should be implemented. Might have made a big difference here as well as many others when suspects are noncompliant and POSSIBLY unarmed.