regulator

47 People shot in chicago over the weekend. WHAT A SUPRISE!!!

Hjeada seems preoccupied with 77th and Halsted in Chicago, so I took a slight diversion today.

I asked one of the local boyz to take my picture by the street sign.

Funny how people who don't live in Chicago think they know more about the place than those of us that do.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Hjeada seems preoccupied with 77th and Halsted in Chicago, so I took a slight diversion today.

Funny how people who don't live in Chicago think they know more about the place than those of us that do.

OMG you didn't get shot?????:P

Amazon

***Hjeada seems preoccupied with 77th and Halsted in Chicago, so I took a slight diversion today.

OMG you didn't get shot?????:P

I photoshopped out the bullets.

kallend

Shot by camera! Best post in this thread by a long shot.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

kallend

*********A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

There is a 40% increase in shootings and 29% more homicides for the first part of this year.

The rate of unregistered or stolen guns recovered by Chicago police increased 22% in the first quarter of 2015 from the same period last year. Police have recovered more than 1,500 illegal guns this year, and first-quarter arrests for illegal gun possession increased 39%.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/04/01/chicago-murders-shootings/70787110/

So the gun restrictions were eliminated (2011) and concealed carry allowed (2014), and now there's a surge in shootings.

What a surprise.

The surge in shootings correlates with an increase in illegal guns. None of these murders have been committed by legal gun owners.

So what about the "good guy with a gun" theory? I guess that didn't work. There are little to no "good guys with guns" in the ghetto. Now show me there is a rise in killing of armed citizens then you might have some sort of intelligent thought out factual argument but I did not see a single story of a Law abiding ARMED citizen getting killed in Chicago

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

catfishhunter

************A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

There is a 40% increase in shootings and 29% more homicides for the first part of this year.

The rate of unregistered or stolen guns recovered by Chicago police increased 22% in the first quarter of 2015 from the same period last year. Police have recovered more than 1,500 illegal guns this year, and first-quarter arrests for illegal gun possession increased 39%.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/04/01/chicago-murders-shootings/70787110/

So the gun restrictions were eliminated (2011) and concealed carry allowed (2014), and now there's a surge in shootings.

What a surprise.

The surge in shootings correlates with an increase in illegal guns. None of these murders have been committed by legal gun owners.

So what about the "good guy with a gun" theory? I guess that didn't work. There are little to no "good guys with guns" in the ghetto. Now show me there is a rise in killing of armed citizens then you might have some sort of intelligent thought out factual argument but I did not see a single story of a Law abiding ARMED citizen getting killed in Chicago

Do you really believe there are no good people who live in the ghetto..... duuuuuuuude that is sad

Amazon

***************A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

What a surprise.

Do you really believe there are no good people who live in the ghetto..... duuuuuuuude that is sad

Amazon

***************A rise in incidents did not just occur this weekend, its a new trend for Chicago.

What a surprise.

Do you really believe there are no good people who live in the ghetto..... duuuuuuuude that is sad Come on Amazon I know YOU are smarter then that and quite frankly I am surprised. I did not say there are no "good people" in the ghetto not even Kallend could read what I wrote and come to that conclusion at least I would hope not.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

>There are little to no "good guys with guns" in the ghetto.

And yet the ghetto areas that Hjeada keeps talking about include the zip codes with the highest numbers of CCW permits in the state. So you are saying CCW holders aren't the good guys? In that case, the increase in CCW permits, along with the increase in shootings, makes sense.

billvon

And yet the ghetto areas that Hjeada keeps talking about include the zip codes with the highest numbers of CCW permits in the state. So you are saying CCW holders aren't the good guys? In that case, the increase in CCW permits, along with the increase in shootings, makes sense.

sigh you too billy? Did you fall down and bump your head? Go take a stroll through the drug dens/GHETTO when these shootings are taking place and take a poll and see how many "good guys with guns" there are/were at the time of the shootings. I am pretty confident in saying there will be as close to ZERO legal gun owners standing around when these killings are happening

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

catfishhunter

***>There are little to no "good guys with guns" in the ghetto.

sigh you too billy? Did you fall down and bump your head? Go take a stroll through the drug dens/GHETTO when these shootings are taking place and take a poll and see how many "good guys with guns" there are/were at the time of the shootings. I am pretty confident in saying there will be as close to ZERO legal gun owners standing around when these killings are happening

Next!!!

>Go take a stroll through the drug dens/GHETTO when these shootings are taking place
>and take a poll and see how many "good guys with guns" there are/were at the time of
>the shootings.

So CCW holders are not the "good guys with guns." Got it.

(That suggests an easy solution - make CCW permits harder to get.)

billvon

>Go take a stroll through the drug dens/GHETTO when these shootings are taking place
>and take a poll and see how many "good guys with guns" there are/were at the time of
>the shootings.

So CCW holders are not the "good guys with guns." Got it.

(That suggests an easy solution - make CCW permits harder to get.)

Well, there's 2 aspects to this.

#1 - Most of the shootings are gang members or other criminals shooting each other over "drug turf" or previous disputes (the little kid that was killed was in his father's arms - the father was a gang leader). Most concealed carry instructors will be very clear that a CCW permit doesn't make the holder a cop. That the person should be very, very careful about jumping into the middle of a dispute. I've heard of one class where the instructor has the students make a list of everyone who they would be willing to die for, go to prison for the rest of their life for and lose all their money & possessions in a wrongful death lawsuit for. They then say that unless there is a person on that list who's life is being threatened, think very carefully about getting involved. Even "clean" CCW shoots will cost a lot of money. AggieDave quoted $50k (yes, Fifty thousand dollars) for a "No Bill" CCW shoot.
For a "good guy" to jump into the middle of a gang fight would be pretty foolish. Even if the shoot is clean, and the guy doesn't get arrested, the gangs would probably come after him.

#2 - The "good guy with a gun" mentality takes a while to catch up. Chicago pretty much prohibited pistol ownership until they were forced to in 2011, and then they fought tooth and nail to restrict it with training requirements, pistol permits and so forth until 2013.
If you remember Florida in the 90s - They had fairly permissive gun ownership for a long time. Then in 92, the first widely publicized "Shall Issue" permit law went into effect. It took a few years for enough people to get permits and regularly carry before it became widely known that the criminals had realized this and started targeting tourists in rental cars (back then, the rental cars had plates ending in "Z" and were easy to spot).

So it might take a while before there are enough "good guys with guns" making it difficult for the criminals for any real effect to be seen.

And I highly doubt that the gang fights will be broken up by those "good guys." It's simply not worth the risk for an uninvolved civilian to do anything but take cover.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

You're more likely to have family member killed at a relatives house in your area. Here's one just this week:

http://news.yahoo.com/three-old-texas-boy-dies-accidentally-shooting-himself-211132391.html

I lived in Chicago for 5 years; great city. I've lived in the US south for longer - not that fucking impressed.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

mirage62

I've lived in the US south for longer - not that fucking impressed.

Since your always bashing the SOUTH just where do you LIVE (ROUGHLY) IN "THE south"

Give him a minute he is googling the best/worst city to say he lived in to shore up his statement.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

billvon

Don't bother him with facts, they just result in confusion.

Clearly he knows more about Chicago than I do, I only live and work there.

Southern_Man

I was in Chicago all weekend this past weekend. No gun, walked everywhere the entire weekend (5+ miles per day, easily). Saw no violence at all. Saw illegal behavior almost everywhere I looked, but no violence.

Well, speed limits aren't enforced so what do you expect.

Anvilbrother

I've lived in the US south for longer - not that fucking impressed.

Since your always bashing the SOUTH just where do you LIVE (ROUGHLY) IN "THE south"

Give him a minute he is googling the best/worst city to say he lived in to shore up his statement.

But YOU know that I live where I say I live.

And according to FBI data, it's a safer place than Baton Rouge.