turtlespeed

Racist UCLA Professor outed

There was absolutely no reason to treat these black students like he did. It's disgusting.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/professor-called-racist-for-correcting-black-students-grammar-and-punctuation/
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Rushmc better not enroll in his class. That would start a nationwide shortage of red ink. :D

Don

:D:D:D

In all seriousness, I can't believe those stupid ass students have the gall to call the professor racist.

I don't give a fuck how they speak. They can speak ebonics all they want, hell, even speak like the dudes in Airplane! if they like... :ph34r: BUT.... they are in COLLEGE, therefore, you write your college essays in FUCKING PROPER ENGLISH like you're supposed to, unless directed otherwise.

Jesus.... :S
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

turtlespeed

There was absolutely no reason to treat these black students like he did. It's disgusting.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/professor-called-racist-for-correcting-black-students-grammar-and-punctuation/

This is one of the reasons that impartial testing standards for professional licensing are so useful. You may have pulled straight As because your grandfather donated a building to the university, but there is no way to fake the Professional Engineer's exam, for example.

Hiring on the basis of double standards can get people killed in my line of work.

I would much rather hire someone who was held to a higher standard than a lower one. If the professors were looking for a good excuse to tromp all over someone from an ethnic group they didn't like, but the student got a 4.0 anyway, they have passed muster. If the professors gave a student passing marks they didn't deserve because their dad was a Senator, I would give them a pass.

The assholes who are behind this protest are doing themselves a disservice in the long run. You want equality? Adhere to equal standards.

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

***There was absolutely no reason to treat these black students like he did. It's disgusting.

This is one of the reasons that impartial testing standards for professional licensing are so useful. You may have pulled straight As because your grandfather donated a building to the university, but there is no way to fake the Professional Engineer's exam, for example.

Hiring on the basis of double standards can get people killed in my line of work.

I would much rather hire someone who was held to a higher standard than a lower one. If the professors were looking for a good excuse to tromp all over someone from an ethnic group they didn't like, but the student got a 4.0 anyway, they have passed muster. If the professors gave a student passing marks they didn't deserve because their dad was a Senator, I would give them a pass.

The assholes who are behind this protest are doing themselves a disservice in the long run. You want equality? Adhere to equal standards.

BSBD,

Winsor

Bingo.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

******There was absolutely no reason to treat these black students like he did. It's disgusting.

BSBD,

Winsor

Bingo.

You are the definition of an insensitive racist collaborator.
What this professor did was disgraceful, and indicative of what the entire problem in America is. Without unequal grading curves, how are we supposed to make every one equal?

If you do not coddle, no one succeeds. Competition is bad and grades are just an unfair representation of unequal competition.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

As a university professor myself, I'm still surprised by the sense of entitlement some students display. I've not noticed any correlation with race, though; an unwarranted sense that one is the center of the universe seems to be an equal opportunity affliction. It's worth noting, though, that there still seems to be dozens of decent students for every asshole.

Don

Anvilbrother

You get a trophy, he gets a trophy, everyone gets a trophy!

The cynic in me thinks the whole concept came from a trophy company. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

***You get a trophy, he gets a trophy, everyone gets a trophy!

The cynic in me thinks the whole concept came from a trophy company. :P

They are definitely the ones lobbying for scoreless games.

Monopoly 2020 edition- Where all the houses are section 8, you now get $800, an food stamp card, and obama phone when you pass go, and no matter your race or sex you can identify as whatever game piece you would like to without discrimination.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Monopoly 2020 edition- Where all the houses are section 8, you now get $800, an food stamp card, and obama phone when you pass go, and no matter your race or sex you can identify as whatever game piece you would like to without discrimination.

I wonder what the whit, black, gender neutral, politically correct piece will look like.
Maybe a marble, but that may offend the fat people, and make more anarexics.

Anvilbrother

You just open the box from the store and inside is a trophy and a card that says congrats you beat monopoly.

The box contains 96% less cash plus Boardwalk, Park Place, the utilities, and the railroads are mysteriously absent...
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

***You just open the box from the store and inside is a trophy and a card that says congrats you beat monopoly.

The box contains 96% less cash plus Boardwalk, Park Place, the utilities, and the railroads are mysteriously absent...

As the game gets played, every 14 minutes, anyone holding property and houses and hotels must liquidate and redistribute the money to the other players.

Interesting how the one post from someone who actually deals with college students is ignored.

I wonder if it would have been ignored had it fed into the same storyline?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

GeorgiaDon

As a university professor myself, I'm still surprised by the sense of entitlement some students display. I've not noticed any correlation with race, though; an unwarranted sense that one is the center of the universe seems to be an equal opportunity affliction. It's worth noting, though, that there still seems to be dozens of decent students for every asshole.

Don

I didn't want you to feel ignored.

But Mama Wendy made me feel horrible about not responding, so here I am.

How can the students do this and not get some type of punishment? Is this mans career in jeopardy now?

What life lessons shall we take away from this.

What hope and faith should we cling to knowing that these are our future leaders?

Why is the rum always gone?

How does people get into college in the US without the ability to write correctly?

It isnt a professors job to correct grammar because that should not be such a huge problem by then. The system failed by letting these students pass highschool.

Kadde

How does people get into college in the US without the ability to write correctly?

It isnt a professors job to correct grammar because that should not be such a huge problem by then. The system failed by letting these students pass highschool.

Not sure if this is extremely ironic, or perhaps, is English a second language?;)

Kadde

English as a second language :P

Luckily i speak 4 other languages better.

I figured as much. Damn that would have been funny if you were from Los Angeles, though.:D

GeorgiaDon

Rushmc better not enroll in his class. That would start a nationwide shortage of red ink. :D

Don

You got that right
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln