stayhigh

How are we gonna beat ISIS?

stayhigh

There is no way we can beat ISIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL80yPzAC04

When these kind of retarded shit goes on with upper class, what do you expect from the lower class who has absolutely nothing to lose?

1. who funds them?
a) those who are interested and benefiting from the destabilisation in that region;
b) those who make money out of physical war with isis

2. is there a need for war? i don't believe so, they can be easily shut down economically. cut the funding=no isis. who wants the war=those who will get richer out of it.
'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave.'
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Andy9o8

who funds them?

I was thinking NASCAR.

are you referring to the video? can't click it, working. whats on it?

Suslique

1. who funds them?
a) those who are interested and benefiting from the destabilisation in that region;
b) those who make money out of physical war with isis

Unfortunately, they're getting a lot of money from the citizenry. People still getting paid by the central government of Syria, and the money is getting to the thugs by "taxes," or old-fashioned "re-appropriation." They're also stealing tons of equipment and weaponry -- some of it they use, some they sell. Finally, they've hijacked the financial sector of oil & gas export from the Kurdish regions. Bottom line: everything they get (on a grand scale), they've stolen.

2. is there a need for war? i don't believe so, they can be easily shut down economically. cut the funding=no isis. who wants the war=those who will get richer out of it.

That would be nice, but those from whom the thugs are stealing are also getting killed if they resist.

To answer the OP -- I don't know. Have no realistic idea.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Suslique

who funds them?

I was thinking NASCAR.

are you referring to the video? can't click it, working. whats on it?

Saudi Drifting...Tafheet or Hajwalah

I don't think it's a very common practice. It's illegal and one man has already been sentenced to death by beheading for killing two people.

From Wiki:
In June 2012, a middle-aged Saudi drifter nicknamed "Mutannish" (the nickname means "one who ignores") was sentenced to death by beheading for killing two people while drifting his car near Unaizah in Al-Qassim Province.

In March 2014, a 23-year-old Saudi nicknamed "The King of Nazeem Neighborhood" was sentenced to ten years in prison and 1,000 lashes for a series of car drifting and firearms offenses in Riyadh and Al-Qassim Province. The drifter was also banned from driving for life.

Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

raftman

I think the OP is trying to say we need to step up our mad drifting skillz if we want to keep up with those rad isis drifters.

I'll admit that I was intrigued at first...I didn't even realize I was watching it for like 15 minutes....

I sifted through a few other videos and it didn't take me long to stumble over one that displayed the harsh realities...it kinda made me sick. It's sad...the majority are probably your typical ignorant "invincible" kids just trying to have fun and be cool:

The two people in this car supposedly survived, but it's still very disturbing - Maybe NSFW?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98jbhPLyeCA

I think Obama has taken the absolutely wrong stance on ISIS. The first thing he should have done is say:

"This is a Muslim problem. The muslims have to take back their religion from the extremists."

By trying to take this line of ISIS members are not really muslims he has given the Imams a way out where they don't have to do shit. The Imams, especially the Sunni Imams in Saudi Arabia since they are at the Mecca of their cult, need to take a hard line on this. Especially since a lot of the money that started these guys up came from Saudi Arabia.

Isis pretty much finds them selves now, but the Saudi Imams are still considered the heart of Sunni Muslims. Until you are able to successfully put pressure on them to change, change will not happen. Just my $.02.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

isn't it starting to look like Vietnam, minus the ground troops.

You can't bomb them away, and you don't wanna send in any ground troops....

Obama is looking like LBJ in a way.

Health Care reform, gay and lesbian rights, education all that and at the end Obama ends up with ISIS.

The Great Society, Civil rights, Medi-care, Welfare, all that and at the end Johnson gets fucked over Vietnam.....

Next president is gonna have lots of headache planned ahead.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

lawrocket

A couple of months ago the imams in Egypt and elsewhere were calling for ISIS members to be crucified after they immolated that Jordanian pilot.

It's a start, but they were not angry at ISIS for killing the pilot, they were angry at the manor for which he was killed. Your not supposed to burn them to death, just cut off their heads.

http://rt.com/news/229383-kasasbeh-reaction-isis-crucify/

While they condemn the method, they condone the ideology. Until the most revered imams in the sunni mosques in Saudi Arabia start condemning the ideology, we are going to get more of the same.

This is why it's important that we point the finger at them and start pressuring them to come out of the dark ages.

Obama's message of "this is not Islam" gives them an excuse not to address it.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

jgoose71

***A couple of months ago the imams in Egypt and elsewhere were calling for ISIS members to be crucified after they immolated that Jordanian pilot.

It's a start, but they were not angry at ISIS for killing the pilot, they were angry at the manor for which he was killed. Your not supposed to burn them to death, just cut off their heads.

While they condemn the method, they condone the ideology. Until the most revered imams in the sunni mosques in Saudi Arabia start condemning the ideology, we are going to get more of the same.

This is why it's important that we point the finger at them and start pressuring them to come out of the dark ages.

Can you tell me why the fringe right has glommed onto RT DOT COM... the modern incarnation of PRAVDA as THE place to go for news.... Its the mouthpiece of what used to be the COMMUNIST PARTY.... are you a commie there sport????

It is Hate America...all day everyday and has been since it was created. Do you HATE America that much????

jgoose71

I think Obama has taken the absolutely wrong stance on ISIS. The first thing he should have done is say:

"This is a Muslim problem. The muslims have to take back their religion from the extremists."

By trying to take this line of ISIS members are not really muslims he has given the Imams a way out where they don't have to do shit.....

....Obama's message of "this is not Islam" gives them an excuse not to address it.

Why would they give a shit about what Obama says, when we don't even give a shit about what Obama says?

Personally I think ISIS will be ISIS regardless of what anybody says...for the most part, you can only influence future generations.

jgoose71

The Imams, especially the Sunni Imams in Saudi Arabia since they are at the Mecca of their cult, need to take a hard line on this. Especially since a lot of the money that started these guys up came from Saudi Arabia.

Isis pretty much finds them selves now, but the Saudi Imams are still considered the heart of Sunni Muslims. Until you are able to successfully put pressure on them to change, change will not happen.

If the problem is with how ISIS interprets the text, then there is an ounce of hope if people can effectively refute those misinterpretations and convince the ISIS types otherwise....but again, that's a long shot - I'd rather put my money on teaching more accurate interpretations to future generations, much like Christianity over the last 500 years or so...

Over here in Detroit/Hamtramck/Dearborn area, there is a large population of both Arabic and European Muslims. My next-door-neighbor at the time expressed how she was getting sick of all the (verbal) fighting and hostility at her mosque and how many Muslim women have started passing out christian tracks to other Muslim women.

There is also a fair amount of Christian evangelism, but it seems to me that the Jehovah witnesses have been more effective. I think this is primarily due to the fact that, like Muslims, they view Jesus as a mere prophet rather than God, the Son - which probably makes it a bit easier for a Muslim to swallow....at least at first.

Amazon

Can you tell me why the fringe right has glommed onto RT DOT COM... the modern incarnation of PRAVDA as THE place to go for news.... Its the mouthpiece of what used to be the COMMUNIST PARTY.... are you a commie there sport????

It is Hate America...all day everyday and has been since it was created. Do you HATE America that much????

At some point and time just about anyone can have an accurate assessment or valid point. Believe it or not, I think even Rachel Maddow says something worth while.... sometimes.

And you know what? Sometimes I think you have valid points from time to time, although, sometimes they are hard to find between all the vitriol and conspiracy theories..... kind of like Glenn Beck or Alex Jones. He does Infowars, right? :ph34r:

Coreeece

***I think Obama has taken the absolutely wrong stance on ISIS. The first thing he should have done is say:

By trying to take this line of ISIS members are not really muslims he has given the Imams a way out where they don't have to do shit.....

....Obama's message of "this is not Islam" gives them an excuse not to address it.

Why would they give a shit about what Obama says, when we don't even give a shit about what Obama says?

Personally I think ISIS will be ISIS regardless of what anybody says...for the most part, you can only influence future generations.

jgoose71

The Imams, especially the Sunni Imams in Saudi Arabia since they are at the Mecca of their cult, need to take a hard line on this. Especially since a lot of the money that started these guys up came from Saudi Arabia.

Isis pretty much finds them selves now, but the Saudi Imams are still considered the heart of Sunni Muslims. Until you are able to successfully put pressure on them to change, change will not happen.

If the problem is with how ISIS interprets the text, then there is an ounce of hope if people can effectively refute those misinterpretations and convince the ISIS types otherwise....but again, that's a long shot - I'd rather put my money on teaching more accurate interpretations to future generations, much like Christianity over the last 500 years or so...

Over here in Detroit/Hamtramck/Dearborn area, there is a large population of both Arabic and European Muslims. My next-door-neighbor at the time expressed how she was getting sick of all the (verbal) fighting and hostility at her mosque and how many Muslim women have started passing out christian tracks to other Muslim women.

There is also a fair amount of Christian evangelism, but it seems to me that the Jehovah witnesses have been more effective. I think this is primarily due to the fact that, like Muslims, they view Jesus as a mere prophet rather than God, the Son - which probably makes it a bit easier for a Muslim to swallow....at least at first.

In a lot of areas you may be right. Some muslims have been sucking in the tit of hate for so long they probably won't be able to turn back. But the longer you wait to teach a new message, the more people will fall into the old one.

Believe it or not, Obama does have a huge influence on the Royal Families of Saudi. Right now they are scared shitless of an Iran thats trying to create a Hegemony out of the gulf states. The only thing that is really keeping the peace out there right now is the huge U.S. Military presence.

With Iran acting the way it is, if Obama was to actually start engaging the Arabs more in the gulf states, i bet we could make some headway.

But that will never happen. Obama is going to sell them out for the nuke deal. We saw there displeasure when only a couple showed up to the invite to Camp David. Most had more important stuff to do... like get their hair done...:ph34r:

jgoose71

***A couple of months ago the imams in Egypt and elsewhere were calling for ISIS members to be crucified after they immolated that Jordanian pilot.

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. They didnt condemn the killing but the way he was killed??? Seriously?? People were outraged right when isis appeared and started killing PEOPLE who lived side by side for centuries. Pilot wasn't the first Muslim they killed. Its just people stopped believing that they are some kind of radical Muslims when they killed yet another Muslim. Burned him.

We don't have any Vatican that takes decisions for all Muslims, there is no such a thing as "biggest" Sunni shaykhs either. We don't take shaykhs or muftis or whoever as representatives of God on Earth, no.

And yes, majority of Muslims are fed up with Isis as much as everyone else. Majority of scholars condemn them and their actions regarding everyone they have killed.

And yes, those scholars who speak out about Isis on regular basis get endless amount of verbal abuse and death threats from Isis fan boys on regular basis. There are others who condemn Isis but are sick of the fact that for some reason we should feel responsible of the fact that Isis exists so they don't talk about them anymore. I as a Muslim am not responsible of Isis as much as a your regular Christian is not responsible of those who bomb abortion clinics.