lawrocket

Speakers Corner and Divisiveness in general explained

Hey, did you just infect me?

Actually I think the video is pretty spot on. It's interesting (and depressing) how memes that provoke anger are so much more contagious than memes that educate, or memes that promote wonder and awe.

Don

lawrocket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc

I usually don't watch whole videos. But this one just makes sense. People joining groups to hate on others and spread and morph ideas or facts among themselves. GeorgiaDon may get a kick out of this, too.

Look . . . I just sneezed on your brain.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I believe our nation began a serious division and mutual distrust beginning around 1965. This divide has grown into passive aggressive rage. The Internet is the perfect medium to perpetuate our demise.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I believe our nation began a serious division and mutual distrust beginning around 1965. This divide has grown into passive aggressive rage. The Internet is the perfect medium to perpetuate our demise.

Gazuntite
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

RonD1120

Methinks you don't fully appreciate history. Partisan bickering is why this country got formed. The Civil War wasn't based on some petty squabble. I think I can safely say that partisan bickering reached its zenith during that time.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I was thinking more of total distrust for our federal government leadership. Partisan bickering is but a symptom, IMO.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I was thinking more of total distrust for our federal government leadership. Partisan bickering is but a symptom, IMO.

Partisan bickering is an intended sympton IMO
ANYTHING that slows the pace that a federal government passes law is good for the people

Some call it a bad thing
I think it is a good thing

This bickering should also be happening between the branches. They should always be in a tug of war to maintain power

Today we have the legislative branches cowering to the executive branch

This is a bad thing for the people
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Agreed.

Everyone I talk to is angry. No one knows what to or what the answer is. Pessimism rules in general attitude. Survival thinking is paramount.

Everyone I talk to is angry. No one knows what to or what the answer is. Pessimism rules in general attitude. Survival thinking is paramount.

If you hang around with pessimistic survivalists, that's probably the impression you'll get.

I don't have the same feeling, hanging out with normal people.

- Dan G

DanG

If you hang around with pessimistic survivalists, that's probably the impression you'll get.

Emphasis added.

QED.

DanG

Yet another example of your sefl proclaimed superiority

IE: if someone does not agree with you then there is something wrong with them or what they do

there is no simple honest disagreement with you
YOU can not allow it[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Um, no.

Rom has stated, on many, many occasions that he lives in a prepper orientated community in the remote mountains because he fears that shit is about to hit the fan.

If that's not the definition of abnormal pessimistic survivalists, then I don't know what is.

I thought you conservatives were against relativism. Ron's friends are not normal by any measure. calling them pessimistic survivalists is descriptive, not insulting.

The only reason you care at all is because he's on your "team". If I had said the same thing about funjumper (which is pretty close to true for him/her, too) you would have jumped in to cheerlead for me.

- Dan G

Ya
and you have decided you are the one among the "normal" people

Based on many of your posts I would dispute that but, that is just me.

I mean something has to make you so wrong on so many topics becasue there is no way (if you are a thinking normal person) you could disagree with me

Have fun
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

Agreed.

It is funny to me
I live in a farming and resort community
So I see many different kinds of people
Blue collar, poor, the very rich who buy the houses around the lake and farmers rich and not so rich
So, just to back up your point and show Dan I must not live amoung the normal people....
I am talking to people who voted for Obama twice who are angry as well as many others
Not a rage but rather being pissed off that the libs in the gov think that only they know best, that only they live among the normal people and that they are forcing their political bs down our throats because no one who disagrees with them is smart enough to know any better

I say fuck that
I am will not be silent any more
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

Um, no.

Rom has stated, on many, many occasions that he lives in a prepper orientated community in the remote mountains because he fears that shit is about to hit the fan.

If that's not the definition of abnormal pessimistic survivalists, then I don't know what is.

I thought you conservatives were against relativism. Ron's friends are not normal by any measure. calling them pessimistic survivalists is descriptive, not insulting.

The only reason you care at all is because he's on your "team". If I had said the same thing about funjumper (which is pretty close to true for him/her, too) you would have jumped in to cheerlead for me.

No. You described it. Then characterized it as abnormal.

You didn't discus your viewpoint. You decided that Ron is part of an abnormal group. Not a group that might have anything in common with you but an abnormal group.

It is the characterization. Not the description.

Rush is right on this. Again, it's exactly what the video discussed as being pretty "normal."

billvon

>I don't have the same feeling, hanging out with normal people.

Heck, I hang out with skydivers and most of _them_ aren't bitter, angry and frustrated either!

But few outside would describe skydivers as normal.

Myself included.

No. You described it. Then characterized it as abnormal.

You didn't discus your viewpoint. You decided that Ron is part of an abnormal group. Not a group that might have anything in common with you but an abnormal group.

It is the characterization. Not the description.

Rush is right on this. Again, it's exactly what the video discussed as being pretty "normal."

You can play word games all you want. Ron's community as described is not normal. For it to be normal, it would have to have some semblance to the norm. Maybe I'm completely deluded, but I've been to many parts of this country, and have yet to see that kind of community anywhere. It's possible that I only go to abnormal places, but unlikely.

Note, I never said being abnormal is bad. I think most people who post here are abnormal in at least one respect, that being jumping out of airplanes. That behavior is certainly abnormal. It doesn't make it bad.

This whole sub-thread started because Ron said everyone he knows is pessimistic and angry. I was merely noting that people who self describe as doomsday preppers are likely to be pessimistic and angry, so his observation does not reflect the universality of his feelings. To continue the skydiving comparison, if I said that everyone in this country thinks skydiving is fun based on a poll I took at the DZ bonfire, you'd be correct to point out that I likely have some bias.

- Dan G

A group of people who perceive some danger as being relatively imminent and decide to change their lives in order to prepare for it and encourage others to do the same. Change their lives and ways of doing things in order to protect against a threat. Where do we see this??

As for me, I know plenty who are pessimistic and angry. Obama's whole first campaign fed on that. Hope and change exploits that very belief, doesn't it?

lawrocket

A group of people who perceive some danger as being relatively imminent and decide to change their lives in order to prepare for it and encourage others to do the same. Change their lives and ways of doing things in order to protect against a threat. Where do we see this??

As for me, I know plenty who are pessimistic and angry. Obama's whole first campaign fed on that. Hope and change exploits that very belief, doesn't it?

And there we have your assessment .... ;)

It would have been much easier just to confirm Rons Obama rejection - as it is yours.

Thx God we have strict requirements for lawyers over here - you would not earn a penny. [:/]

dudeist skydiver # 3105

christelsabine

***A group of people who perceive some danger as being relatively imminent and decide to change their lives in order to prepare for it and encourage others to do the same. Change their lives and ways of doing things in order to protect against a threat. Where do we see this??

And there we have your assessment .... ;)

It would have been much easier just to confirm Rons Obama rejection - as it is yours.

Thx God we have strict requirements for lawyers over here - you would not earn a penny. [:/]

Always a pleasure having a discussion with you. Can you teach me and we Americans how to be gracious and magnanimous? You add so much.