kallend

Ferguson

JohnnyMarko

***I'd take the Philly ghettos over St. Louis everyday.
St. Louis is the most disgusting city I've been to in the US.

It got pretty bad when my friends and I would get on the Metro at night in STL, and hearing gunshots at certain stops just became normal [:/]

Why do you hate the Second Amendment?

Andy9o8

******I'd take the Philly ghettos over St. Louis everyday.
St. Louis is the most disgusting city I've been to in the US.

It got pretty bad when my friends and I would get on the Metro at night in STL, and hearing gunshots at certain stops just became normal [:/]

Why do you hate the Second Amendment?
:|

Cause it's stupid and outdated and irrelevant to the handgun locked in dresser

The Chief of Police said they had no problems there!

oh wait...he's out of a job now. Apparently he was wrong.

It's time for the Feds to restart the police force there. ALL fresh.

The DOJ had to have someone fall on the sword, imagine if they would have left there empty handed. Someone could have been hurt......(oh wait, nevermind)......

Before the flaming starts, if you'd like to talk about municipal courts and revenue neutral enforcement that is an entirely different topic.

I think you and I would agree on that issue.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

normiss

Yep. Get Dwayne The Rock Johnson to come in and clean house with a giant piece of cedar. :P
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

normiss

Well, I heard reports today that the St Louis county cops and MO Staties are taking over. Ok, now I read further down and see that is in the link too.

And despite "very serious" wounds, both cops were released from the hospital today.

"Very Serious". Yeah, right.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Damn straight they were serious. Does it make you think they weren't serious just because they are still aren't in the hospital? I don't care your position on Ferguson, that's your right but man ANYTIME someone is shot it's serious.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

Damn straight they were serious. Does it make you think they weren't serious just because they are still aren't in the hospital? I don't care your position on Ferguson, that's your right but man ANYTIME someone is shot it's serious.

Anytime anyone is shot, they should be treated as serious wounds.
On that I fully agree.

But gunshot wounds can be very minor. Little more than a scratch in some cases.
I don't consider any wound "very serious" if the injured person is released from the hospital in less than 24 hours.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

Shoot yourself in the face, then a through and through from the shoulder to the back.
Let me know how serious those wounds are.

I'm basing this on media reports, so who knows.

Either way this is a serious escalation, but I'm sure it's all the cops fault, not a bunch of lawless rioters.

This could have been prevented if order would have been maintained the first few nights. The feds and state backed down with disastrous results. If EVERYONE from the POTUS on down would have stated in no uncertain terms that they understood why they (the protesters) were angry, but lawlessness and looting would not be tolerated, the rioting would have lost momentum. Instead they did the opposite and it GAINED momentum.

A large part of the blame goes to the inaction of Ferguson PD in not getting out, or even stonewalling information. The "militarization" aspect was overblown by the media and gained traction. They did not get ahead of the situation and paid dearly for it. The Chief of Police should have fallen on the sword for that a long time ago.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

skycop

Shoot yourself in the face, then a through and through from the shoulder to the back.
Let me know how serious those wounds are.

I'm basing this on media reports, so who knows...

Well, being "Shot in the face" tends to be a bit messy. Just ask Vince & Jules. :P

And I'm unaware of a "through and through from the shoulder to the back" being minor enough to get out of the hospital in a day or two. Or even a week or two.

The shoulder is a rather large collection of bones. Any bullet is going to tend to break them. And deflect off them and bounce around inside and cause a big mess.

However, it's entirely possible to get a hit "near the eye" (how I've heard media reports) that is either a graze or bits & pieces of a near miss that fragmented.

It's also very possible to get hit in the "meaty part" of the shoulder and not hit bone.

Neither of those would require long term hospital care. But nor would they be "serious."

We both know better than to believe media reports.

And I don't recall placing blame on anyone.

Someone got pissed off enough at the cops and took a few shots at them. I'd lay that blame at the feet of the shooter. Period.

We could argue all day about the behavior of the police leading up to this, but that's a moot point.

The shooter shot at the cops, he's to blame.

I know you have a point, it seems that your qualifier is length in the hospital. I consider the hospital time as part of the equation. The mental damage is another, for me that makes any gun wound serious.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Did you hear it's sounding like a sniper shooting?
Over 100 yards away?
WTF????
>:([:/]

I wonder if once again outside influence is messing with this local community.
I guess I had assumed it was a crowd or drive by shooting.
Only somewhat less as disgusting, but a clear difference in the intent. Damn.

normiss

Did you hear it's sounding like a sniper shooting?
Over 100 yards away?
WTF????
>:([:/]

I wonder if once again outside influence is messing with this local community.
I guess I had assumed it was a crowd or drive by shooting.
Only somewhat less as disgusting, but a clear difference in the intent. Damn.

last I saw it was estimated to have been about 125yd with a .40cal pistol round
--
Rob

mirage62

I know you have a point, it seems that your qualifier is length in the hospital. I consider the hospital time as part of the equation. The mental damage is another, for me that makes any gun wound serious.

We can argue this all day. ;)

When I hear "very serious gunshot wound", I only consider the physical damage.

I won't dispute the mental aspect of it. But the report I read didn't seem to be addressing that part of it.

The spokes-person seemed to be saying that they suffered "very serious" wounds.
And while "time in hospital" isn't the only criteria, it's one of the more important ones.

And a post after yours seemed to indicate it was a 40 cal pistol round from over 100 yards.

While shooters can and do hit that far with pistols, in that situation, it would be a lot more likely that the shooter was just aiming for the crowd of cops and "hoping".

wolfriverjoe

When I hear "very serious gunshot wound", I only consider the physical damage.

radio report noted that the head wound - he still had the bullet or fragment in his skull

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***When I hear "very serious gunshot wound", I only consider the physical damage.

radio report noted that the head wound - he still had the bullet or fragment in his skull

Skull? Or scalp?

My faith in media reports (especially early ones) is...

Not great. Too much experience with guns and planes and parachutes.

And it isn't uncommon to leave pieces behind. More trouble and risk to get them out than to leave them in.

In both "very serious" and "not so serious" wounds.