wayneflorida

New FCC rules on Net neutrality -----

Stumpy

***Now, why does the BATF want to ban green tip ammo for the AR-15?

You are on your own on that one.
They don't like the color?

Most armor piercing ammo has a steel bullet coated with copper. The copper is just a thin layer to prevent direct steel-on-steel contact with the barrel which would wear the barrel out in no time at all. The M855 ammo in question here has a regular lead bullet, with a tiny steel tip on top of the lead, coated in copper. So it's called "armor penetrating" rather than "armor piercing", because it generally doesn't have the capability to go all the way through armor. At 62 grains in weight versus 55 grains, it looks just like regular .223 ammo to the eye, so it's given a green tip to identify it. Target shooters like it because the extra weight allows the bullets to maintain their velocity better over longer distances.

If the government bans this because it might penetrate a bullet proof vest, then that changes the standard for how "armor piercing ammo" is defined. Regular lead hunting rounds like .30-06, .308 and .270 will also penetrate a vest, because of their high velocity. So if Obama is successful in stretching the rules on this .223 ammo, expect hunting ammo to follow thereafter.

And once again they're proposing to change the law by executive fiat, rather than by legislation debated by our representatives. This kind of uncontrolled government action is an even greater threat to our freedom.

SunWatcher

******Now, why does the BATF want to ban green tip ammo for the AR-15?

You are on your own on that one.
They don't like the color?

Most armor piercing ammo has a steel bullet coated with copper. The copper is just a thin layer to prevent direct steel-on-steel contact with the barrel which would wear the barrel out in no time at all. The M855 ammo in question here has a regular lead bullet, with a tiny steel tip on top of the lead, coated in copper. So it's called "armor penetrating" rather than "armor piercing", because it generally doesn't have the capability to go all the way through armor. At 62 grains in weight versus 55 grains, it looks just like regular .223 ammo to the eye, so it's given a green tip to identify it. Target shooters like it because the extra weight allows the bullets to maintain their velocity better over longer distances.

If the government bans this because it might penetrate a bullet proof vest, then that changes the standard for how "armor piercing ammo" is defined. Regular lead hunting rounds like .30-06, .308 and .270 will also penetrate a vest, because of their high velocity. So if Obama is successful in stretching the rules on this .223 ammo, expect hunting ammo to follow thereafter.

And once again they're proposing to change the law by executive fiat, rather than by legislation debated by our representatives. This kind of uncontrolled government action is an even greater threat to our freedom.

BATF != Obama

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/ammoban.asp
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

SunWatcher

*********BATF != Obama

Obama appoints like-minded heads of government agencies to do his bidding in his way.
Sounds like a catchy sound-byte there, Big Guy. ;)

And it's true.
I'm sure you feel so. Anyhow, this is about net neutrality, not about firearms, or encyclopedic knowledge thereof.

millertime24

Me and a buddy just got over 7000 rounds worth of reloading components for this caliber. FUCK THE ATF!!!B|

Careful, he's watching you now.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Another analysis of the dangers of net neutrality.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/seven-reasons-net-neutrality-threat/2015/02/27/id/627247/?ns_mail_uid=38937452&ns_mail_job=1611041_02272015&s=al&dkt_nbr=twrqklcm
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

What a crock, for example:

4. The new regulations will stifle free speech.

Lee E. Goodman, former chairman and a current commissioner of the Federal Election Commission, told Newsmax TV that a government takeover of the Internet will chill political speech.

"The government will regulate the content — and specifically the political content — that the American people can both post online to express their own political opinions, and the political content and information that people can access from the Internet," said Goodman, who was appointed to the FEC in 2013 by President Obama.

That is exactly the opposite of what Title II "common carrier" is.
Your phone company is a common carrier.
Does the phone company prevent you from calling phone sex lines, or other objectionable lines?

Not worth my time to address the rest of the BS in that article.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I got as far as number 1) Broadband tech will develop more slowly as companies will lack incentive to invest.

Why? We've already seen that big cable's ability to lobby state govt to outlaw competition has been taken away - so surely now there will be more competition and more incentive. Isn't that everything that a conservative should want from the free market?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

millertime24

******Me and a buddy just got over 7000 rounds worth of reloading components for this caliber. FUCK THE ATF!!!B|

Someone made those tracks.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

millertime24

************Me and a buddy just got over 7000 rounds worth of reloading components for this caliber. FUCK THE ATF!!!B|

Someone made those tracks.:o

I definitely saw a fuck growing behind the tree.[:/]

billvon

"to do his bidding" joins "you and your ilk" as handy reminders to stop taking the poster seriously.

So you're saying that Obama does NOT select and appoint chosen people who will help him accomplish his goals? That's what all presidents do. It's no surprise. I don't know why you would decline to acknowledge this truth.

ryoder

What a crock, for example:

It's Newsmax, what did you expect?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.