jclalor

Obama hates America

You are an attorney and as such you do not have a sound comprehension of the counseling profession.

The 12 Step Program requires a faith and belief in God, "as you understand him." Some folks white knuckle sobriety for a period of time. Long term sobriety is best accomplished with a belief in a power higher than self.

Your spin.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Andy9o8

I became a sport parachutist. How normal is that?

I know at least 3 or 4 skydivers who are normal.

I suspect you probably just don't know them well enough yet, then.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

RonD1120

Faith in some belief is required. I chose Jesus after trying several other unsuccessful paths.

Ok, so you believe that you are correct in your belief.
Your belief in something does not make it a truth, just your opinion.

You "choosing" what you believe lends to just about anyone being able to choose another faith and be exactly the same amount of "correct" as you are.

Religion is a good guide for some. Some people do not have the wherewithal to function productively without it.

That said, religion is the only catalyst for war that keeps on keeping on.

Knowing that, 1). Religion is a choice. 2) every religion is just as correct as any other. 3) more wars are stated because of religion than any other reason . . . One has to ask what true benefit religion brings to humans.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

more wars are stated because of religion than any other reason . . .

Oh really?

Not sure where you got that...perhaps from the great late historian George Carlin, maybe? Can you back it up?

Here are a few links that back up the contrary:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-alan-lurie/is-religion-the-cause-of-_b_1400766.html

"Encyclopedia of Wars," authors Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod document the history of recorded warfare, and from their list of 1763 wars only 123 have been classified to involve a religious cause, accounting for less than 7 percent of all wars and less than 2 percent of all people killed in warfare."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/wtwtgod/3513709.stm

"although armed conflicts may take on religious overtones, their genesis invariably lies in factors such as ethnicity, identity, power struggles, resources, inequality and oppression - and one factor is often exacerbated by another."

Here is a link to the full war audit from the researchers at the Department of Peace Studies at Bradford University.:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/world/04/war_audit_pdf/pdf/war_audit.pdf

It's rather lengthy, but informative. If you don't have time to read, perhaps it may serve as a benefit to scroll down to the inforgraphs.

Up Next:
"More rapes and murders we see on the news are started because of religion than any other reason...."
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

I am not big on religion. I espouse a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Such a relationship is achieved when you are spiritually reborn and receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

In Sunday school a subject came up regarding Maslow's Hierarchy of Need Satisfaction. It occurred to me that anyone that considers themselves "self actualized" would never consider salvation. The problem then becomes, for the evangelist, to convince the individual that self actualization is not the optimum achievement.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I have also been reading your posts for the last six years and you too have a pattern. It is this, you are an attorney and therefore a master of debate. It is imperative for you to win the argument and/or be the final judge.

That being said, I have yet to read an opinion of yours where you state an understanding of how to deal with emotional, dependent or mental health issues.

Not a troll, just an observation.

RonD1120

In the counseling field we encourage clients to think outside the box. I choose to use sphere of consciousness. The concept being, if you want to change you life you have to learn to think in new ways, embrace the unknown.

Living life on life's term can be very scary for those who have insulated themselves from the emotions associated with daily living.

Faith in some belief is required. I chose Jesus after trying several other unsuccessful paths.

Well, Ok, I guess you are using the term "consciousness" differently that I would. Thinking "outside the box" is significantly different from somehow moving beyond our consciousness, which I don't think is possible.

jakee

***The baby has not sinned and thus would not be damed to hell. Just saying

Um, maybe you should tell your friends that:

Born Again Christian – The Meaning
The term “born again Christian” is an often misunderstood. If we look to its original reference, we see that the meaning is not about a physical birth, but about receiving a spiritual renewal. Since the original sin in the garden by Adam (Genesis 3), all mankind is born in a corrupted state by inheritance. It is by that our soul needs to be reborn—made pure and righteous again—the way God created us to be. He provided the way for this to happen, but because God gave us free will, we have a choice to accept it or not.

The baby doesn't need to sin. It's already corrupted.

This topic is best discussed over some Texas Bar B Que:D...Knee Cap to Knee Cap so to speak. I don't believe we can properly discuss this topic here in speakers corner.

billvon

>The baby has not sinned

Google "original sin."

Yea, Yea, Yea...been down this road many times. I'll leave but on example, not that it will provide any answers to un-believer.

Ezekiel 18:20, yep it's from the old testament just incase you didn't know>"Life Application Study Bible, New International Version"

(20) The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.

>Ezekiel 18:20

Psalm 51:5 - "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me."

1 John 8:10 - "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

This topic is best discussed over some Texas Bar B Que...Knee Cap to Knee Cap so to speak. I don't believe we can properly discuss this topic here in speakers corner.

Yeah... I guess it might make more sense to me if I was really drunk;)

But no matter what my state, it's too confusing to have this conversation with two people who disagree on what your side is. You and Ron get together and figure out whether or not babies are sinners and why God cares and then I'll rebut it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You gotta just love them Southern boys from Georgia.

http://allenwestrepublic.com/2015/02/22/cj-pearsons-epic-video-supporting-rudy-guiliani-obama-if-you-did-indeed-love-america/

There have been a lot of alternative programs that have come and gone. Usually, it is a creative attempt to make money or a mislead accepting social or recreational use. Alcoholics and addicts have no stops when using socially.

The 12 Step program provides a plan and a support system. It works if you work it.

billvon

>Ezekiel 18:20

Psalm 51:5 - "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me."

1 John 8:10 - "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

Bill, where we not talking about a Baby???? and if a child were to die just after birth. We need to stay on the subject of the child not the adult who has sinned and then must confess their sin in order to receive forgiveness.