RonD1120

Jihad vs. Crusades Another Examination

I seem to remember that it was partly due to attacks from the Islamic armies and such that the crusades were undertaken.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

I seem to remember that it was partly due to attacks from the Islamic armies and such that the crusades were undertaken.

Yeah, this. Jihad went on for hundreds of years, taking over territory and enslaving inhabitants of those countries. Finally the Christians had enough and pushed back. Fuck Jihad.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***I seem to remember that it was partly due to attacks from the Islamic armies and such that the crusades were undertaken.

Yeah, this. Jihad went on for hundreds of years, taking over territory and enslaving inhabitants of those countries. Finally the Christians had enough and pushed back. Fuck Jihad.

Let me put this politely. You both need to do your historical research.

Again we see the vast difference between the two types of war. So please lets stop attributing equality of death.

I stopped listening after he said he was responding "apologists for Jihad" who talk about "justification for Jihad" so "lets stop talking about Jihad".

Who are these people? Who espouses the argument that Jihad is OK because of the Crusades? Who is he arguing against?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

SkyDekker

Well, nobody expects.....

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise....

winsor

***Well, nobody expects.....

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise....

Don't forget those horrific torture devices, the "soft pillow" and the "comfy chair."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

billvon

>Let me put this politely. You both need to do your historical research.

Research smesearch. Why listen to a book when you can listen to your gut?

Well, I actually listened to Andy since he was at least polite about it.

you should try it.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

riggerrob

Why do Christians insist on insinuating themselves in the Muslim civil war? This civil war pits Sunni Muslims against Shia Muslims. It has been raging for more than a thousand years. Why do non-Muslims meddle?

Maybe they don't like being collateral damage, and they can do something about it.

turtlespeed

***Why do Christians insist on insinuating themselves in the Muslim civil war? This civil war pits Sunni Muslims against Shia Muslims. It has been raging for more than a thousand years. Why do non-Muslims meddle?

Maybe they don't like being collateral damage, and they can do something about it.

1. Why would anyone be collateral damage if they simply don't meddle and keep their noses out of the conflict?

2. Explain how our doing something about it has helped over the past 50 or 100 years.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******Why do Christians insist on insinuating themselves in the Muslim civil war? This civil war pits Sunni Muslims against Shia Muslims. It has been raging for more than a thousand years. Why do non-Muslims meddle?

1. Why would anyone be collateral damage if they simply don't meddle and keep their noses out of the conflict?

>>>>Have you any experience with what an explosion does to someone?

2. Explain how our doing something about it has helped over the past 50 or 100 years.
>>>>In the exact same way as it has when any other country tries to help.

turtlespeed

*********Why do Christians insist on insinuating themselves in the Muslim civil war? This civil war pits Sunni Muslims against Shia Muslims. It has been raging for more than a thousand years. Why do non-Muslims meddle?

If you're not there, the explosion is irrelevant.

So you can't answer. Not surprising, since our meddling hasn't helped at all, it just makes matters worse.

kallend

************Why do Christians insist on insinuating themselves in the Muslim civil war? This civil war pits Sunni Muslims against Shia Muslims. It has been raging for more than a thousand years. Why do non-Muslims meddle?

So you can't answer. Not surprising, since our meddling hasn't helped at all, it just makes matters worse.

I'd be willing to bet the the women in those countries may differ in your opinion.

turtlespeed

***************Why do Christians insist on insinuating themselves in the Muslim civil war? This civil war pits Sunni Muslims against Shia Muslims. It has been raging for more than a thousand years. Why do non-Muslims meddle?

I'd be willing to bet the the women in those countries may differ in your opinion.

STILL avoiding riggerrob's question:

"Why do Christians insist on insinuating themselves in the Muslim civil war? This civil war pits Sunni Muslims against Shia Muslims. It has been raging for more than a thousand years. Why do non-Muslims meddle?"

Explain exactly how our meddling has helped.

kallend

******************Why do Christians insist on insinuating themselves in the Muslim civil war? This civil war pits Sunni Muslims against Shia Muslims. It has been raging for more than a thousand years. Why do non-Muslims meddle?

"Why do Christians insist on insinuating themselves in the Muslim civil war? This civil war pits Sunni Muslims against Shia Muslims. It has been raging for more than a thousand years. Why do non-Muslims meddle?"

First you will have to explain who "We" are.
Or did you meddle directly with a few other people.

turtlespeed

*********************Why do Christians insist on insinuating themselves in the Muslim civil war? This civil war pits Sunni Muslims against Shia Muslims. It has been raging for more than a thousand years. Why do non-Muslims meddle?

You're still weaseling because you can't answer the question honestly.

kallend

************************Why do Christians insist on insinuating themselves in the Muslim civil war? This civil war pits Sunni Muslims against Shia Muslims. It has been raging for more than a thousand years. Why do non-Muslims meddle?

You're still weaseling because you can't answer the question honestly.

Can't answer if you don't give the proper parameters.
Whom did you mean by "our"?

BillyVance

***Weasel.

Imagine that, a college professor resorts to calling users names. :P

He had four opportunities to answer, and evaded each time. The metaphor is appropriate.