those you identified (those with the below 100 IQ) voted for and support Obama

Wow. How did you find out?

Do you support Obama?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

airdvr

But half of all Americans have IQ < 100.

For someone who is so heavily a part of the education system why do you suppose that is the case and what are you doing to change it? Or is it your contention that you can't fix stupid?

Whoosh...

I thought you'd figure IQ and education are mutually exclusive. Ummm...you'd be wrong.

Ummm, that's not what he's figuring.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

For someone who is so heavily a part of the education system why do you suppose that is the case and what are you doing to change it? Or is it your contention that you can't fix stupid?

Whoosh...

I thought you'd figure IQ and education are mutually exclusive. Ummm...you'd be wrong.

Why not just let the perfesser speak for himself.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Whoosh...

Whooshety whoosh.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

airdvr

******I thought you'd figure IQ and education are mutually exclusive. Ummm...you'd be wrong.

He has, I just thought I'd help you with your comprehension problem.

Oh well, you obviously prefer being in the dark so no worries mate:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

kallend

Where is the connection to the easy access of every American idiot to weapons?

there is no connection as most are not idiots

Somehow I don't think Ms. Sabine was using "idiot" to mean "IQ < X, where X varies depending on whether you're using the historic or modern definition of IQ calculation."

I'd actually feel safer around an idiot that has basic firearms safety training than around politicians (who are generally not idiots) that like to hold up firearms when they talk about laws that someone else wrote for them.

wolfriverjoe

***The amount of blindness and complete disregard of the truth here is mind boggling. Do not break the law and your chances of ending up being shot by a cop are next to 0. Will there ever be an accidental shooting yep but if your not breaking the law or with someone breaking the law that chance is seriously reduced and you have zero chance of getting killed by a cop in any other manner. Before the professor says something totally off point you can end up dead by a cop just minded your own business while they are pursuing a law breaker so no the chance of being zero isn't really zero

Not really.
There's a ton of stories about people who weren't breaking any laws being shot by the cops.
Aiello in New York, the old guy digging through his car in Florida, even the kid in Cleveland.
Playing with a toy gun isn't illegal. Pointing it at people isn't necessarily illegal. He didn't point it at the cop, he just didn't put his hands up when the cop told him to. He may well have been trying to throw it away. We'll never know.

The "Run toward the sound of the guns" mentality so prevalent among the cops these days is a big part of the problem.
While it might* be necessary for "active shooter" situations, it is totally inappropriate for almost everything else.

* I say might because I don't know of any "active shooter" situations that the cops have stopped, except maybe Ft hood, but that was MPs, not civilian cops.
At Columbine, injured people ended up dying because nobody was willing to enter the school. Harris & Klebold had already committed suicide by the time the cops arrived.
Cho (Virginia Tech) committed suicide before the cops arrived.
Lanza (Sandy Hook) did too.
Holmes (Colorado) had stopped shooting and was trying to sneak out in the confusion.
Loughner was captured by bystanders when he stopped to reload (incidentally, an armed civilian was approaching the scene and would have engaged Loughner had the others not grabbed him).
Hasan (Ft Hood) was captured by military police. But they were in the vicinity when the shooting started. And one was shot and seriously wounded in the exchange of gunfire. you Said a ton of stories so you have 2000 stories of people being killed minding their own business doing nothing at all? Death by cop is real and humans being human mistakes will happen but a ton(2000)? I highly doubt your going to find 2000 on the last say 48 years that no one was involved in or directly in the line of an illegal activity. But since you said it please show us your reference for a "ton"

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

champu

Where is the connection to the easy access of every American idiot to weapons?

there is no connection as most are not idiots

But half of all Americans have IQ
Somehow I don't think Ms. Sabine was using "idiot" to mean "IQ
I'd actually feel safer around an idiot that has basic firearms safety training than around politicians (who are generally not idiots) that like to hold up firearms when they talk about laws that someone else wrote for them.

Absolutely correct. And thx for the 'Ms. Sabine' ...;)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Well, the word "ton" is used hyperbolically. Besides, if I was being literal, it wouldn't be 2000 examples, it would be 2000 pounds of examples. :P

There's a lot of examples out there. The LA cops shooting up the two ladies delivering newspapers because their truck was blue (not the same color blue, not the same make and model truck) is another good one. They sued and either won or settled.

And botched "no knock" search warrants happen way too often.

http://www.cato.org/raidmap

And a quick search found Innocent Down, a site dedicated to people wrongly shot by cops. Not all are complete misunderstandings. Some are understandable mistakes. Some are simply the "heat of the moment."

My point (without the hyperbole) is that the chances of the cops shooting and killing innocent people who are just minding their own business is a lot greater than "next to zero."

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Not only is a US person about 100x more likely to be killed by a cop than a Briton, German, Australian or Italian, but US cops are about 100x more likely to be killed than cops in those countries.

catfishhunter

******The amount of blindness and complete disregard of the truth here is mind boggling. Do not break the law and your chances of ending up being shot by a cop are next to 0. Will there ever be an accidental shooting yep but if your not breaking the law or with someone breaking the law that chance is seriously reduced and you have zero chance of getting killed by a cop in any other manner. Before the professor says something totally off point you can end up dead by a cop just minded your own business while they are pursuing a law breaker so no the chance of being zero isn't really zero

Not really.
There's a ton of stories about people who weren't breaking any laws being shot by the cops.
Aiello in New York, the old guy digging through his car in Florida, even the kid in Cleveland.
Playing with a toy gun isn't illegal. Pointing it at people isn't necessarily illegal. He didn't point it at the cop, he just didn't put his hands up when the cop told him to. He may well have been trying to throw it away. We'll never know.

The "Run toward the sound of the guns" mentality so prevalent among the cops these days is a big part of the problem.
While it might* be necessary for "active shooter" situations, it is totally inappropriate for almost everything else.

* I say might because I don't know of any "active shooter" situations that the cops have stopped, except maybe Ft hood, but that was MPs, not civilian cops.
At Columbine, injured people ended up dying because nobody was willing to enter the school. Harris & Klebold had already committed suicide by the time the cops arrived.
Cho (Virginia Tech) committed suicide before the cops arrived.
Lanza (Sandy Hook) did too.
Holmes (Colorado) had stopped shooting and was trying to sneak out in the confusion.
Loughner was captured by bystanders when he stopped to reload (incidentally, an armed civilian was approaching the scene and would have engaged Loughner had the others not grabbed him).
Hasan (Ft Hood) was captured by military police. But they were in the vicinity when the shooting started. And one was shot and seriously wounded in the exchange of gunfire. you Said a ton of stories so you have 2000 stories of people being killed minding their own business doing nothing at all? Death by cop is real and humans being human mistakes will happen but a ton(2000)? I highly doubt your going to find 2000 on the last say 48 years that no one was involved in or directly in the line of an illegal activity. But since you said it please show us your reference for a "ton"

A "ton" used figuratively is an undefined number. "Doing a ton" refers to 100mph in some English speaking cultures. A "long ton" is 20 cwt., 80 quarters or 1016kg. A short ton is 907kg. How many bricks in "a ton of bricks"? And how big is each brick?

A "ton" used figuratively is an undefined number. "Doing a ton" refers to 100mph in some English speaking cultures. A "long ton" is 20 cwt., 80 quarters or 1016kg. A short ton is 907kg. How many bricks in "a ton of bricks"? And how big is each brick?

All of that is fucking complete horse shit kallend and you know it, something something obama, some thing something dems!!!! What really matters is the answer to what a Shit Ton is!!;);)

Ninja edit. Serious question. Do you think it is proper and acceptable to start a sentence with and. And if you dont why.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

All of that is fucking complete horse shit kallend and you know it, something something obama, some thing something dems!!!! What really matters is the answer to what a Shit Ton is!!;);)

Ninja edit. Serious question. Do you think it is proper and acceptable to start a sentence with and. And if you dont why.

It is proper and acceptable. References: www.getitwriteonline.com/archive/032601startsentandbut.htm
www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/can-i-start-a-sentence-with-a-conjunction

blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2012/01/can-i-start-a-sentence-with-a-conjunction/

What isn't acceptable is the omission of apostrophes and required commas.:P

Its funny to see that has changed, or was told to us incorrectly. When I was in school they told us it was never acceptable to start a sentence with and. In my daughters reader book this week the story about George Washington Carver is about 10 pages long, and in about every other paragraph a sentence starts with and. Weird.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Andy9o8

******It's important to never split infinitives, or use a preposition to end a sentence with.

You shouldn't verb nouns either.

Did you wordsmith that by yourself?

I ain't never done nothing like that!