Anvilbrother

What is so evil about requiring id to vote?

I get to vote in an Alberta Provincial by-election next week and what I get to experience for the first time in my life is that I get to vote for or vote against the leader of the incumbent party as this leader is trying to win a seat and become the Province's Premier after the previous Premier stepped down once her corruption became too much for even her biggest allies to stomach and this incumbent candidate chose my riding to run in. You better believe this is an important election that could very well be too close to call until all the votes are cast and counted.

When I received my voter card telling me where to vote and when I could vote, the card also asked me to bring two forms of ID, one being a picture ID with a long list of acceptable picture IDs they would accept and the other ID being another long list of IDs. There had to be a good 30 to 40 forms of ID they would accept. Oh and here in Alberta there is not a law that states no-ID, no-vote. But that doesn't stop the election officials from asking people to properly identify themselves, to verify that they do indeed live in the jurisdiction.

So tell me how would you feel if you showed up in an election you think is extremely important only to be told "Sorry you're on record for already voting". Does it happen often? Of course not. It's pretty rare. But it can and has happened and I will be extremely pissed off if on Monday I am denied my right to democracy. Government screws me over in so many different ways, voting for or against the incumbent Party's candidate is the only way I know to fight back against the system. It does not take too much effort to identify yourself to the election official so that I don't steal your vote or you don't steal mine. Seriously, you're telling me you can't come up with two sets of IDs from a list of close to 40 different acceptable forms of IDs? What a joke. You don't believe in democracy. You only believe in preserving your entitlements.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

All moot when a bunch of senior Tea Partiers and Republicans have been caught out ADMITTING that the purpose is to decrease the Democratic vote.

Examples given previously in this thread.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Keeps getting better

With the North Carolina U.S. Senate race in a dead heta, state election officials say they have discovered 145 names on the voting rolls who are ineligible to vote because they are illegal immigrants who have been granted President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status.

According to a Winston-Salem Journal report, the State Board of Elections discovered the potential illegal voters Tuesday night when the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles ran a search for DACA licenses. The 145 DACA recipients whose names appear on the SBOE’s voting rolls will be sent letters requesting documentation that they are citizens, the report noted.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/22/Ineligible-DACA-Beneficiaries-Discovered-On-NC-Voting-Rolls
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hmmmm

HOUSTON, Texas -- The Supreme Court ruled last week that Texas' Voter ID law will be applied to November's midterm elections. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg strongly opposes the law and wrote a scathing seven-page dissenting opinion with Justices Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor late Friday night. On Wednesday, the Supreme Court announced that her opinion contained an error -- as a result, a rare alteration was made to what Ginsburg wrote.

Ginsburg had originally written that Texas' voter ID law "may prevent more than 600,000 registered Texas voters from voting in person for lack of compliant identification." She additionally complained that photo ID cards issued by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs are not an acceptable form of voter ID in Texas -- even though they actually are acceptable.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/10/23/Supreme-Court-Corrects-Mistake-in-Liberal-Justices-Texas-Voter-ID-Dissent
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

With the North Carolina U.S. Senate race in a dead heta, state election officials say they have discovered 145 names on the voting rolls who are ineligible to vote because they are illegal immigrants who have been granted President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status.

According to a Winston-Salem Journal report, the State Board of Elections discovered the potential illegal voters Tuesday night when the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles ran a search for DACA licenses. The 145 DACA recipients whose names appear on the SBOE’s voting rolls will be sent letters requesting documentation that they are citizens, the report noted.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/22/Ineligible-DACA-Beneficiaries-Discovered-On-NC-Voting-Rolls

Why the the first first paragraph say they were ineligible, while the second paragraph twice says they may be ineligible? Did you read the second one?

kallend

All moot when a bunch of senior Tea Partiers and Republicans have been caught out ADMITTING that the purpose is to decrease the Democratic vote.

This seems timely: Fox News Hosts urge young women not to vote, not serve on juries. Go back to Tinder and match.com.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/22/fox-news-young-women-voters-kimberly-guilfoyle-midterm-election_n_6028054.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

So in other words, they have one of the required forms of ID (drivers license), but are possibly not eligible.

I wonder if any of them have actually tried to vote?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

So in other words, they have one of the required forms of ID (drivers license), but are possibly not eligible.

Wendy P.

If they registered, it seems like a reasonable expectation. But if they just checked a box on a DMV form that added voter registration, perhaps not. The check the state did should probably be done at the time of registration rather than on an adhoc basis. Computers are very capable of this.

kelpdiver

***So in other words, they have one of the required forms of ID (drivers license), but are possibly not eligible.

Wendy P.

If they registered, it seems like a reasonable expectation. But if they just checked a box on a DMV form that added voter registration, perhaps not. The check the state did should probably be done at the time of registration rather than on an adhoc basis. Computers are very capable of this.

Or they were visited by an aggressive "Get out the vote" campaign.

Door knockers who register people. They are as bad as any door-to-door salesman. I've heard stories about people who weren't eligible to vote and tried to explain this, but the door knockers wouldn't take no for an answer. So the form got filled out, but the person never voted.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Or they were visited by an aggressive "Get out the vote" campaign.

Door knockers who register people. They are as bad as any door-to-door salesman. I've heard stories about people who weren't eligible to vote and tried to explain this, but the door knockers wouldn't take no for an answer. So the form got filled out, but the person never voted.

True - these guys, along with the petition signature gatherers, are salesman who get paid everytime they can get someone to sign their name. "The authorities will sort out the bad ones."

Dems are CAUGHT advocating voter fraud many times.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/390893/james-okeefe-strikes-again-john-fund

James O’Keefe, the guerilla filmmaker who brought down the ACORN voter-registration fraudsters in 2010 and forced the resignation of NPR executives, politely disagrees. Today, he is releasing some new undercover footage that raises disturbing questions about ballot integrity in Colorado, the site of fiercely contested races for the U.S. Senate, the U.S. House, and the governorship. When he raised the issue of filling out some of the unused ballots that are mailed to every household in the state this month, he was told by Meredith Hicks, the director of Work for Progress, a liberal group funded by Democratic Super PACS.: “That is not even like lying or something, if someone throws out a ballot, like if you want to fill it out you should do it.” She then brazenly offered O’Keefe, disguised as a middle-aged college instructor, a job with her group.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

masterrig

Yes
I read last night that as many as 6% of non-citizens are voting
That is NOT a small deal
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Yes
That is NOT a small deal

You are going to have to state which elections you are talking about. Some elections (non-federal) non-citizens are allowed to vote.

SkyDekker

Yes
That is NOT a small deal

You are going to have to state which elections you are talking about. Some elections (non-federal) non-citizens are allowed to vote.

Take your pick

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/29/la-raza-promotes-washington-post-guide-on-where-people-can-vote-without-an-id/

The pro-amnesty Hispanic activist organization the National Council of La Raza helpfully promoted a Washington Post article explaining which states people can vote in without having to use a photo ID.

“Voter ID laws are at-issue across the country, with newly Republican-controlled legislatures having passed them in numerous states after the 2010 election,” explained The Washington Post’s Aaron Blake. “Most states still request some form of ID, but don’t require it. Another 20 states don’t require identification. In case you’re wondering where your state is at in all of this, a helpful (sic) graphic from the Post’s graphics team.”

So who ended up using the Post’s helpful graphic? The country’s foremost pro-amnesty Hispanic immigrant organization.

Abraham Lincoln

This is fun stuff too>:(

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/10/28/ballot-switch-claims/

Md. Board of Elections Probe Republican-To-Democratic Ballot Switch Claims

and

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-illinois-votes-republicans-switched-democrats_817687.html

Two Illinois voters say their attempts to vote early for Republicans on an electronic voting machine were registered as votes for Democrats—and they say have the video evidence to prove it.

Maybe this is just republicans putting the storied together ahead of time to explain big losses?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Yes
That is NOT a small deal

No, it's not. A good number of illegals are afraid of a paper trail and getting shipped out of the country.
Politicians don't care who the votes come from, just so long as they keep their jobs. I believe that is the big reason so many politicians vote for amnesty for illegals with the under tone of 'Hey! Don't forget me at the polls!'

Chuck

rushmc

Yes
That is NOT a small deal

Take your pick

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/29/la-raza-promotes-washington-post-guide-on-where-people-can-vote-without-an-id/

The pro-amnesty Hispanic activist organization the National Council of La Raza helpfully promoted a Washington Post article explaining which states people can vote in without having to use a photo ID.

“Voter ID laws are at-issue across the country, with newly Republican-controlled legislatures having passed them in numerous states after the 2010 election,” explained The Washington Post’s Aaron Blake. “Most states still request some form of ID, but don’t require it. Another 20 states don’t require identification. In case you’re wondering where your state is at in all of this, a helpful (sic) graphic from the Post’s graphics team.”

So who ended up using the Post’s helpful graphic? The country’s foremost pro-amnesty Hispanic immigrant organization.

So you think that illegal immigrants have the resources to travel to different states to vote?

I also watched the original video from Fox News...Lot's of maybe, could have, is open to, might. In other words, no actual evidence of facts. You guys sure know how to make mountains out of molehills.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/10/29/massive-non-citizen-voting-uncovered-in-maryland/

An election integrity watchdog group is suing the state of Maryland, alleging that it has discovered massive and ongoing fraudulent voting by non-U.S. citizens in one county. But because of the way that the non-citizens are able to cast votes in elections, the fraud is likely happening in every single county and subdivision across the state. The group believes that the illegal voting has been happening for years.

If true
What say you people who say, "Ah, happens so little whats the point?"
Abraham Lincoln

And the second paragraph of the story:

The group, Virginia Voters Alliance, says that it compared how voters in Frederick County filled out jury duty statements compared with their voting records. The group’s investigation found that thousands of people in Frederick County who stated that they are not U.S. citizens on jury duty forms went on to cast votes in elections. Either they failed to tell the truth when they were summoned for jury duty, or they cast illegal votes. Both are crimes. The same group previously found that about 40,000 people are registered to vote in both Virginia and Maryland.

It is possible that a citizen's desire to avoid jury duty is stronger than an alien's desire to vote?

- Dan G