It is sad really
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

and yes
I got your going ups comment:S

Yep, Second multiple shooting in a week. The Bell, FL, case of the grandfather who shot his daughter and grandkids was sad too.

There ARE some people who shouldn't have guns.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***and yes
I got your going ups comment:S

Yep, Second multiple shooting in a week. The Bell, FL, case of the grandfather who shot his daughter and grandkids was sad too.

These same people are the problem
Not the guns

How is it going in Chicago these days?
Abraham Lincoln

muff528

***USPS the most underrated and unappreciated US institution. Well the public library comes to mind too.

Love the USPS best bang for the buck and they have never let me down.

Hey, we agree on something!:)
Silly people still think it costs just 44 cents.

U.S. Postal Service back for record $14 billion subsidy
http://www.examiner.com/article/u-s-postal-service-back-for-record-14-billion-subsidy
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

kallend

The Bell, FL, case of the grandfather who shot his daughter and grandkids was sad too.

Like the Bell, FL shooter. Who was not allowed to have a gun because he as a convicted felon. Yet he got one.

There was a law. Probably several. And it didn't matter. Maybe if there were a few hundred more laws that made his possession illegal it would have served as a deterrent. It would have made it double secret illegal for him to shoot his family members. Fella was nice enough to call the police, though, which is the only appropriate response to a crime.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

normiss

Yep.
With the level on insanity some of them are at, I still don't understand how we as a society don't do more to protect them from themselves and us from them of course.
We must start handling nut jobs differently.

Why do people assume mental health is a static state? 'Crazy' people aren't crazy the day they are born. You can be shining beacon of mental health one day and lose it all on another.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

lawrocket

***The Bell, FL, case of the grandfather who shot his daughter and grandkids was sad too.

Like the Bell, FL shooter. Who was not allowed to have a gun because he as a convicted felon. Yet he got one.

There was a law. Probably several. And it didn't matter. Maybe if there were a few hundred more laws that made his possession illegal it would have served as a deterrent. It would have made it double secret illegal for him to shoot his family members. Fella was nice enough to call the police, though, which is the only appropriate response to a crime.

Yup. The easy availability of guns is the problem.

Edited to add: And the easy availability of ammunition.

SkyDekker

******The Bell, FL, case of the grandfather who shot his daughter and grandkids was sad too.

Yup. The easy availability of guns is the problem.

Edited to add: And the easy availability of ammunition.

If this is trully the case, then your solution would be to remove guns from the law abiding and let only the criminals have them

Not that is some well thought out solution there cowboy:S
Abraham Lincoln

lawrocket

***The Bell, FL, case of the grandfather who shot his daughter and grandkids was sad too.

I don't believe I have ever called for MORE gun laws.

I have regularly called for more effective enforcement of existing laws.

Without knowing exactly what was going on that led to this incident, I can't say for sure why but the rumor was this guy had been there maybe 25 years and was nearing retirement. Was fired within a month. He appealed. Appeal was denied days ago.

A white male with a wife and two girls in a nice community...

You never know. Guns aren't the problem. If he wanted to, he could have waited outside until the supervisor came out, and then ran him over, or stabbed him to death, or any other number of different ways you can kill someone.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If this is trully the case, then your solution would be to remove guns from the law abiding and let only the criminals have them

Idiotic logic.

No, that isn't the solution. There is no quick solution for the US. There are just too many guns already in circulation.

Your Founding Fathers unintentionally laid the groundwork for a very violent society. Any possible solution has an extremely long time frame before it would be effective...along the line of generations.

Simply not going to happen. So, just learn to live with the incredibly high murder and gun death rate. It is simply the price you as a society has to pay.

BillyVance

You never know. Guns aren't the problem. If he wanted to, he could have waited outside until the supervisor came out, and then ran him over, or stabbed him to death, or any other number of different ways you can kill someone.

So what % of murders are committed with guns in the US? What % with knives or swords or ice picks? What % by deliberately running someone down with a vehicle? What % by deliberate drowning in a swimming pool?

Answer that and you get an idea of where the problem is.

[Reply]
Simply not going to happen. So, just learn to live with the incredibly high murder and gun death rate. It is simply the price you as a society has to pay.

Correct. A larger issue, though, is that there are more and more calls for the banning of defensive use of weapons by the law abiding, primary accomplished through dispossession of guns and a permit process whicch requires an affirmative demonstration of "need."

Rather than allowing people to defend themselves. Robbers, burglars, etc., prefer easy targets. Little to nothing can prevent the random acts of violence.

Freedom has a cost. Security does, as well.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>If this is trully the case, then your solution would be to remove guns from the law
>abiding and let only the criminals have them

Personally I want to remove guns from criminals and crazy people and only let sane law abiding adults have them.

I know, that makes me "them" - a liberal who probably is afraid of guns and wants the government to give me a free flat screen TV. Heck, I probably drive a Prius and speak French. C'est la vie.

kallend

******The Bell, FL, case of the grandfather who shot his daughter and grandkids was sad too.

I don't believe I have ever called for MORE gun laws.

I have regularly called for more effective enforcement of existing laws.

You've never called for background checks on person to person (non dealer) sales of firearms? I must have misremembered. You've never suggested psych evals as part of a requirement for owning a firearm? I must have made too many inferences from your complete vague position on the subject.

Because if you'd done either of those two, it would be more laws.
--
Rob