wmw999

How was Bush better than Obama / How is Obama better than Bush

Before the lefties go ape shit..... I have NO problem with you supporting his actions, the question was has his actions damaged relationships....for some people Obama seems to be very supportive of one race.

I think what he's actually done, and the perception of what he's done don't reflect the same reality.

- Dan G

Why don't you go a little deeper in that explanation, I'd really like to understand your point - if there is actually one in that comment.

What I meant was that many of the things attributed to Obama never really happened. You yourself recently posted an e-mail where Obama supposedly lowered the nation's flags for Whitney Houston, but not for a fallen General. It was quickly debunked, but crap like that is all over the internet.

Specifically regarding race relations, I can't think of anything Obama himself has done or said that could be responsible for deteriorating race relations. Someone mentioned the "beer summit" (I think it was you) but that was clearly an attempt to calm race relations, not incite racial tension. The meme that Obama thinks anyone who opposes him is a racist has no basis in anything he's ever said. The blogosphere takes statements from Oprah and Samuel L. Jackson, and blows them way out of proportion. Even the recent comments by Eric Holder were misconstrued, misquoted, and used to fire up racial hatred not by the Administration, but by the right wing internet.

If anyone has responsibility for worsening race relations, it is the right wing sites like brietbart and the Blaze, not Obama.

- Dan G

DanG

Really? That's Obama's fault? What, exactly, has he done to degrade race relations?

Research "Obama & Stupidly"

Look at the New Black Panthers not being prosecuted for voting law infractions

Those are just two.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You yourself recently posted an e-mail where Obama supposedly lowered the nation's flags for Whitney Houston, but not for a fallen General. It was quickly debunked, but crap like that is all over the internet.

Ease up killer, I "myself" indicated that I wanted to know if that was true. It was quickly "debunked" not by you but others.

I can't think of anything Obama himself has done or said that could be responsible for deteriorating race relations. Someone mentioned the "beer summit" (I think it was you) but that was clearly an attempt to calm race relations, not incite racial tension."

It was me that mention that, it was mention in the manner that Obama stuck his noise into something that many believe he shouldn't have - and it did raise tension in race relations. It wouldn't have been near the big deal if Obama had keep his comments to his self. I believe that is a great example where HE has interjected himself into a racial situation and done harm. (Of course you may disagree)

I disagree that is a "right wing" issue all together, but they certainly add to it.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

DanG

Before the lefties go ape shit..... I have NO problem with you supporting his actions, the question was has his actions damaged relationships....for some people Obama seems to be very supportive of one race.

I think what he's actually done, and the perception of what he's done don't reflect the same reality.

Pretty much....

I am betting that the majority of the congress critters that met just after the election in 2008 and pledged to shoot down anything this president tries to do.. have never had the same experiences that he and MOST blacks have had of trying to exist or driving.. walking... living in America while being black....

Ease up killer, I "myself" indicated that I wanted to know if that was true. It was quickly "debunked" not by you but others.

Ease up yourself. I never said you believed it, I was just pointing out that shit like that is rampant. Many people more gullible than yourself would have just taken it as a fact and moved on.

- Dan G

Andy9o8

Obama doesn't always mean what he says. Bush, on the other hand, meant what he said, but he didn't understand it.

Hmm - which is better, A lie by intent, or a lie by ignorance?

Which one does immoral character define??
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

***Obama doesn't always mean what he says. Bush, on the other hand, meant what he said, but he didn't understand it.

I suppose it all depends on where Darth Cheneys hand is at while trying to make the dummies lips move

Amazon

******Obama doesn't always mean what he says. Bush, on the other hand, meant what he said, but he didn't understand it.

I suppose it all depends on where Darth Cheneys hand is at while trying to make the dummies lips move

So adult.

turtlespeed

*********Obama doesn't always mean what he says. Bush, on the other hand, meant what he said, but he didn't understand it.

So adult.

Shut up, poopie-breath.

Andy9o8

************Obama doesn't always mean what he says. Bush, on the other hand, meant what he said, but he didn't understand it.

So adult.

Shut up, poopie-breath.

:o

Andy9o8

which is better, A lie by intent, or a lie by ignorance?

Oh, I expect most presidents to be perjurious. But I draw the line at criminally stupid.

So you draw the line at Obama, or do you let it go past Bush?

Andy9o8

Oh, I expect most presidents to be perjurious. But I draw the line at criminally stupid.

Let's draw some lines here.

The President (regardless of who it happens to be at the time) will by the very nature of the job occasionally be required to tell a lie; not in court under oath, but in public and to the media.

Personally I would like to see a law enacted where all public statements by public officials would be considered to be under oath and subject to perjury laws, but in some cases it is, in fact, a requirement of the job.

Stupidity, is never a requirement of the job.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

The President (regardless of who it happens to be at the time) will by the very nature of the job occasionally be required to tell a lie; not in court under oath, but in public and to the media.

Personally I would like to see a law enacted where all public statements by public officials would be considered to be under oath and subject to perjury laws, but in some cases it is, in fact, a requirement of the job.

Yet Obama does it so well, it almost seem like a job requirement.

quade

Yeah.. just try to enforce that on those over there on the other side of that Thin Blue Line... Good luck with that one.[:/]

I'll play...

Bush was much better with ranch work.
Obama has a better short iron and putting game.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

billvon

>Bush was much better with ranch work.
>Obama has a better short iron and putting game.

Bush was a better guy to have a beer with.
Obama is better at making beer.

now that's a bi-partisan opportunity if I ever saw one

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Bush was a better guy to have a beer with

Maybe he was, but not for a long time. He quit drinking years ago.

I met GWB once very briefly. He seemed like a nice enough guy. I don't think he was Presidential material, but I think he was and is a decent man. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Obama.

- Dan G