stayhigh

Washington Redskins. Needs to change their team name?

SkyDekker

***>So before you decide if nigger is pejorative you need to poll the black population?

No, that's pretty clear.

But is the term"niggardly" a pejorative? How about "African-American?" Or "black?" Or "Negro?" I'd leave that up to them. I am a good authority on what offends me - other people are better authorities on what offends them.

Why is "nigger" clear, but "redskins" needs a poll?

Probably because you don't see American Indian Rappers, going all ghetto gansta and calling each other redskins.:S
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I've only had handful of black friends. They all hate the term African-American.

One said, "I've been to Africa, I'm not fucking African-American, I'm nothing like Africans, I'm black."

Those responses came from a blacks that were close enough to joke about their love for the fried chicken and watermelons.

He goes, "Don't tell me you don't like fried chicken and watermelon, everyone loves fried chicken and watermelon."
:D:D:D
You can joke about watermelon and fried chickens but dude, DO NOT ever say nigger in any form of fashion in front of them. It is their own word. Just don't do it, unless you wanna see really pissed off black dude.

One more thing to add, white people calling asians "oriental". Asian refers to people and its ethnicity. Oriental refers to a fucking rug.

Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Actually, the word "Asians" is one of my pet peeves. You are talking about more than half the worlds population. It's a whole truckload of races and ethnicities. When you say Asian, who do you mean? Indians? Japanese? Mongolians? Kazakhs?

"An ethnicity, or ethnic group, is a socially-defined category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural, or national experience"
Never try to eat more than you can lift

turtlespeed

******>So before you decide if nigger is pejorative you need to poll the black population?

No, that's pretty clear.

But is the term"niggardly" a pejorative? How about "African-American?" Or "black?" Or "Negro?" I'd leave that up to them. I am a good authority on what offends me - other people are better authorities on what offends them.

Probably because you don't see American Indian Rappers, going all ghetto gansta and calling each other redskins.:S

Figures you would need a rapper to define what is derogatory for you.

stayhigh

I've only had handful of black friends. They all hate the term African-American.

One said, "I've been to Africa, I'm not fucking African-American, I'm nothing like Africans, I'm black."

Those responses came from a blacks that were close enough to joke about their love for the fried chicken and watermelons.

He goes, "Don't tell me you don't like fried chicken and watermelon, everyone loves fried chicken and watermelon."
You can joke about watermelon and fried chickens but dude, DO NOT ever say nigger in any form of fashion in front of them. It is their own word. Just don't do it, unless you wanna see really pissed off black dude.

One more thing to add, white people calling asians "oriental". Asian refers to people and its ethnicity. Oriental refers to a fucking rug.

I don't understand that, either. If I say someone is Oriental, you know I am referencing Southeast Asian ethnicities. 'Asian' includes most every ethnicity to include Russian, Indian, Caucasian, etc.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

***I've only had handful of black friends. They all hate the term African-American.

I don't understand that, either. If I say someone is Oriental, you know I am referencing Southeast Asian ethnicities. 'Asian' includes most every ethnicity to include Russian, Indian, Caucasian, etc.

And oriental or asian beats the shit out of the terms used to refer to SouthEast Asians during my time in the service from 1971 to 1979... which I will refrain from digging out of my memory.[:/]

SkyDekker

*********>So before you decide if nigger is pejorative you need to poll the black population?

No, that's pretty clear.

Again . . . your supposition is baseless.

The ghetto culture offends me, does it offend you?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

************>So before you decide if nigger is pejorative you need to poll the black population?

No, that's pretty clear.

Again . . . your supposition is baseless.

The ghetto culture offends me, does it offend you?

I think the ghetto culture is a reflection of how many people feel. It offends me in the sense that as a society we should be able to do much better. We should be able to shape and create a society where far less people feel hopeless, oppressed and without future.

Maybe the thought should be, why do so many people identify with what you call "ghetto culture"?

Exactly. Unfortunately those options are seen as bordering on communist. If only they would work harder, everything would be fine is frequently heard. Or how lazy they must be etc.

I have mentioned it before in a different thread. You need a strong middle class to make society work. In the US (and many other Western countries) you see a large decline in middle class and a growing disparity between poor and rich. This is causing problems, which will grow in scope and severity over time.

SkyDekker

Exactly. Unfortunately those options are seen as bordering on communist. If only they would work harder, everything would be fine is frequently heard. Or how lazy they must be etc.

I have mentioned it before in a different thread. You need a strong middle class to make society work. In the US (and many other Western countries) you see a large decline in middle class and a growing disparity between poor and rich. This is causing problems, which will grow in scope and severity over time.

That is why the 1% are supporting the militarization of the police and government agencies are buying billions of rounds of ammunition. They are hired guns no longer serving and protecting the people.

normiss

Can't we make better options for inner city poor than a ghetto environment with no education, no jobs, no hope?
It's very rare for anyone to break free of the poverty there.

Sure. Just legalize drugs and prostitution for consenting adults. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I am very offended by the name Washington Redskins

Time to change the name to Redskins
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>but also turn them into drug dealers . . . .
Well, turn drug dealers into pharmacists.

>legal sex slaves.
You've got a contradiction in those three words there.

I thnk it's informative to compare the sex industry in Detroit to the sex industry in Winnemucca, Nevada.

While I clearly didn't word it correctly, it wasn't my idea.
:P

Pharmacists? LOL That's funny.
You ever see what happens to pharmacies in those neighborhoods? People break in, shoot employees, steal scripts.
Oxy-whatever seems to be the current favorite.

Yes, the differences in sex "industries" is generally clear.

>You ever see what happens to pharmacies in those neighborhoods? People
>break in, shoot employees, steal scripts.

Definitely agreed there. Still, I bet parents would far prefer their kids to be pharmacists than cocaine dealers in today's legal climate. (The kids would probably be better off, too.)

normiss

While I clearly didn't word it correctly, it wasn't my idea.
:P

Pharmacists? LOL That's funny.
You ever see what happens to pharmacies in those neighborhoods? People break in, shoot employees, steal scripts.
Oxy-whatever seems to be the current favorite.

Yes, the differences in sex "industries" is generally clear.

Quality too - GHEEZE - you should see it!:ph34r: