Anvilbrother

Riots over a shoting turn into free jordans and 40's

Sounds like they have a lawyer on staff going through the information first making sure they don't release info the need to hold on for court, and passing the cost onto the person making the lawyer do the work.

It's not uncommon. We had the same thing happen here. Our city used all private company to handle all city services to save money. Well something came up about a contract and there was a bunch of info requests that the local paper wanted from the city council regarding the budget, and there was actual sensitive info on some of the emails and documents that they had to pay a lawyer to redact. They made the paper pay for the costs

normiss

no.
Misspeak occasionally, yes.
The charges they are applying to the requests are outrageous.
How ever you express that.
Or stick your head back in the sand.

I was off with the word "free". Sue me.

Get defensive much?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jcd11235

***no.
Misspeak occasionally, yes.
The charges they are applying to the requests are outrageous.
How ever you express that.
Or stick your head back in the sand.

I was off with the word "free". Sue me.

Get defensive much?

I was with you on the backpedaling comment. But now you're just being a dick.
--
Rob

Why? The twitter post did not say that her friend which is on the grand jury said that. I read it as I know someone on the grand jury. There isn't enough to warrant an arrest at this point. It it a crime to tell people your on a grand jury if that is all you say?

normiss

Ha!

comments section on this one

Now I'm curious what the deciding factor is when choosing which stories get the comments enabled and which ones do not!

I haven't figured it out either...I think it's Opinion stories and CNN Money that still have comments...

Anywhere a racial slur or gay slur is relevant to the story, I think they disable it.

cvfd1399

Why? The twitter post did not say that her friend which is on the grand jury said that. I read it as I know someone on the grand jury. There isn't enough to warrant an arrest at this point. It it a crime to tell people your on a grand jury if that is all you say?

Read the tweet again, all of it. It says: "I know someone sitting on the grand jury of this case. There isn't enough at this point to warrant an arrest."

Whether you're allowed to disclose the mere fact that you're of sitting on a grand jury (but nothing more) depends on the instructions of the jury's supervising judge, and sometimes on the jurisdiction. If the judge prohibits even that, then you can't say even that. In some jurisdictions, however, the identities of grand jurors must be kept confidential; even the jurors themselves may not violate that by identifying themselves as jurors.

In this case, if the tweeter was simply lying outright about knowing someone on the GJ, then she did nothing unlawful.

If the grand juror did discuss the substance of the case with the tweeter, the juror's doing that was unlawful. If the tweeter then repeated what the juror told her (other than reporting that to authorities), that may or may not be unlawful; it's a grey area that depends on the jurisdiction and the specific circumstances of what happened.

I know someone sitting on the grand jury of this case. There isn't enough at this point to warrant an arrest.

Subjective to the reader

I know someone sitting on the grand jury of this case. She told me there isn't enough at this point to warrant an arrest.

Objective

The cop is screwed no matter what happen. Perhaps he should be charged but I believe he will be charged no matter what.

Did everyone see the news today? The city is getting ready for race riots IF he is not charged. Don't you think that being on national news now was just a little obvious?

Still lot's of black on black murder but that's ok..... the leaders of the black community will get around to that issue....just a little later..... right.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little