Anvilbrother

Riots over a shoting turn into free jordans and 40's

A new autopsy report revealed to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has now put the final nail in the coffin of the Michael Brown “Gentle Giant” narrative. Proponents of prosecuting Officer Darren Wilson of the Ferguson Police Department over his shooting of Brown have claimed that Wilson shot Brown while he was running away, his hands up. In actuality, the autopsy report suggests that Brown did indeed attempt to take Wilson’s gun, that Wilson shot him in the hand over it, and that Brown charged Wilson with his hands down.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/22/autopsy-Michael-Brown
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/evidence-supports-officer%e2%80%99s-account-in-ferguson-shooting/ar-BBaEMbC?ocid=iehp

I thought that the officer was toast, and wondered if he should be given and statements that got so much press.

This article states that 6-7 people black (- which makes you wonder WHY they had to identify them as "black") are supporting Wilson story. Also saying that they remain unidentified because they fear reprisal in the black community.

Provided these witnesses are as creditable as the others...than you end up with the forensic evidence as a "tie breaker"

As of today the forensic evidence sure seems to be supporting Wilson.

Note: It won't matter to many WHAT the forensic evidence shows, they will allege police tampering.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/evidence-supports-officer%e2%80%99s-account-in-ferguson-shooting/ar-BBaEMbC?ocid=iehp

I thought that the officer was toast, and wondered if he should be given and statements that got so much press.

This article states that 6-7 people black (- which makes you wonder WHY they had to identify them as "black") are supporting Wilson story. Also saying that they remain unidentified because they fear reprisal in the black community.

Provided these witnesses are as creditable as the others...than you end up with the forensic evidence as a "tie breaker"

Note: It won't matter to many WHAT the forensic evidence shows, they will allege police tampering.

AND

the doj will bring some kind of race charge against him
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

mirage62

a possible solution... Put all witnesses through lie detector tests. Won't happen though. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well my point should have been that it is a sad situation when rightly so people have become so jaded that they don't believe grand jury decisions.

Btw we don't know what the decision will be.

The sad part to me, other than a young man getting killed, is that no matter what, for many, this will further erode the relationship between the black community and the police....right or wrong....that will be the take away.

rushmc

***http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/evidence-supports-officer%e2%80%99s-account-in-ferguson-shooting/ar-BBaEMbC?ocid=iehp

AND

the doj will bring some kind of race charge against him

They will try real hard, like with George Zimmerman, but probably will fail.

Boy all the spark has gone out of THIS thread.....

Bill O asked last night to two preachers if given conclusive forensic evidence that the office shot in defense... would they accept the verdict of the grand jury. One said "no" and the other...well I'm not sure.

I'd like to ask here people (John Kallend, Lawyer Andy....?) should the forensic evidence support the officers version of events would you accept it?

I'm not asking IF he should have responded without using his weapon - that is an entirely legitimate question FOR LATER.

I would accept any forensic evidence (assuming it's proven accurate) for being what it is, for whatever it's worth. But I've been in a forensic evidence-related profession long enough to know that almost any datum of evidence, or collection thereof, is subject to interpretation as to what conclusion to draw from it/them - this is demonstrated all the time in every case in which there are "battles of experts", each drawing different conclusions from the same body of evidence.

Philosophically, am I personally capable of professionally keeping all bias at "neutral" and looking at all the evidence in this case - say, as a hypothetical "perfectly fair and objective juror" - and concluding that the sum total of the evidence more probably than not supports the officer more than the decedent, if indeed the evidence compels that factual conclusion? Sure I am. But I'd probably need the assistance of experts in helping me come to my conclusion; and more likely than not, some of the experts may disagree with one another. So I'd have to do my best to sort that out.

Sorry not to give you a more direct answer, but that's what it is.

Actually for a lawyer that was fairly short and as about as direct of an answer as I would expect. :P

(And professionally laid out)

Since you have (it seems) professional experience with forensic evidence IS there forensic evidence that is more or less "accepted" as truth, not as open to legal arguing? If so, what is it and does it seem applicable to this case?

Imagine it's a skydiving fatality; freefall collision. Now imagine that the second party involved, in addition to being thoroughly adrenaline-filled, really thinks they did their best. Other witnesses saw pieces.

Then add the perspective that the deceased is a CRW dog :P

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

IS there forensic evidence that is more or less "accepted" as truth, not as open to legal arguing?

Not so much legal arguing as factual arguing. And as long as there are more than 1 expert, it's not very hard to get more than 1 opinion as to what conclusion should be drawn from the evidence. I wouldn't presume how that should be applied to this case.

Well, one of the problems with the situation is that it goes far deeper than "was this particular shooting justified or not?"

The relations between the cops and the citizens in Ferguson are pretty bad. They were bad before this happened. This shooting was just a "spark."

The handling of the case has been...

Shit.

They started off by leaving the body of the dead guy laying in the street while they did their investigation.

For 6 hours (IIRC).
In St Louis in August.

They could have taken pictures and measurements and gotten him on ice in an hour or less. If it had been a dead cop, they probably would have.

Then they couldn't keep their story straight about what happened. Including a flat out lie about the orbital bone fracture.

Their handling of the protests that often started out peaceful, the arrests of the reporters in McD's, the overall attitude of the cops towards the citizens was...

Shit.

The photo of the cop in the armored car pointing his weapon directly at the crowd was particularly disturbing. Basic gun safety says not to point the gun at anything you aren't willing to shoot.
Often, simply pointing a gun at someone can result in "Assault With a Deadly Weapon" charge.

So why was this cop pointing a gun directly at the crowd?

I don't know if the shooting was justified or not. I can see it being legitimately decided either way.

But in either case, there are a lot more, a lot deeper problems.

That probably won't be addressed...
Until it happens again (note that I say "until" not "unless").
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

mirage62

Boy all the spark has gone out of THIS thread.....

Bill O asked last night to two preachers if given conclusive forensic evidence that the office shot in defense... would they accept the verdict of the grand jury. One said "no" and the other...well I'm not sure.

I'd like to ask here people (John Kallend, Lawyer Andy....?) should the forensic evidence support the officers version of events would you accept it?

I'm not asking IF he should have responded without using his weapon - that is an entirely legitimate question FOR LATER.

The autopsy results were apparently quoted out of context by the St. Louis Post....

www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/michael-browns-official-autopsy-report-actually-reveal/

Seems just as murky as ever. In the absence of good information I express no opinion either way.

(Except that the Breitbart article linked by rushmc is, as usual, complete junk)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

John, you didn't remotely come close to answering my question. Try again.

Second, did you READ the PBS link you posted? While it addressed a few issues it in NO way refuted a lot of damning information (Witness backing the police officer)

Anyway, answer the question.

mirage62

John, you didn't remotely come close to answering my question. Try again.

As was the case with the Zimmerman/Martin, I refrain from commenting directly on the case itself. My comments in this thread have been limited to general issues of police violence, not the specifics of this case. I'm assuming a grand jury will hear ALL the evidence (which no-one in SC has) and come to a reasonable decision.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And FWIW I agree the grand jury will decide.... Perhaps your overall comments about police violence in this thread w gave most people the belief of your position as it relates to office Wilson. :P

But as usual your answer was very safe. :)

Cya Sunday

Anvilbrother

***Sorry, your face is too ugly to have a valid opinion.

How the fuck did you get out of this without a ban or even a warning?

Because it was seen in context with the messages before I assume. Regardless that poster and I have had a chat in PM and all is good.

Context matters, even if it wasn't really the smartest or nicest thing to post.