regulator

So much for probable cause

AndyBoyd

This has apparently happened more than once.

http://rt.com/usa/new-
mexico-cavity-search-victim-451/

It has happened much more than one or two times.
That is sop there. See a vehicle with out of state plates. A lot of times loaded truck or trailer. And the attitude that we don't know for sure but we think you might have drugs in your vehicle. So we are going to tear apart your vehicle find no drugs but find $20,000 in cash. And they confiscate the cash as being drug money. Then leave it up to the suspects to prove different.

That is where I have a big problem with this stuff. Is the LEO's say the money they find on some individual is dope.money. that is all they have to do. They don't have to prove it. They say you have to prove it is not.

It is sad that you can not travel the US with a large sum of cash on you without the risk of it getting stolen from you by the government. And after that happens you ha e to prove to their standards that you were not going to use that money for illegal means. Why would anybody fear that?

The war on drugs is a failure.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

"I agreed to the search... I agreed to the dog... I agreed to XYZ."

Here's a word this guy needs to learn when talking to the police - no.

They'd probably have steamrollered him anyway but seems like he'd have a much better case for a lawsuit.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

What you describe without blocking your quotes is an excuse to apply the asset forfeiture law. NEVER consent to a search. A cop pulls you over for speeding and finds nothing further illegal (yea cops make up excuses), then there is no further probable cause to search. Make the cop get a search warrant.

regulator

what state are you in where police issue capitol punishment on prisoners in a state institution?

It seems LEO's issue capitol punishment on a daily basis across this country when someone has a hangnail that they feel threatened by.

I am well aware of bad cops and those with itchy trigger fingers. That would be... [IMO] considered judge, jury and executioner. I'm referring to the fact that LEO's and capitol punishment in prison systems are two completely different things. I've been around more than my fair share of ultimately professional police/sheriff's and the sort. There will always be asshole cops just like there will always be asshole bosses/boyfriends/ etc.

Well hey dude, it's not as if police misconduct - lying, suppressing evidence or beating confessions out of people - has ever led to a wrongful death row conviction, is it?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Regarding the medical bill he got;
I would tell the hospital: "You know if you forget that bill, I just might forget my malpractice suit for performing unnecessary medical procedures on a patient under duress."

It is disgraceful that medical professionals would even participate in this. I recall reading about an incident in TX where the cops took their victim to a second hospital, because the first one refused to be a party to their idiocy.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.