Amazon

Christian persecution

>What I'm curious about is why Christians (representing approximately ~80% of
>the United States population) are up in arms about being "prosecuted"

People like that _love_ to be victims. They are happiest when they can cry that the world is against them, and they can see themselves as heroic victims of a cruel and vicious world. That attitude can even be used to justify immoral actions of their own - after all, it's nothing they'd do normally, but they are VICTIMS!

(Countdown to the WAR ON CHRISTMAS begins in three months)

skinnay

******What I'm curious about is why Christians (representing approximately ~80% of the United States population) are up in arms about being "prosecuted" when movements based on equality begin pressuring them.

Somebody lied to you, sista...

Yep, it's more like 70% now, good thing we have less of them every year.

I was thinking more like...well, way less than 10%

People just say they believe in God because they're uncomfortable denying the answer of causality within them...but that's about as far as it goes...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

billvon

People like that _love_ to be victims. They are happiest when they can cry that the world is against them, and they can see themselves as heroic victims of a cruel and vicious world. That attitude can even be used to justify immoral actions of their own - after all, it's nothing they'd do normally, but they are VICTIMS!

It's all just a silly strawman...unless of course you all of a sudden pick and choose what FOX broadcasts you want to believe.

billvon

You are so far out in left field you can no longer see the flag. [:/]
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

If it's less than 10%, then obviously you don't think that people get to say if they're Christians. So who does decide? Is it based on a specific church? Who judges if someone's cause and decision they're Christian is sufficient?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

If it's less than 10%, then obviously you don't think that people get to say if they're Christians. So who does decide? Is it based on a specific church? Who judges if someone's cause and decision they're Christian is sufficient

That's easy...All of Matthew 7 pretty much answers your questions.

Emphasis on Matthew 7:13-14
“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easythat leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

wmw999

Who judges if someone's cause and decision they're Christian is sufficient?

Wendy P.

1 John 4:2-4New King James Version (NKJV)

2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

And....

1 John 4:14-16New King James Version (NKJV)

14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

I stand on these scriptures. The bottom line, only the Lord knows for certain the ones who are with Him. It is a decision of the heart not of the mind. Only God knows your heart.

If someone claims Jesus Christ as Lord and behaves in contrast to scripture I say they are seeking trouble. I can discuss their behavior but I cannot discuss the condition of their heart.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

billvon

>You are so far out in left field you can no longer see the flag.

And on science forums I am often considered to be a right winger. I must be doing something right.

Maintaining balance, that is a good thing.:)

RonD1120

*** Who judges if someone's cause and decision they're Christian is sufficient?

Wendy P.

1 John 4:2-4New King James Version (NKJV)

2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

And....

1 John 4:14-16New King James Version (NKJV)

14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

I stand on these scriptures. The bottom line, only the Lord knows for certain the ones who are with Him. It is a decision of the heart not of the mind. Only God knows your heart.

If someone claims Jesus Christ as Lord and behaves in contrast to scripture I say they are seeking trouble. I can discuss their behavior but I cannot discuss the condition of their heart.

Amen

normiss

Antichrist has been around since the bible was written?
uhmmm....nevermind.

Ya, there have been many...it's all in there, you just have to read it. Perhaps you missed it the first time?

Coreece

***Antichrist has been around since the bible was written?
uhmmm....nevermind.

Ya, there have been many...it's all in there, you just have to read it. Perhaps you missed it the first time?

Face Palm!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun