mpohl

You can't make this shit up! MIDDLE EAST Republicans Press Obama to Move Swiftly to Halt Extremists’ Advances in Iraq

First the Americans break it!
Like they have broken everything since WW2.

I mean, there is not a populace in this world that likes Americans; or more correctly, the pompous, arrogant politics of their elected leaders. Heck, even Europeans hate their guts...

Now. Americans are finally withdrawing from lands where they should have never been. And the Republicans still haven't learned the lessons. After Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc., etc.

How about if these pompous assholes get their butts over to Mosul right away!!

We have no business in that part of the world. And I never felt threatened by Iraqis, ISIS, etc.

Your wish is my command.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/16/world/middleeast/republicans-press-obama-to-move-swiftly-to-halt-extremists-advances-in-iraq.html?_r=0

Anvilbrother

Please link the article, which names what republicans are asking for this? You cant judge them all by the actions of a few there are assholes and idots in all groups.

mpohl

Your wish is my command.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/16/world/middleeast/republicans-press-obama-to-move-swiftly-to-halt-extremists-advances-in-iraq.html?_r=0

***Please link the article, which names what republicans are asking for this? You cant judge them all by the actions of a few there are assholes and idots in all groups.

Tried to make the link clicky. Hope I did it right.

Don't want to get into a fight on this one, but I've heard this in the media -- even Al Qaeda thinks these ISIS guys are too aggressive? Yikers. :o

Well, how aggressive is blowing up wedding parties by remote-controlled drones? Or starting a war under false pre-tense?

Point is. What the Iraqis do to each other is no concern of ours. Let them figure it out.

However, you can be assured that if the US gets involved. Sunnis and Shias will unite in a flash against the American invaders. Nothing better than a foreign invader to stop the in-fighting and unite people towards a common cause!

Tried to make the link clicky. Hope I did it right.

Don't want to get into a fight on this one, but I've heard this in the media -- even Al Qaeda thinks these ISIS guys are too aggressive? Yikers. :o

***Point is. What the Iraqis do to each other is no concern of ours. Let them figure it out. ***

You have got it right. There is a quote from the (getting old) Stanley Kubric movie Full Metal Jacket that is pretty telling. I can't remember it exactly, but it goes something like this. A journalist is interviewing a squad in Vietnam. An American soldier says "Can I quote LBJ? I will not send American boys 8 or 10,000 miles to do a job Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4BuQMJEKHw 1:10 into the clip, about.

My limited research indicates the quote is roughly accurate. I guess this is my feeling about Iraq and Afghanistan. This is a job middle-eastern boys ought to be doing for themselves.

From the film;

I will not send American boys 8 or 10,000 miles to do a job Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves.

Speech, Oct. 21, 1964, Akron University, Ohio.
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=26635

Actually said;

But we are not about to send American boys 9 or 10,000 miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves.

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

RMoney was blithering on Iraq this morning as well. He still wants to be the CinC

Based on his decisions in life that would be "ChickenHawk in Chief" get rid of that 47% by sending them off to war since they do not matter anyway. Its his best jobs plan... since his others created millions of jobs overseas by putting Asians to work after destroying the lives of so many Americans.. BUT.. he did get rich so in our system.. that is all that matters.

your link does not show any of what your are making up....did you post the wrong link?

The link says this

but if you go to it the title says this

"Obama Pushes Iraqis to Mend Sectarian Rifts"

I did a control F search and the only thing I could find from a Republican was a suggestion to use air strikes to help knock them back so the Iraq army and police could regain a foothold. Is that your idea of "republicans want to go back to war in Iraq"? Obama has been air striking via drones the SHIT out of the middle east, where have you been?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

your link does not show any of what your are making up....did you post the wrong link?

The link says this

I did a control F search and the only thing I could find from a Republican was a suggestion to use air strikes to help knock them back so the Iraq army and police could regain a foothold. Is that your idea of "republicans want to go back to war in Iraq"? Obama has been air striking via drones the SHIT out of the middle east, where have you been?

There is something hokey with the link - if you google that sentence it comes up with a number of places where the original title is quoted. Looks like the NYT may have retracted the article. An example....

http://dailyme.com/story/2014061500002070/republicans-press-obama-to-move-swiftly-to-halt-extremists-advances-in-iraq
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Anvilbrother

Obama has been air striking via drones the SHIT out of the middle east, where have you been?

Agreed. Don't mean to quarrel with you so much, you were just the last poster. We have had boots on the ground, planes in the air, both manned and drones, in the middle east for going on what, 20 years (roughly)? They still hate us. This nation-building crap doesn't work. I am sincerely sorry for the guys and girls that got hurt or killed over there. Breaks my heart. We tried this crap in Vietnam. Same result.

This clip sums up how I feel. No disrespect is meant to any soldier who served. I respect and appreciate your service. But as far as our involvement in the middle east:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRJ38y4Jn6k

The link that I posted no longer retrieves the original NYT article.

Sorry to say, but Manning got it alright in his Op-Ed piece, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/15/opinion/sunday/chelsea-manning-the-us-militarys-campaign-against-media-freedom.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Other than that, there is always russiatoday.com. It is no better or worse than the finest US reporting.

Stumpy

***your link does not show any of what your are making up....did you post the wrong link?

The link says this

There is something hokey with the link - if you google that sentence it comes up with a number of places where the original title is quoted. Looks like the NYT may have retracted the article. An example....

http://dailyme.com/story/2014061500002070/republicans-press-obama-to-move-swiftly-to-halt-extremists-advances-in-iraq

mpohl

Point is. What the Iraqis do to each other is no concern of ours. Let them figure it out.

that the head of Iraq asked for US assistance has to be at least brought into the conversation. But it has been made clear with Iraq, Syria, Libya - no matter what the Obama Administration will do, he will get flak for it. McCain will always bitch that he didn't do enough. The others will split into the "shouldn't do a thing" and "should drop the a bomb" contingents.

Amazon

RMoney was blithering on Iraq this morning as well. He still wants to be the CinC

Based on his decisions in life that would be "ChickenHawk in Chief" get rid of that 47% by sending them off to war since they do not matter anyway. Its his best jobs plan... since his others created millions of jobs overseas by putting Asians to work after destroying the lives of so many Americans.. BUT.. he did get rich so in our system.. that is all that matters.

I watched him this morning on Meet The Press, I thought David Gregory made him look like a fool.

jclalor

***RMoney was blithering on Iraq this morning as well. He still wants to be the CinC

I watched him this morning on Meet The Press, I thought David Gregory made him look like a fool.

That is a very low bar... It really is sad that the GOP can't muster a true statesman and leader from its ranks... I really want to believe that not all of them have been expunged by the true believers.

Amazon

******RMoney was blithering on Iraq this morning as well. He still wants to be the CinC

That is a very low bar... It really is sad that the GOP can't muster a true statesman and leader from its ranks... I really want to believe that not all of them have been expunged by the true believers.

I suppose it's far from a Herculean task to get the better of Romney in an interview.

He sure looked like he was testing those 2016 waters.

What are you talking about? The OP tried to link a fucked up link I am the one that found it not working, tried to get him to clarify what the hell he was talking about, and he couldn't. If anything im the only one that has done any real "work" here....

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

What are you talking about? The OP tried to link a fucked up link I am the one that found it not working, tried to get him to clarify what the hell he was talking about, and he couldn't. If anything im the only one that has done any real "work" here....

Maybe he really can make this shit up!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***What are you talking about? The OP tried to link a fucked up link I am the one that found it not working, tried to get him to clarify what the hell he was talking about, and he couldn't. If anything im the only one that has done any real "work" here....

Maybe he really can make this shit up!

BOOOM!